IRMA ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2009...QUESTION PAPER DISCUSSION/PROBLEMS from the paper...

hi everybody…this thread is for those who took the IRMA ENTRANCE exam 2009 on 8th NOVEMBER 2009 and this thread is tailormade for discussing the question paper and clearing our doubts regarding the solutions to them… I would appreciate i…

hi everybody....this thread is for those who took the IRMA ENTRANCE exam 2009 on 8th NOVEMBER 2009 and this thread is tailormade for discussing the question paper and clearing our doubts regarding the solutions to them...

I would appreciate if all the puys who took the test join in and discuss the question paper for the benefit of one and all

thanks

Amit ( barclays_boss)

if if may add.....puys who took the paper can also upload their scores so that we can have an honest analysis of the level of the paper...

i think the social sector questions were the most sticking point of the whole paper...on the whole the paper seemed to be on the easier side....puys what say ??

barclays_boss Says
i think the social sector questions were the most sticking point of the whole paper...on the whole the paper seemed to be on the easier side....puys what say ??

i agree.....!!!!

moi attempts:
english:38/40
quant:49/50
lr:48/50
social concerns:29/60:banghead:
total:164/200

HERE IS THE THREAD ALREADY FLOATED ON.U CAN POST YOUR SCORES IN THIS ...

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-exams-xat-fms-jmet/45701-irma-2009-discussions.html#post1720708

MODS PLZ TAKE NECESSARY STEPS

HERE IS THE THREAD ALREADY FLOATED ON.U CAN POST YOUR SCORES IN THIS ...

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-exams-xat-fms-jmet/45701-irma-2009-discussions.html#post1720708

MODS PLZ TAKE NECESSARY STEPS

hi mods/abhishek.....i've started this thread not only to post the scores but to discuss the paper as a whole...i would appreciate if puys bring up questions from the paper and discuss it...let's keep the discussion of irma,the college/scores etc different from the discussion of the paper...there is perhaps no point to clutter the thread on IRMA with all sorts of queries.
hope the mods understand this...
thanks
Amit

well finally 09 Paper over.....well definitely if one has seen the past papers,this was an easy paper....even the Isc section,if one has gonne through the material provided by PG,i am sure 20 is easily attempted.
My attempts
Ver -20(Bad time management)
DI/Qa/30
ISC-28

Total-108.
Verbal cut off hope so nikla jaayegave more time on other sec.....bad time mgt..anyway...All the best for others.....ab to Dec 28 ka hi wait......

could someone please post the possible cutoffs for each section and the cumulative cutoffs....also we need to discuss the important questions...

guys i dont quite remmbr d language of d ques.....enlisting sum of dem(based on moi memory)
1)who is d famous economist and noble prize winner among d following?
amartya sen

2)wat is d govt aim for agricultural growth accor to budget 2009-10?
a)3% B)4% c)5% d)6% e)none of these

3)bill gates was awarded which award?
indira gandhi

4)mahrashtra implemented cooperative farming to success in which crop(correct me if wrong)?
a)BT cotton b)basmati rice c)sunflower d)

5)which among d following is a GM crop?
A)BT cotton(dun remmbr otha options)

6)which scheme among d following is for development of farmers?

7)in which project is d network of 12 lakh optical fibre lines is to b made?
a)NREGS b)SJGSY

panchayti raj was enacted accor to which amendment?
a)71 b)72 c)73 d)74 e)none of dese

wil try and post more...

wel here goes mah experience

startd wid quantz...gave around 30 mins nd did approx 37 questions..could hv done more..dis section was on a easier side
den attemptd reasoning part...did 33 ques. in abt 35 minz
quite time consumin i would say for is section...at least for me
den gave 25 mins to eng ...did exactly 36
rest was on ISC....28 questions...im sure abt dis section..bt lots of questions requird common sense...so ovr al did around 134

wel mah take on cutoffz

quantz::21-23
reasonin::19-22
english::16-18
GK::16 ((i hope so))

over al it should b more dan 92

nd whn da resultz wil b out...??

Total attempts 193.......was left with 10 mins.. didnt do 4 Issuse of social concern and 3 Lr questions..else all attempted....some 15 odd tukka in social concerns....i think paper was easier than privos ones and cuttoff should be on higher side...keeping finger crossed

) Author of Development as Freedom?
answer : Amartya sen

2) nobel prize winner?
A: amartya sen

3) largest milk producing country?
A: India

4) Ramon Magsaysay Award 2009 Indian winner?
A: Deep Joshi

5) govt to lay optic fibre in india for 12kac km with the help of?
A: NREGA workers

my attempts

english - 35
quantz - 39
analyt - 33
GK - 39

OA - 146

my expected score

english 27
quantz 28
analyt 22
gk 15

OA 91

hi jasdeep...i think the results will be out by 28 th dec....

barclays_boss Says
could someone please post the possible cutoffs for each section and the cumulative cutoffs....also we need to discuss the important questions...

moi estimates:
eng:20+
quant:25+
ar:23+
gk:13+
total:93+(atleast)

1)aim for agri growth in 2009-10?
A: 4%

2) Non conventional source of energy?
A: solar power

3)which is not a green house gas?
A: oxygen

yes..even i feel the cutoffs to be around 95-98....still not clear about the cutoff in the GK section

not a major jute producing state?
options West bengal, assam, bihar, orissa, tamil nadu

answer:orissa or tamil nadu

wrong post

not a major jute producing state?
options West bengal, assam, bihar, orissa, tamil nadu

answer:orissa or tamil nadu

tamil nadu...