Irrelevant Chit Chat of ISB Class of 2013 applicants

This thread is for all of the applicants of ISB Co2013 for any kind of irrelevant chit chat you want to have while you are waiting to get interview invite or want to pass sometime or want to know your probable fellow students. This thread has…

This thread is for all of the applicants of ISB Co2013 for any kind of irrelevant chit chat you want to have while you are waiting to get interview invite or want to pass sometime or want to know your probable fellow students.

This thread has only one additional rule apart from those of PG form -

No information related to ISB application process or GMAT will be given in this thread. Anybody found violating this rule will be subjected to groans.

All the ISB current students and alumni are also welcome.

This thread is to be used only as a stress buster and nothing else.

So the BC (Baat Cheet) begin.

spiritofmars Says
lets see ... I think we can contribute the wackiest ways to keep cool while waiting for that long-awaited IV email to arrive in the inbox... the best suggestion can win, maybe a T-shirt from PG, unless of course, I order the wrong size or I forget ...
My topic - SRK is a scumbag
spiritofmars Says
Death to all SRK fans... oops, I mean detractors
Now this is good. Ooooooo you are going to get so many groans. Nobody likes truth.
thisguy Says
Now this is good. Ooooooo you are going to get so many groans. Nobody likes truth.

I love this topic! Whatta way to begin..ENjoy guys..WIll c you ppl after sep 15th if i manage before R1 😃
Hiya Guys,

Trivia
701.something:
It is the current GMAT average on the ISB Co 2013 PG info sheet. It is below the current ISB GMAT average so me thinks there are a lot of guys out there who haven't posted their info, Hmmm :nono:
Hiya Guys,
Trivia
701.something:
It is the current GMAT average on the ISB Co 2013 PG info sheet. It is below the current ISB GMAT average so me thinks there are a lot of guys out there who haven't posted their info, Hmmm :nono:
There may be hazaar people who join ISB but not a part of PG. Secondly, you are assuming that who all are there in sheet will be selected. Kya yaar Sarka? Tower ghuma, signal nahi hai kya?

aaah! i'm almost done with the app! just need to finalize essay 3 and then done 😃

I am loving this thread, a great stress buster, Lagi padi hain, waiting for ISB and IIM C shortlists. God Knows whats gonna happen, I am getting nervous.

skyron Says
aaah! i'm almost done with the app! just need to finalize essay 3 and then done :)

Haha ... it took me 1 month and 3 ideas to finalize third essay ... but I like the spirit ! Jai ho !
thisguy Says
There may be hazaar people who join ISB but not a part of PG. Secondly, you are assuming that who all are there in sheet will be selected. Kya yaar Sarka? Tower ghuma, signal nahi hai kya?

Ye tower ka problem nahin hai bhayyaji, ye to frequency ka problem hai. Jab seat hi 500 hai to 1000 kahan se jaatein hai. Mera kehna ye hai ki jitne bhi log PG pe hai unhone bhi list bhari nahin hai. Abe hum kya baataye bhaiyya hum samajh pade ki selections reflect the application pool & considering PG is biggest such forum we should have had more applicant details :splat:
spiritofmars Says
I object, milord! You are straying dangerously close to a discussion about gmat/isb/big serious stuff .... in thisguy's words, you are damaging the sanctity of the Irrelevant Chit Chat thread. Get back on the pointless discussion track, I say

I apologize, petition withdrawn. Let's talk about how to cook a peacock curry when we get into ISB Tandoori mor sounds nice.
spiritofmars Says
Lol ... I am a veggie myself so tandoori roti is as far it goes. Pata chala woh mor jo humne tandoor mein daala..woh koi prof ka favourite tha .... beta lagg jayegi ;)

I am a vegetarian too, I was just kidding. Actually having been to the campus so many times I did not yet come across a peacock although their calls are pretty audible.

Have to say the food @ ISB parties sucks although they happen to have a good bar. Last time had a buritto made of chappati which had something like sambhar rice and cabbage as stuffing-the grossest Mexican I ever ate Not a big problem though as the food at Green Park Cafe tasted good and anyways students have a cook come to their quads.

What was amazing was that they have a special party committee which organizes a party every month

I haven't visited to ISB campus yet, how are the accommodation facilities? I have heard they are awesome, any comments?

rahu133 Says
I haven't visited to ISB campus yet, how are the accommodation facilities? I have heard they are awesome, any comments?

Yeah, they are pretty good, there are 4 villages which house a few apartments, each apartment has flats, a flat has 4 bedrooms and a common area, each flat is shared by 4 people, bedrooms are air-conned.
Can be simply described as a service apartment with cooks and cleaners included.
spiritofmars Says
Lol ... I am a veggie myself so tandoori roti is as far it goes. Pata chala woh mor jo humne tandoor mein daala..woh koi prof ka favourite tha .... beta lagg jayegi ;)
Why tandoori roti only? Tandoori Aaloo nahi kha sakta?
Yeah, they are pretty good, there are 4 villages which house a few apartments, each apartment has flats, a flat has 4 bedrooms and a common area, each flat is shared by 4 people, bedrooms are air-conned.
Can be simply described as a service apartment with cooks and cleaners included.
Any idea about the studio aparments for family guys?

I just finished downloading all 5 seasons of 'The Big Bang Theory'. Started watching it from yesterday. Any BBT fan out here?

great initiative guys.

Thanks for maintaining sanity on the other thread... make my job much more simple.

Cheers
Prashant Gupta

AWESOME...

alums used to tell us that they don't want to leave the place... some of them (who were offered jobs in hyderabad) stayed at ISB after they graduated...

I m having the same feeling now, they spoil you for life sigh!

Cheers
PK

rahu133 Says