Is pumba an option for cet applicants???

well pple.now tht cet is over it is time for us to weigh our options.wht i have come across is that pumba is the best b-school to apply in maharashtra outside mumbai.infact pple even rate it above sydneham.despite this pumba has always enjoyed a l…

well pple.now tht cet is over it is time for us to weigh our options.wht i have come across is that pumba is the best b-school to apply in maharashtra outside mumbai.infact pple even rate it above sydneham.despite this pumba has always enjoyed a lower cutoff every year??can someone enlighten all us puys about this college and also how it stands in maharashtra???
this is their link for placements 2006.
http://pumba.unipune.ernet.in/Placements/Final-recruiters.htm

Yeah its a top notch collg. for cet , what i wish to know is the package offered to the students

nic Says
Yeah its a top notch collg. for cet , what i wish to know is the package offered to the students

thts wht everyone wud like to know.come on puys.lets get some info flowing here.ne contacts..duur ke chacha ka beta ka reference se milega to bhi chalega.just some info on packages offered.

hi yes its a good insti but not as symbi
guys i can say that its the second best b school in pune ans better than indira and all that iiimm and i2it but dont know the cut off

hey pple.i know institutes like symbi,sp jain,nm and tiss are better than pumba.but wht i'd like to know tht within cet apart from jb is there a chance tht kjsom,welingkar,sydneham etc are better than pumba???or not??

definatly the list is lyk ths
1) JB
2) SYD
3) WELINGKAR
4) KJ
5) PUMBA.....

pumba is a gd skool but its at no5 definatly.....

definatly the list is lyk ths
1) JB
2) SYD
3) WELINGKAR
4) KJ
5) PUMBA.....

pumba is a gd skool but its at no5 definatly.....

r u sure???cos i thot it was above welingkar atleast.and at par wid kj.and kj is definitely above welingkar.even their pg admissions closed at 89.

Any idea what would be the cut-off for PUMBA ??
Last year's cutoff ??

Me an OMS candidate... have a MAT score of 94....
Any chance ?

Thanx
~ Gulshan

hey buddy.last yr cutoofs were around 123 for mumbai candidates and 126 for oms.chk ur score in convertor.

vaibhav_v4u Says
hey buddy.last yr cutoofs were around 123 for mumbai candidates and 126 for oms.chk ur score in convertor.

As far as i remember the cutoff for OMS category lst year was 134 .

Pumba is very good option for Pune local People.

Its University department, Petrolium companies like IP,HP & many other Public Sector prefer PUMBA after JB & Sydn.

PUMBA offers Dual specialiasation. It will always benificial in future.

SIBM per year cost is 1.5 lacs . Advertising of SIBM is more,so companies r more .

SIBM is total commercial.

So don't compare it with PUMBA.

I got the news that last year someone left Sydneham & joined PUMBA b'use of Dual degree.

vaibhav_v4u Says

by the way 123 in written or total ?????
Lone_warrior Says
by the way 123 in written or total ?????

i believe it was total.not sure about the oms.but mumbai was definitely 123 as total cutoff.i think i read 127 for oms somewhere.
vaibhav_v4u Says
i believe it was total.not sure about the oms.but mumbai was definitely 123 as total cutoff.i think i read 127 for oms somewhere.

It was 133 for OMS

I have scored 99.20 percentile in ATMA...
That is equal to 122..

Hope to reach a total of 133 :thumbsup: 😁

Just downloaded the PDF...
Institute wise allotment.. and merit numbers with category..

For OMS category...
A person with a merit number of 44 opted for PUMBA and the last person being admitted was at 109 merit number....

But still no idea.. how marks did the 109th merit number attained in the entrance...

Last year's cut-0ffs.. for PUMBA.. OMS Category..

Was merit number 109...

Here are the person's marks...

CET/CET EQU Marks (outof 200) --> 126
CET/All India Exam Percentile -->
GD --> 11
PI ---> 13
WE --> 00
PAR --> 04
GDPI+CET/CET EQU Total
---> 154

Your MBA/MMS OMS Final Merit No. is..

OMS Merit No.
P.S. : The person's whose merit was 44..
His GDPI+CET/CET EQU Total ---> 160

-----
Hope that helps..
~ Gulshan

Was merit number 109...

GD --> 11
PI ---> 13
WE --> 00
PAR --> 04
GDPI+CET/CET EQU Total
---> 154

OMS Merit No.

-----
Hope that helps..
~ Gulshan

wow dude.thts some pretty heavy duty research uve done der.n merit no 109 is higher than wht i had expected pumba to take.so cool.

Was merit number 109...

GD --> 11
PI ---> 13
WE --> 00
PAR --> 04
GDPI+CET/CET EQU Total
---> 154

OMS Merit No.

-----
Hope that helps..
~ Gulshan

BUT MAN THEY ALL OMS PEOPLE DO NOT TAKE PUMBA SO LIST GOES ON AND ON__________