Is wordlist needed for GMAT

Hi GMAT Gurus, I am about to start my GMAT preparation. Should I learn the dreaded Barrons GRE wordlist. Please help me in this regard Bye

Hi GMAT Gurus,
I am about to start my GMAT preparation. Should I learn the dreaded Barrons GRE wordlist. Please help me in this regard

Bye

Word lists wont help you in the GMAT. You'd be better off spending that time getting your grammar .. I mean GMAT grammar right

If you need to ask this question in a forum it means you are ill-prepared.

I don't see how you could not have got the answer to this question, if you had done some rudimentary analysis of the GMAT test. Either you were too lazy to do that or it didnot strike you. In either case, I don't think an MBA program is for you.

On the flip-side, look at it this way. Why wasn't that book re-named Barron's GMAT ?

Arun

hey ChaloUS...

Ive got one thing in common with u.... Im startin off on my GMAT prep. Ofcourse the grammar is very important, but dont u think its an added advantage if you know words.?? Thats why im learning up my words to. I believe you shouldnt look at these things from an examination point of view. Look at it as a personal development exercise. You'll need a good vocabulary if u r plannin on studyin abroad and if u one day plan to interact with business leaders of the world. So what better time than to prepare now itself.

Im open to comments and suggestion too...

Take Care!

Put it this way. Wordlists for GMAT ?

For loftier reasons in life in like being a "better human" then YES !

For GMAT - NO !

Arun

Hey Psychodementia, I feel that one may have thousand reasons to put such questions in the forum. They may sound simple questions but for him they may not. I didnt understand why you are after him shouting like an old grandma. Sorry I couldnt stop myself from making this comment. If my comment is rude, so was your response.

Put it this way. Wordlists for GMAT ?

For loftier reasons in life in like being a "better human" then YES !

For GMAT - NO !

Arun

Hey Chaiku..
I second your opinion. I don't really feel ChaloUS ever deserves such harsh and demotivating stuffs from this psycho(whoever). Wonder how he's become a certified pagal. Probably by being mean and demotivating others. Whatever it is, psycho(something), you don't really have to do what you've been doing here. If you've got nothing to help the newbies, you can very well keep it to your own business. And that would be more than appreciated! :new_bat_angel:

Hey Reachnagraj,
Good to know that you know how rude that was sounding. Still, I myself apologize for being a little(or maybe, very) rude on my last post. I think psychodementia has done a commendable job by helping others in here for 6 years. But the way he replied to a very innocent thread wouldn't probably be quite appreciated by newbies like me, who, like ChaloUS, are planning to take the GMAT. I was googling *Is there really a need to go through a wordlist for RC is GMAT* when i bumped on this forum. And gosh! The reply that ChaloUS got was so demotivating that i thought of never coming back here!

However, I'll take your word. Probably Psychodementia wasn't really trying make this guy throw his GMAT-gear off on his very first day. I hope it is so.

And the reason that I wrote about him being "certified pagal" for the bad reasons was actually out of anger. Not that I really thought he gained this status just like that.

Any of the ways, Peace. And thank you for answering the question Reachnagraj :biggrin: