ISB 2009 Wait-List

Hi guys. who

Hi guys. who

Friends,

Please find the reply from one of my friends who is a current student at ISB (Class of 2009)

Dear XXXX
The Bhagavat Gita says, "Everything that happens, happens for good". I am a strong believer of this verse.
Though I agree it is a pain not to make it after generous effort, understand that you have not lost anything great.
At the world's fifteenth best b-school, more than 300 out of 441 students are still waiting to find jobs. There are no companies ahead; it is a gloomy environment around.
A true business leader accepts everything that comes along the way and keeps moving ahead.
So my suggestion is - forget this for now, you have better things to do in life. Don't try to reach any conclusion regarding your potential with this result, this is just a mean thing.
Ultimately if you make it in March, be happy; if not, be happier.

Keep your cool
With regards
YYYY

This is a good idea... Lets keep each other informed...

Ya, good initiative. The agonizing wait continues for me too :(.

My profile - 3 years IT (seems like the culprit) / 780/ IIT/ good EC

Deepanshu

Hi
My profile IITKGP/MS UIUC/ 2.5 yrs work ex as research engineer in a software company in US/GMAT 740 - AWA 5
ATB

PS

hi frens..me too in d same boat.......gmat 680...workx 4.5yrs.....

Friends,

Please find the reply from one of my friends who is a current student at ISB (Class of 2009)

Dear XXXX
The Bhagavat Gita says, Everything that happens, happens for good. I am a strong believer of this verse.
Though I agree it is a pain not to make it after generous effort, understand that you have not lost anything great.
At the worlds fifteenth best b-school, more than 300 out of 441 students are still waiting to find jobs. There are no companies ahead; it is a gloomy environment around. I myself have got dings (not shortlisted) from more than 25 companies, and I have been rejected after 3 interviews in the final stage. But I am still fighting.
A true business leader accepts everything that comes along the way and keeps moving ahead.
So my suggestion is forget this for now, you have better things to do in life. Dont try to reach any conclusion regarding your potential with this result, this is just a mean thing.
Ultimately if you make it in March, be happy; if not, be happier.

Keep your cool
With regards
YYYY

Dear Nandan.....pl maintain some consistency in ur posts.....in ur post on page 890 of ISB ASPIRANTS 2009 u hv shared the same mail revealing tat 15 compaines did not shortlist ur fren.......while in ur tis mail........it has becum 25........similarly no of companies rejectig ur fren after final i/v have reduced from 5 in previous post to 3 in tis mail........grateful if u can xplain the discrepancy.......

Hello all, I'm wait listed too. 690/5 yrs/ Hedge Fund Industry/ 13 mins interview. Let's hope for the best, and be prepared for the worst.

I am on waitlist too.. The pain factor is that we'll have only 3-4 weeks between decision and class start date(assuming some of us get an admit)

I have a few doubts in the upgrading of WL to admit. Will the adcom have a number(rank) to each WL candidate?? Say if 3 admitted ppl drop out , top 3 in the WL get an admit. Or they ll have a more saner approach like 3 doctors drop out the 3 docs in the WL get admitted.. or something in this fashion.Which is the approach thats more likely??

Plus I am extremely apprehensive about our chances. Who will give up an admit @ ISB? I guess if one has a IIM A,B,C admit.. Or some top school in US or europe like Harvard , Hass , Kellogs , Chicago GSB etc. Even in the second category majority might choose ISB because of the dificultly in arranging for monstrous loans these top school fees require(unless ppl have got substantial scholarship).. I can think of any other category and I personally feel not more than 5% will be in all these categories.Which mean there is just a very very slim chance.. What says puys?? Any opinions??

Good luck to all of u.

Hey guys, me too in the same boat

720/ 5.5 yrs/ Automotive startup/ Decent acads

This wait is actually challenging......nyways back on my work table - saving my bills/ EMI paying job :eyepop:

Can we check the waitlisted no. ??????

wait listed 😞

I am a waitlist from R1. Atleast the R2 waitlisted guys had the enthusiasm and HOPE to start a separate thread for waitlisted guys. Indeed u r ahead of us-applying to the 15th ranked B-school, we RI puys were applying to the 20th rank B-school.
But frankly speaking waitlisted candidates do not stand a chance. I know this disheartens but it is true.It is a polite way of saying "you have been rejected". So please do not pin much hope. Start improving your profile for the next ISB i/v after u apply later this year. Infact we R1 waitlists are already half way through in improving our profiles for the next ISB i/v.

Ya, I hate being pessimistic, but then its quite true. Specially this year not may people will be leaving ISB for better places. But then again, its not a reject. Some of us will be lucky enough to get in, for others perhaps next year will be easier to get in.

Deepanshu

Hey Guys, had a word with the ad com, as per them usually 5% of the waitlist gets converted, but for this year figure is anybody's guess...........keeping my fingers crossed......

Got to know that about 60-70 ppl are waitlisted and about 10% get in. They reevaluate the application and meeting minutes of the waitlisted candidates(R1 and R2). I guess our chances are pretty slim.

Waitlisted :(
I know chances of gettin through are really really slim, but its still gonna hurt if (dont wanna say when) I get dinged in march :(

Do any of u feel re-applicants really stand a better chance of getting in? Am gonna apply in R1 next time.

Kriti

panacea Says
Hey Guys, had a word with the ad com, as per them usually 5% of the waitlist gets converted, but for this year figure is anybody's guess...........keeping my fingers crossed......

Hey!
I got the same reply from adcom (I'd posted in on the other thread). Earlier on in December, when I'd called to check I was told something else - that 15-20 get off the waitlist every year. So never know - it's all a game of luck! Pray that others don't accept their offers so some of us may get luck!

I was just wondering if they send out offers to more candidates than the number of seats (a theory that's been floating around on PG) considering that turnaround is about 90%. To me it would seem highly improbable coz say everyone does decide to accept the offer that particular year - then ISB would have more students than the seats available!

I emailed them again yesterday and was told that R1 and R2 waitlists are both considered together after the 15-day period that R2 candidates have to accept/decline their offers. i.e d-day is after 25th Feb!

Hi Ash_83,

won't be Feb 25 most probably as the ad comm might take some time to consolidate and finalize the list of selected candidates from waitlist. So I believe by 1st week of march will be more realistic.

there are feelers this year that he acceptance ratio could be a bit lower considering the economic scenario (not many people quitting there jobs) but honestly I believe it will be other way round - lot many accepting ISB over foreign universities - so the question remains!!!!!!!! :confused:

HI,

I've been put on the wait list to, checked with adcom they apparently don't allocate any waitlist numbers.

I have a 720 on GMAT (Q 47 V 42)
AM a C.A. with 3 years post qualification in an auditing firm.