IS/Should recession affect our MBA dreams?

Hey Puys! Whatever u call it slowdown,meltdown recession!! but this is affecting most of us in our jobs and work life. everyone in the Job market know that times are tough and who knows it could get worst 1)are we seeing bright peopl…

Hey Puys!

Whatever u call it slowdown,meltdown recession!!
but this is affecting most of us in our jobs and work life.
everyone in the Job market know that times are tough and who knows it could get worst

1)are we seeing bright people not taking their Mba admits???

is the pressure of a BAD job market making people differ or postpone there mba plans.after all ROI is big time affected!

Specifically with average salary falling to 13-15 lakhs level at ISB.

and Job markets wont llok up anytime soon.

does is makes sense to chuck your job and head straight into a financial question mark.

2) Is it a right time to do an MBA??

it is death of finance and investment banking.
the financial world will be upside down with all new rules and all new games
by the end of this recession
also marketing will have to change with focus on value rather than on image & luxury,

3) Would Mba curriculum need a see change to stir the highseas of recession.

the ball is in this forum's court!!!

WHat say puys???

need your ideas on this

i think economy will again rise 2 yrs down the line then there would be
demand for mba grad.....what do u say???

2 years???

any one in finance can help us?:tellme:

can citibank aig and hsbc, Tata motors , general motors toyota rise back in 3-4 quarters

wish i knew !:sad:
:new_bat_angel:

i think economy will again rise 2 yrs down the line then there would be
demand for mba grad.....what do u say???

Situation is really worse and i think it may take even more to recover... However, 2 yrs down the lane there will be definately improved situation...

my 2 cents on this

I believe the financial markets which are in a state of disarray ( if that is the right word)
the fundamentals of making money on money on money invented by americans has vanished in thin air!

The new world order for financial markets will take time to evolve and will involve extraordinary leadership knowledge and vision.

by that time due to this "credit crunch" or lack of sentiments-- the markets around us will change forever --the attempt of all of us to predict it or type cast it into some know
caricature or structure or cycle as they call will be futile.As new problems will have entirely new solutions( this aint nature and natural laws so common for engineering etc don't apply here)
and i bet on that.

but for that to happen...

it will take time-- lot of time

well said nothing1954/

"appreciation of the potential down side risks,post-MBA seems to be less than adequate."

I guess this sums it up!!!

hey anymore opinion???

Well.... an honest answer will be Yes...it will effect one's decision a lot.
You guys might be aware that 2001 recession lasted for 3-4 yrs....actually i remember my senior batch which passed out in 2005 had OK sort of placement and 2004 batch had a bad placement....
now this recession is much much bigger than the one in 2001...2001 was a recesion caused because of dot com bubble burst...but this time round each and every sector of economy is suffering
As pointed by some people that this recession might be of a scale of 1929's recession for which break even period was 24-25 yrs...
So to be frank i don't think picture will be rosy in 2011..

My advice will be to do MBA from either a very good college or a very very cheap college like FMS..(because of this recession i m not putting FMS in very good college category) ...