IRMA Anand 2009 Entrance Test : Queries and Related Discussions

This thread will try to solve all your queries related to IRMA admission — start posting *Pls avoid directing queries at me…Pls do not repeat qs…Read the thread from the beginning and pls do not reply thnk u posts…dont increase t…

This thread will try to solve all your queries related to IRMA admission ---

start posting

Pls avoid directing queries at me...Pls do not repeat qs...Read the thread from the beginning and pls do not reply thnk u posts...dont increase the thread length unnecessarily
Admit Card will be dispatched by October 31, 2009. Admit Card can also be downloaded from IRMA website after November 03, 2009.
'

Click here for "Why IRMA" Video

Thanks Ashish for starting the thread . I was planning to start this thread soon .

@To all aspirants :
Please feel to ask all your queries in this thread , we would answer your queries asap.

This thread will try to solve all your queries related to IRMA admission ---

start posting

good initiative ashish....

wen will IRMA notify about sale of forms and admission procedure fr d batch of 2010-2012?

from IRMA's website

https://www.irma.ac.in/admissions/announcement.php?ans_id=15

Application forms for PRM 2010-12 and FPRM 2010 will be available during August-September -2009.

you can check out the latest info and updates about IRMA's announcements @ the above link.

Hey Can you write down the exact structure of Q paper. Also what extra prep has to be done for it other than Cat stuff.... Also detail about GD/PI round and what all stuff we should read from now.

manish8_26 Says
Hey Can you write down the exact structure of Q paper. Also what extra prep has to be done for it other than Cat stuff.... Also detail about GD/PI round and what all stuff we should read from now.

We have four sections
1.Quantitative
2.Verbal
3.DI/DS/LR
4.Issues of social concern.
The first three are fairly common in all MBA entrance exams. Also the level of difficulty is not too high.
The fourth section requires knowledge of issues of social concern. Most people would read yojana, kurukshetra, frontline etc etc. Do it if you have the time. If not please read newspapers regularly. That is more than sufficient to crack this section.
THis was the exact structure of the exam last year
total marks 200 cut off 38 percent
reasoning max marks 50 cut off 22 percent
quant 50 c ut off 36percent
english 40 cut off 40percent
social concern 60 cut off 21.67percent
dont worry too much about gd/pi now..focus on the written test!!!
cheers

for the first 3 sections u need not worry much as nitin said the difficulty level is not too high...but yeah speed does matter...u can pick up any bank p.o. preparation material and start solving....u can time urself and attempt papers..this strategy wud help a gr8 deal....

Reading newspapers would help you to handle the issues of social concern . Yojana , Kurukshetra , CSR etc could be read as supplementary inputs. If you are preparing for CAT also, you needn't worry much about IRMA . Just build your speed in answering .

Cheers
ATVB

Hey Do u guyzz have ny old Q paper of IRMA .... Guyzz I m really interested in gettin to IRMA.. Also do tell me where is yojana available ??? i guess it is published by govt. of india !

Just search around in the different coaching institute websites . Almost all of them have an analysis of the previous years paper . It might even be available in PG. Yojana is published by the GoI and is available at the government press department office in your city. You'll be able to buy all the issues of the past one year together AFAIK. Also search for IRMA prep resources thread in PG . You'll be able to get some resources needed for the social issues section .
Hope this helped
Cheers !!

I got the link for subscribing for the magazine.. Hope it help others too , here's the link Yojana

And thnx ABHIJITH for all the info :)

manish8_26 Says
Hey Do u guyzz have ny old Q paper of IRMA .... Guyzz I m really interested in gettin to IRMA.. Also do tell me where is yojana available ??? i guess it is published by govt. of india !

A good magazine for IRMA would be Pratiyogita Darpan...and it is quite easily available

this analysis may be a bit helpful to be find out the question paper pattern

well this is not exactly a question paper of irma but it is a sample paper given out by irma

Hey the analysis pages doesn't open.... Do check it again.. nd thx for the sample paper

Can i know what is this FPM and PRM.
I know this would be available on site as well but would like to knw from the students.
Need to know all about these two.
Syllabus,difference,placements,job profiles etc.

manish8_26 Says
Hey the analysis pages doesn't open.... Do check it again.. nd thx for the sample paper

its opening up fine from my place
anyways this is the link IRMA Entrance Test Analysis 2006 - Career Launcher
manish8_26 Says

Its difficult to get an old paper as IRMA takes away the question paper af ther the test.
Here is the link to the yojana
Yojana
Can i know what is this FPM and PRM.
I know this would be available on site as well but would like to knw from the students.
Need to know all about these two.
Syllabus,difference,placements,job profiles etc.

Hi Ayush,

PRM is a 2 yr course and it will give u a Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management.
placements r usually in developmental sectors, NGOS, govt agencies,international agencies like IFPRI..

FPRM is a Fellowship pgm which usually takes 4-5 yrs on an average..this pgm starts with a prm batch and after 2 yrs the FPRM students have to finish their thesis which takes atleast 2 yrs..so more on the lines for ppl interested in academics ..but ya they also land up with consultancy et al.

for more info u can visit the IRMA site that will provide u syllabus n profile of the students..

here is something which may help in preparing for the issues of social concern part