ISB 2012 class aspirants

Only a few days left ISB (2011 class) so thought all those preparing for the next year should get together to start our race to make it next year. My Profile - Work Exp - 3.5 yrs IT. A problem here is I don’t have a exp certificate for …

Only a few days left ISB (2011 class) so thought all those preparing for the next year should get together to start our race to make it next year.

My Profile -

Work Exp - 3.5 yrs IT. A problem here is I don't have a exp certificate for about 10 months of exp as I left Infy and broke the 1 yr bond.
GMAT - Yet to take.
Acads - Very Good with a few awards at school and college level.
ECs - Good. Have conducted and been a part of many events at school, college and work.
Additional - Have been recognized a few times at work as well.

Please suggest me as to where I need to put up more effort to increase my chances of making it to ISB. Also what are the GMAT scores I should be aiming at?

Thanks in advance. I hope this thread will help everyone aiming for ISB and other schools as well.

Hello,

Good to see this post. Well i am also looking at ISB for next yr.
Wanted to get it this time but my GMAT score was nt good at all. just a 650.

Will be giving it again and applyin next yr.

BTW to get into ISB u need atleast somwhere bw 680-750 or even more than that.

parul.

Thanks for the info Parul.. Will have to start slogging maybe 😃

Hi

Thanks for launching this forum. I am preparing for ISB 2012. my qualifications and achievements

Job Experiece - 2.5yrs, working as a lead business analyst curently for a firm providing Technology and Domain Solutions for Global Markets, Derivatives Independent Valuation and Treasury Operations Management Services.

Academics -

10th - 93% (ICSE Board)
12th - 78% (Bihar Intermediate Council)
BE (Civil), Delhi college of Engg - 74.5 % (Delhi University)

Kindly suggest the basic direction of preparation. I don't want to leave any stone unturned for ISB prep.

Thanks & Regards
Anupama

You al can use this as a guide
nv2008
has no status. Edit
Trainee PaGaL

Groans: 2
Groaned at 40 Times in 9 Posts
Report Bad Post
Re: ISB class of 2011 aspirants!!! - 13-11-2009, 11:08 PM - Add Post To Favorites
After doing a lot of research, in my opinion

Gmat scores above 700 are very important for indian Business schools

750-790 - 2yrs exp, decent essays, IT background, non - iit, career switchers
700-750 - 3yrs experience, good acads, decent recos, extracurriculars, iit, career switchers
650-700 - >5yrs exp, good acads, diversity, essays, same industry progress
600-650 - >8yrs exp., god acads, very diverse, famous or rich, post mba same industry employability gaurantee

for international, top 15 schools

700-800 - 3yrs experience, decent essays, balanced acads, extracurri, leadership, social service, career switchers
600-700 - >5yrs exp, diversity, above other qualities, same industry progress.

Hii Chaithanya,Parul and Anupama..

Iam Vakula with work exp 3.5 yrs....Iam too targeting for ISB 2012...I have just started my preparations by posting this here....

So how are all your preparations going on....Gud Luck for ur GMAT Preaprations......:cheers:

Hii Chaithanya,Parul and Anupama..

Iam Vakula with work exp 3.5 yrs....Iam too targeting for ISB 2012...I have just started my preparations by posting this here....

So how are all your preparations going on....Gud Luck for ur GMAT Preaprations......:cheers:

@ Vakula: Just started with Official guide to GMAT book and surfing through te website www.mba.com

Just thinking about at what time should I target to take te GMAT test as I have no idea how long it will take to prepare for the same.. All the best from me too to all the ISB 2012 aspirants.

I had one question from seniors. I started my career with a startup financial services firm in hope to get good exposure and still continuing in the same since last 2.5 years (as ample opportunity of growth was provided). Does it matter very much when we have job ex from some branded firm, how will it effect my selection at ISB. Kindly provide the info.

Hi Guys,

ATB for your prep. I think you need to work very very hard on your own profile, rather than outsource it to a general direction.

Every single profile is different in some ways or another. I suggest you use the essays they have posted online on their current application to answer the questions you have on your profile. Once you do these essays you will realise whether you have a lot to talk about, or to showcase, or whether you have to find something to showcase. Remember, the app pool is really strong, and with 2-3 years experience, more often than not, you will have to dig out something that counts in your favour, rather than just pick up experiences that you find interesting.

