IRMA GK STUDY GROUP!

Hello friends! They say “Unity is strength”. Plus they say, In GK group study is way more helpful than self-study. I don’t know who THEY are but I surely know GK is vast an studying it alone may become cumbersome.Hence, this group. H…

Hello friends!

They say "Unity is strength". Plus they say, In GK group study is way more helpful than self-study. I don't know who THEY are but I surely know GK is vast an studying it alone may become cumbersome.Hence, this group.

Here, we shall rip apart the PD Indian Economy Issue plus the material of various institutes.
Why this when there are other GK forums?
Because, this is a study-group, where tasks are divided among the members. Every day you shall be allocated one part. One needs to study that part only and post all the questions along with the answers. In this way, you'll do your part of revision and you'll be able to get the questions of other sections. In short, lesser input, better output!

Let us go and tear apart the issues of social concern!

PS: The members of this group may end up becoming friends and may be have a party in ANAND very soon !!

I take the first step. The population part of PD. Questions along with answers coming in a few hours.

Choose your own part. And let us begin!

this is all about eChoupal...!

@jiggy2211 Thanks! Hope you have access to PD Economy ISSUE. Take up a topic from that. And finish it by tonight and post it here! Q&A.; I am taking up the population thing today!
am taking up Planning in India, 11th Five Year Plan- goal, targets and strategies..

i tke up economic facts

@newmba007 Perfect. Abhi study kar lo. Post it when you are done.

Hii frdns....This is a good initiative...I had cracked IRMA exam last year but cudnt crack the PI....lets hope this time I make it...

So lets prepare for GK together...
I can take up the Abbreviations and some other topic too....As in the last year s exam there were many abbreviations...
@tuhin.sarkar and the next responders : the same goes for you too buddies! 😃 The topics are only for today. Tomorrow we need to have different topics. 9th NOV midnight is the last second when we'll be discussing any GK portion. Hence, we need to be diligent now ! Stick to your deadlines!

i can contribute by uploading some important ques from ENDEAVOUR's question bank.. as there is no softcopy for the same, i'll have to type it, so it'll take some time.

@SweetAngel1988 Nice to know that we have someone among us who has tasted the success already in the written exam. All of us will be looking forward for your help. As of now, finish your topic by tonight! THE PD economy issue has various topics. Choose one chunk, cover that and post Q&A; here.

Thanks and looking forward to the party at ANAND!
@thePANDA said:
@SweetAngel1988 Nice to know that we have someone among us who has tasted the success already in the written exam. All of us will be looking forward for your help. As of now, finish your topic by tonight! THE PD economy issue has various topics. Choose one chunk, cover that and post Q&A; here. Thanks and looking forward to the party at ANAND!
Surely...I have tht PD Economy book...I l finish a topic nd will get back....

This is exciting....
@nene Yeah I know it's difficult. In fact most of us have to type it out. Take your time. But then, try to post it by tonight.
SOME IMPORTANT Q&A;
Q1. which economist has written an article about 100 million missing women in S-E asia?
A. Amartya Sen
Q2. who has written the book- 'towards a hunger-free world'?
A. M.S. Swaminathan
Q3. Punjab national bank has launched a reverse mortgage scheme for senior citizens under what name?
A. Baghban
Q4. India's first weather satellite 'Megha-tropiques' is built in collaboration with which country?
A. France
Q5. What is the name of the time tracking delivery project created by Indian railways?
A. Simran
Q6. which disease was officially eradicated in 1975?
A. Small pox
Q7. which state in India is touted as India's first banking state as it has got 100% financial inclusion?
A. kerela
Q8. ILO and govt. of India have collaborated for eradication of child labor, what is the name of that project?
A. Project Indus
Q9.' sayani rani' is the mascot of which popular campaign?
A. jaago grahak jaago.
Q10. what is the other name given to GM foods?
A. Frankenstein food.
@thePANDA have a look... 10 ques for now... and i'll post 10 ques every time i log in.

POPULATION - INDIAN ECONOMY (PD)
Indian Population- 1.21 billion / 1210.1 million
Males- 624m Females- 587m

Years when India had -ve population growth rate: 1911-21
Sex ratio: 940 (no of females per 1000 males)
child sex ratio: 914. Lowest since Independence.

Literacy rate: 74.04%
Density of Populatn- 382

Indian Populatn as a % of world popultn- 17.5
China- 19.5% of world popultn

UP- most populous state. 199 million
Lakshwadeep- Least populated. 64,429.

Oct 12- Un declares it as the Day of 6 billion.

The 7th billion person on earth is Nargis, a girl child born in Lucknow.

India is expected to cross CHINA in terms of popultn by 2050!

@nene Perfecto! :)

Will take small topics ...work load at office 😞 ...

currently taking Census-2011..

hope that wud be fine...

@thePANDA..u took it..fine..i will take something else..

Still few facts...

1. Total population of the country : 1.21billion

2. Most populated state : Uttar Pradesh (19.96 crore)

3. Most populated district : Thane (Maharashtra)(1.11 crore)

4. Most populated city : Mumbai (Maharashtra)(1.25 crore)

5. Least populated state : Sikkim (6,07,688)

6. Least populated district : Dilbang valley (Arunachal Pradesh)(7,948)

7. Least populated city : Nagda (Uttar Pradesh)(1,00,036)