IRMA Anand 2010 Entrance Test : Queries and Related Discussions

Hi Puys, Though the official notification is not out as yet but IMS is claming that the Entrance Test will be on Sunday, November 14, 2010. Error 404 though we should wait for the official notificatio…

Hi Puys,
Though the official notification is not out as yet but IMS is claming that the Entrance Test will be on Sunday, November 14, 2010.
http://www.imsindia.com/news/notifications10.htm
though we should wait for the official notification to come out on the Website or in the leading newspapers but we can start discussing about the IRMA preparation and can shoot your queries on this thread.
This thread is dedicated to solve all your IRMA related queries. Feel free to ask your Queries. I request all the IRMAns like PKL SAAR, Ashish1684, Mistakenguy etc to help IRMA aspirants.

About IRMA:
IRMA was established in 1979 at Anand, Gujarat with the support of the Swiss Agency for Development Cooperation (SDC), the Government of India, the Government of Gujarat, erstwhile Indian Dairy Corporation and the National Dairy Development Board to provide management education, training, research and consultancy support to co-operatives and rural development organisations in India.

Programme in Rural Management

This Programme prepares young talented managers to undertake challenging responsibilities in the rural Co-operatives and the development organizations. It is a two-year residential programme leading to a Post-Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM) which is recognized as equivalent to Master's Degree by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The participants of this programme are highly valued in local, national and international co-operatives, NGOs, development organizations, and funding agencies. All participants are suitably placed in different organizations through Campus Placement programme.

Which other institutes are taking IRMA score?

The test score received on this entrance examination is used for the PRM, FPRM and CPDM programme of IRMA and also for the rural management programme of the Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB).

Courtesy: IRMA Website
Link of important Threads:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/irma-anand-2009-entrance-test-queries-and-related-discussions-25042856
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/official-irma-prm-2009-10-written-results-out-25036211

college name : Irma
exam considered : Irma written exam
pattern of paper : One mark per question with 0.25 as negative marks
50 questions in maths and lr and 40 in english and 60 in social awareness
cut offs : Qa and lr : 25, va: 20, sa: 24,::: Total 110 out of 200.

The written is followed by gd/pi at the campus.
Cut off for gd was 4.5 out of 10 and 18(not sure) for pi out of 40.
They calculate the written marks out of 50, and add the gd and pi marks to get a grand total, to release the final merit list.
Final cutoff was 60 out of 100.

Hows the difficulty level of the paper.....I heard Issues of Social Concern is a bit twisted....

Shankarjyoti Says
Hows the difficulty level of the paper.....I heard Issues of Social Concern is a bit twisted....

yeah the social concern issue is a bit tough to handle if you do not prepare well, but good preparation would help make it the most scoring section and this is the section IRMA gives weightage to differentiate between students who want to have a mba and students who want a prm from IRMA,
HOPE EVERYONE NOTICED THAT THIS SECTION HAS THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF QUESTIONS, 30% OF THE TOTAL
yeah the social concern issue is a bit tough to handle if you do not prepare well, but good preparation would help make it the most scoring section and this is the section IRMA gives weightage to differentiate between students who want to have a mba and students who want a prm from IRMA,
HOPE EVERYONE NOTICED THAT THIS SECTION HAS THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF QUESTIONS, 30% OF THE TOTAL

Hey how to go about this section (Issue of Social concern)...Just 3 months left for the exam...Is 3 months enough to crack IRMA...............
Thanks
Hey how to go about this section (Issue of Social concern)...Just 3 months left for the exam...Is 3 months enough to crack IRMA...............
Thanks

DEFINITELY THEY ARE,
JUST BE REGULAR WITH THE NEWSPAPERS AND SOME GK BOOKS, AS SOON AS THE FORM IS RELEASED TUTORIAL HOUSES WOULD START GIVING IRMA SPECIFIC HANDOUTS AND SOME ONE OR OTHER WOULD UPLOAD LINKS AND YOU CAN EVEN SHARE THEM WITH YOUR FRIENDS
GK TODAY
MEANWHILE YOU CAN EVEN USE THIS SITE

hi..........
can anyone help me with the g.k. section?

any links?

PLZ HELP..........

hi this is going to be my second attempt for irma. Last year my waitinglist was 1 but it didnot get conformed. According to my experience irma paper is similar to bank po paper. Issues of social concern need some extra efforts. Last year cut off in pi was 18.5

Do anybody having any information when forms will be issued and last date etc etc.

Thanks in advance

Do anybody having any information when forms will be issued and last date etc etc.

Thanks in advance

As per IMS
Apply online and pay through a payment gateway after August 10, 2010

Last date for receiving completed application forms is September 30, 2010.

though my advice is to wait for the official notification to come out.

hi.........
what to expect in social awareness(g.k.) section?

hi.........
what to expect in social awareness(g.k.) section?

I'm attaching the 2009 IRMA paper (social awareness)...Just go through it to have a feel of what type of social awareness questions you could expect in IRMA exam!!

Hello everybody
Firstly, thank you for starting this thread :). I have been waiting for this thread to open.
This is my first attempt to IRMA. Quiet excited!! I have gone through the previous threads regarding IRMA. I have all the copies of the magazines mentioned in those threads by the seniors. I have read few editions of yojana and kurukshetra. Presently, I am working for an NGO and I hardly get time to prepare. I'm worried about the quant section, I am preparing myself only for the IRMA exam as I am very much interested in the course structure of PRM. I do not get time to take coaching from any of the institutes.
Can anyone of you suggest me what exactly do I need to prepare to score high in the quant section. Can someone please suggest some books or any other preparation material?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,
Official notification is out.

https://www.irma.ac.in/admissions/Admissions_Notice_2011.pdf

Hello Guys,

IRMA notification is out.
Can some tell what exactly is the content of IRMA PG.
How is it different from the regular MBA, if there is any difference!!

https://www.irma.ac.in/admissions/admissions_onlineapp.php

Thank you Pritesh!!:)

Pritesh bro do IRMA looks for sectional cut offs.................or they give calls on the basis of overall cut off......................

Good Work pritesh...will join this thread actively ..btw how did u got this IRMA tag in u..:)

Hello,
Official notification is out.

https://www.irma.ac.in/admissions/Admissions_Notice_2011.pdf

Well...now that the official notification is out...guys get ready to get into one of the most respected institutes of india.IRMA by all means is one of the best institute for guys who really want to contribute towards the society.This institute can/will really give you something which you just can't get in any another institutes of INDIA.Working in the grass-root level.Now I'm going senti...actually always wanted to be a part of this college but then destiny had some other plans for me...anyway best of luck to all you serious aspirants of IRMA!!!