ISB admission, one year gap in education

Hi all, I am a prospective candidate for ISB this year. My brief profile is Xth: 86% XII: 72% BTech (IT): 71% (honors) Work experience (By the time of joining): total 2.9 yrs (9 months at a middle level CA firm and two years at indian…

Hi all,
I am a prospective candidate for ISB this year. My brief profile is

Xth: 86%
XII: 72%
BTech (IT): 71% (honors)
Work experience (By the time of joining): total 2.9 yrs (9 months at a middle level CA firm and two years at indian IT biggie wiggie)
GMAT: 740 (verbal - 40 (90 percentile), quant - 50 (95 percentile))
Extracurriculars: Got an article (related to privatisation) published in company's newletter, Was class representative for consecutive two years during BTech, Started my own self helping group for the underprivileged children 1.2 yrs back, have completed several courses on business communication, soft skills etc, My profile got selected and published on the company's intranet (based on contribution to company and to society at large). In addition to these there are several other tinnie winnie activities.

Now comes my greatest apprehension: During my XII standard exams, i got stuck with Jaundice. So was not able to take my engineering entrance exams perfectly. So, i have to wait for one complete year before starting my BTech. This gap has become the greatest worrying factor for me. I am aiming at ISB this year. Should i tell them the truth? Would it adversely affect my profile? Friends can you please suggest what should be my most appropiate and feasible explanation for this.

A similar question was answered on other mailing lists.

My suggestion: Telling the truth won't hurt your chances as much (*IF* at all it will) as much as hiding it (and getting caught) will. Be confident about your explanation, and focus on other areas (essays, etc.) of your application. Don't worry about it.