Do not hesitate to look into your personal life for examples of leadership. These occsions may be projected in a manner that highlights your initiative to take charge, or to take responsibility.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Pranay

Thanks for joining Guys and Gals... It already feels great to have buddies to start my prep...
I started the Official Guide recently. Have been busy with office work, so could not post for sometime. I am planning for my GMAT sometime around
April or May. Do you think that should be sufficient time for the prep?

I know for sure verbal is a pain area for me and any suggestions to me to improve it would be just awesome!

I was also wondering if onsite experience adds any value to your profile...

Keep posting!!!

Chaitanya

Hi guys

ISB Class 2012 means the admission commences in 2011 rt??

I have 1.5 years work experience as of now, and by the time i apply, I will be having more than 2 years of work ex. I plan to give GMAT somewhere around June 2010. Hope that gives me ample time for preparation.

I am working in a PSU with a management profile. And, I have good, if not excellent, extra curricular record at school and graduation. My queries are :

1.Will 2 years work ex by June 2010 suffice for admissions towards ISB 2011?

2.What is the best way to prepare for GMAT? Is it advisable to join a coaching institute or self preparation/online preparation will do??

Thanks in advance!! All the best to all aspirants!!

Hi guys

ISB Class 2012 means the admission commences in 2011 rt??

I have 1.5 years work experience as of now, and by the time i apply, I will be having more than 2 years of work ex. I plan to give GMAT somewhere around June 2010. Hope that gives me ample time for preparation.

I am working in a PSU with a management profile. And, I have good, if not excellent, extra curricular record at school and graduation. My queries are :

1.Will 2 years work ex by June 2010 suffice for admissions towards ISB 2011?

2.What is the best way to prepare for GMAT? Is it advisable to join a coaching institute or self preparation/online preparation will do??

Thanks in advance!! All the best to all aspirants!!

You need to have 2 years by the time you join, so you'll have enough work ex when you apply next year.

I am also In for this.
I am planning to appear for GMAT some where in April 2010.
I have 2.5 yrs of experience in sales and marketing of Automobile organsiation.

Once we appear for GMAT how much time does it generally takes for the application process.

Folks,

Me too in the race.

Total work ex : 3.5 yrs.

Currently working with Innovative GTC WLL , kuwait.

Previously with Infosys technologies - 2.5 yrs

Got a question here: Does anyone have exact data about the International Exchange programmes at ISB?

HI All,
Count me in too.
2.5 years of work experience in IT.
Good acads,, except in 12th:( (66%)
10th - 82%
12th - 66%
B.Tech - 7.5/10

Decent Extra curriculars..... participated in may college level events and won a few.
Organised few events during college fest.
Member of YFS(Youth for seva), a social organization :)

Plz suggest how much GMAT score would be apt to get a ISB call and what other things can I add in my profile....
Anyone from bangalore, PM me...can share our prep and isb strategy 😃

Puys,
From whatever I have heard about ISB, it appears to be bent towards demanding a higher GMAT score. It does consider overall profile of the applicant, however the weightage given to GMAT score appears to be higher than the candidate profile. Obviously, there isn't a sure way to confirm this! Anybody heard similar things from the ISB alumni can contribute their 2 cents.

Hi all,

I am also planning for ISB-2012.

Work Exp. : 4+ years( Telecom IT)
Acads : average
EC : decent, Got some client as well as IBM awards.
GMAT : Plans to take it nearby july august.

Hi all,

I am also planning for ISB-2012.

Work Exp. : 3+ years ( IT )
Acads : average
EC : Avg
GMAT : Plans to take it nearby july jun.

Hi Guys,

Can Any one give me an Idea as to when one should apply to get the date at around April-May 2010?

Will ISB be adding any value to my present worth? and if it does do I stand in the race?

I guess I dont know what's the brand image of ISB in India. That's my biggest concern. Its in the news for all the bad reason.

What about those people whose requirement is just to know general managment.

I am in T&D; EPC company in U.S.
Dont want to stay in U.S so I am looking for management position in India which requires management degree.

My credentials
B.E (Electrical Engineerig)(NIT, India)
M.S(power system) (U.S)

Work ex. 4 years in India (Manager Maintainenance)
3 years in U.S (Lead Design Engineer)
P.E (Licensed Engineer in U.S)

GMAT 720