Is it wise to do an MBA 2 yr course for a 5 years experience person as softwar engineer

Hi…Just need one help.Sorry if it is not the correct form to raise this question. I am having 5 years of experience. Is it wise enough to prepare for MBA .(CAT , XAT). Since I am really interested in doing MBA and currently I am working as …

Hi..Just need one help.Sorry if it is not the correct form to raise this question.

I am having 5 years of experience. Is it wise enough to prepare for MBA .(CAT , XAT). Since I am really interested in doing MBA and currently I am working as software engineer. But I am not at all interested in technical anymore . Is it late for pursuing study for either 1 yr course or 2yr course. Since I have seen in India very few colleges are providing 1 yr course so thahswhy opting for 2 yr mba course.

@Radhika34

Hi..Just need one help.Sorry if it is not the correct form to raise this question.

I am having 5 years of experience. Is it wise enough to prepare for MBA .(CAT , XAT). Since I am really interested in doing MBA and currently I am working as software engineer. But I am not at all interested in technical anymore . Is it late for pursuing study for either 1 yr course or 2yr course. Since I have seen in India very few colleges are providing 1 yr course so thahswhy opting for 2 yr mba course.

Hi @Radhika34

You have decent work experience and you are at the right stage of your career, most of the top global b-schools look for 4-7 years of average work experience. Also brief me about your career goals, be specific on your short term post MBA career goals, which sector you want to get into and also let me know whether you are targeting GMAT or CAT test. Based on these I can suggest you the best b-schools both for 1 year and 2 year programs.