Is it a right decesion to do my MBA @ ISB

Hello, I have close to 8 yrs of experice in IT. I am thinking of doing my MBA @ ISB or any other place where they offer 1 yr course. My current pay is 12-14 lakhs/anum. Some of my friends are advising me that it is not worth to do my MBA @ IS…

Hello,

I have close to 8 yrs of experice in IT. I am thinking of doing my MBA @ ISB or any other place where they offer 1 yr course. My current pay is 12-14 lakhs/anum. Some of my friends are advising me that it is not worth to do my MBA @ ISB and pay 15-16 lakhs since I am already getting good pay.

But I do realize that, by doing MBA will have long term benifits. But my doubt is - 8 yrs of exp is it too much for me to do MBA ? Will I have any difficulty in getting placement due to my high exp.

Pls advise. I am not able to take any decesion due to this confusioin.

Hello,

I have close to 8 yrs of experice in IT. I am thinking of doing my MBA @ ISB or any other place where they offer 1 yr course. My current pay is 12-14 lakhs/anum. Some of my friends are advising me that it is not worth to do my MBA @ ISB and pay 15-16 lakhs since I am already getting good pay.

But I do realize that, by doing MBA will have long term benifits. But my doubt is - 8 yrs of exp is it too much for me to do MBA ? Will I have any difficulty in getting placement due to my high exp.

At ISB, I dont think you will have a difficulty as perceived by you...infact with the kind of companies that turn up at ISB, you shall be able to fully leverage your work ex and also get a better salary after graduating. Go for it and you wont repent.

Alternatively, try getting into IIMA PGPX next year. There the avg work-ex of the batch is around 8 years and you will find many other people with a profile similar to yours and needless to say...its IIMA u see !!

Warm regards,

Tumtum.

yaa the opportunity will open manifold .....u should go for it

its just not about money only its about ur position of responsibilty

well baba i think your problem is beyond the scope of little ones like us................u need to discuss it with your collegues or prefrentially with ISB gurus ..............at last our pagalguy has also got some limits i guess

P.S.btw wat do we do og this much money?(eying ur salary u c ) .

Hello,

its gr8 2 see u posting here.look the kind of workex u hav is gr8 for the course like 1yr gmba programs.
here is list where u can pursue.
1.isb
2.spjain
3.iimc
4.iima
last three hav fee around 8 lacs includes every thing.
n the same comes up around 15 lacs for isb,but isb is off international standards,others r also proven benchmarks of manage ment education in india.
BUT U MUST GO FOR MBA AS U HAV A GR8 PROFILE .
IT WILL GIVE QUANTUM JUMP IN SALARY N RESPONSBILITEIS AT THE MINIMUM U WILL B GETTING 20LACS ON PASSING OUT.
FOLLOW UR HEART

Mr. Kishore Sir... I would like to strongly advise you to pursue your MBA... Since you have a draw of abover 10 lakhs does not stop anyone from doing an MBA... It is very inportant that you grow in your career for which an institute like ISB willl be an ideal stepping stone.
This I say as ISB has the right exposure globally.
Inputs that are unique in India
1 year program
A lot of people who have considerable work ex and thus would be a perfect learning environemnt for you.

I just thought I wouls put my points across... GO for it and I am sure you will never have tolok back again

Hello,

Hey Kishore,
U ve a great profile, that ppl like me envy for !! MBA will really help u to get that extraaaa weapon in ur armour !!

--- If u think 8 yrs is a too much of exp., think twice. The avg. work ex in 2006 class of ISB was 5 yrs., the range being 1-20 yrs !! So u ll still young enough to do MBA !!
--- If u think MBA is not worth it, think twice. I am sure u would like to be in strategic management and decision making roles, rather than being in an implementation role in ur organization for the rest of ur life !!
--- If u think it ll be difficult for u to get placement, think twice. Coz if u graduate from ISB, u ll be a hot cake. And 8 yr of exp in industry is superb !!
--- If u r thinking ur already getting good pay, and things wont be better in terms of money after MBA, think twice. Coz i think even in monetary terms u ll gain !!

Guess we have an ISBite in making now !!

Cheers .......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Is money the only parameter ? Unless you are able to articulate more clearly why you seek to do an MBA its hard for anyone to say why or how you should go about doing one.

Write a longer post and try to be more introspective doing that. Talk about what you have faced in corporate life sans an MBA and what you hope to accomplish with that degree. Be truthful. The anonymity of the internet will help so no need to reveal stuff which you think might embarrass you.

Arun