Is 660 a good enough score???

Hello everyone I took my gmat today and scored a dismal 660. On my first attempt I had scored 590. here is my profile. Age will be 29 by the time i join native Indian professional background almost 8 years of experie…

Hello everyone

I took my gmat today and scored a dismal 660. On my first attempt I had scored 590.

here is my profile.

native
Indian

professional background
almost 8 years of experience in IT and ITES. (3 years international experience - currently working)

currently working as a Manager and as a consultant to a big insurance company for their IT division. Though I am into IT but my roles are not technical. I am more into formulating IT business processes, process and organizational change management, organizational and service risk management, project management, business continuity planning, process improvement, compliance with global standards, compliance and security auditing, etc. I have had exposure at different supervisory levels in my previous organizations as well.

My Bachelors is not from a top university but I do have a Masters.
my scores aren't stellar but are amongst the top 10 in my class. But dont know how to prove it.
Bachelor of Science - 63%
Masters of Science - 69.5%

professional certifications
I do have quite a few professional certifications like Six Sigma Black Belt, Information Security auditor, etc. Also I do have lots of certificates from my employers. In my current company I have set up a completely new function, starting from hiring to training and managing people. Have been involved in big projects.

recommendations
I can arrange two strong recommendations one from my MD and another from my Client.

I speak 4 languages, including 1 foreign.

Do you think I hold a chance of getting though schools such as Cranfield, Oxford, Manchester, Rice University, Kelley, etc.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am also planning to take a third attempt and hope to cross the 700 mark this time, do you think a third attempt will reduce my chances?

Thanks
Neeraj

hi neeraj,

am in a similar boat... with 5+ years of experience. my advice for you is to make your essays shine and GMAT shall not be a showstopper. I started the two threads to get more points of view and hopefully these should help you take a pragmatic decision.
ref: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/700-score-only-anything-less-is-unacceptable-25046013

Thanks dehumanised