Is it necessary to take up a job while preparing for MBA entrance tests?

Hi, I am a new user of pagalguy. I have completed my engineering and worked with a software organisation for 1.5 years. I left my job recently to prepare for MBA entrance tests. All the people I meet now and tell my scenario, suggest me take up…

Hi,
I am a new user of pagalguy. I have completed my engineering and worked with a software organisation for 1.5 years. I left my job recently to prepare for MBA entrance tests. All the people I meet now and tell my scenario, suggest me take up a job while preparing as they say that it will be difficult for me to justify myself during the PIs. Is it true? Can't I just focus all my attention towards preparation without getting into any kind of job? And if job is advantageous, then what kind of job should be taken up which takes less of my time and effort, and also provides me with some relevant experience?

Hi,
I am a new user of pagalguy. I have completed my engineering and worked with a software organisation for 1.5 years. I left my job recently to prepare for MBA entrance tests. All the people I meet now and tell my scenario, suggest me take up a job while preparing as they say that it will be difficult for me to justify myself during the PIs. Is it true? Can't I just focus all my attention towards preparation without getting into any kind of job? And if job is advantageous, then what kind of job should be taken up which takes less of my time and effort, and also provides me with some relevant experience?

hi..:
See...it depends on your mental state...if you are able to stay motivated throughout then there's no issue whether you working or unemployed at the time of interviews. The panel only needs to find passion & confidence in a candidate. Moreover, work-ex isn't given much weightage during admissions in most B-Schools including IIMs. So don't worry & prepare hard now that you have taken the plunge. You can post here also to get more opinions:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/is-dropping-for-cat-justified-25017842

@Mods pls close the thread

I am an Engineer(non-IITian) and have a work ex of 9 months but I plan to quit my job to prepare for CAT because it leaves me with no time to study (as I work in a plant).Will it be okay if I have a work ex of less than a yr? I mean will there be problem if I have a year gap to get admission to IIMs( as I have heard about profile based shortlisting in IIMs from this year ) ?
My acads are decent:
B.Tech(chem engg) - 81.96 %
XII(CBSE) - 86.4 %
X (CBSE) - 90.2 %

I am an Engineer(non-IITian) and have a work ex of 9 months but I plan to quit my job to prepare for CAT because it leaves me with no time to study (as I work in a plant).Will it be okay if I have a work ex of less than a yr? I mean will there be problem if I have a year gap to get admission to IIMs( as I have heard about profile based shortlisting in IIMs from this year ) ?
My acads are decent:
B.Tech(chem engg) - 81.96 %
XII(CBSE) - 86.4 %
X (CBSE) - 90.2 %

hi..:
the reply to the creator of the thread applies to you also...
Pls post here for more opinions..
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-an...justified.html (is dropping for cat justified)
@Mods pls do the needful