ISB 2011 waitlists

ISB 2011 waitlists

ISB 2011 waitlists

yesss....I am in...whats the way ahead now?

Nothing but wait....

Yeah, we will have to wait till the results are out. Btw, I had gone thru last year's waitlist thread and it seems around 10% of waitlisted candidates will be given admission.

I heard typically 20-30 waitlists (both rounds combined) get admits finally.

Do you puys have any idea ?

I guess both the figures of 10% and arnd 20 admits from waitlists are somewhat accurate but the figures are very scary. Generally ISB offers admit to 30% of the candidates they interview. For waitlisted candidates the same ratio stands at 10%. 😞

It would be a good idea to share our profiles.

My profile : 740/4.5, 4 yrs Work Ex, IT Products, Senior Engineer, Acads - Good, ECs - Very Good

Regards,
Bharath

700/4.5, 10 yrs Work Ex, IT Products, Senior Tech Leader, Acads - Good, ECs - Ok

660 /4.5 , 5.5 years of IT experience as a Team Lead , Professional Aerobics instructor (part time ), Excellent Acads

Did anybody post a link to this thread in "ISB class of 2011 aspirants thread". I have seen the link in ISB rejects thread. This is just to ensure that people are aware of this thread.

bharath.aitha Says
Did anybody post a link to this thread in "ISB class of 2011 aspirants thread". I have seen the link in ISB rejects thread. This is just to ensure that people are aware of this thread.

I just did !

710/5.5, good acads, 3.5 yrs of work exp in various roles in Construction industry. Intl work ex of almost 3 years. Decent ECs and almost negligible CSR initiatives

Any idea whether wait listed profiles would be considered along with R2 or would be revisited only after R2 admits?

As far as I know...after R2 admits

shimmering.star Says
As far as I know...after R2 admits

Yeah only after R2 admits. Not everybody will be accepting the admission for various reasons. SO we are basically going to fill those positions i.e. kinda replacement.

Did any1 ask this question to adcom? When I called up, I was told that wait listed profiles would be compared with R2 applications before giving out R2 admits. This could be a possibility if R1 wait list means "good but not as much as other available R1 profiles". As this is in deviance to what is mentioned in the wait list email, not sure about the accuracy of this information.....Any idea last year whether any of the R1 wait listed candidates were given admission during R2 results ?

sanarian84 Says
Did any1 ask this question to adcom? When I called up, I was told that wait listed profiles would be compared with R2 applications before giving out R2 admits. This could be a possibility if R1 wait list means "good but not as much as other available R1 profiles". As this is in deviance to what is mentioned in the wait list email, not sure about the accuracy of this information.....Any idea last year whether any of the R1 wait listed candidates were given admission during R2 results ?

I dont think we will be evaluated along with R2 guys coz the mail says that our profiles will be re-evaluated sometime during the third week of March 2010. R2 resullts will have completed by then (R2 results will be out on or before Feb15th). I had gone thru last year's waitlist thread and as per that around 10 people got into.

Are you guys waiting this out or are you applying to other schools ?

Goal_MBA_2010 Says
Are you guys waiting this out or are you applying to other schools ?

I am not so keen on studying abroad. However, I am planning to apply NUS. Among colleges in INDIA which accpet GMAT score, apart from ISB, only IIMS' PGPX programs are in the same league of ISB. But u need atleast 5yrs to apply and I just have 4yrs. SO as of now NUS that's it. What about you?