IOWA-TIPPIE 2008 aspirants

Hi Frds, Anyone applying for IOWA for FALL 2008 admissions… Please share your profiles here and updations thereafter… To start with, I am Rajasekar, Chip verification engineer of experience over 38 months. GPA - 3.4 G…

Hi Frds,

Anyone applying for IOWA for FALL 2008 admissions....

Please share your profiles here and updations thereafter....

To start with,
I am Rajasekar,
Chip verification engineer of experience over 38 months.
GPA - 3.4
GMAT - 650 / awa 5
Community activities - excellent

I have started my application process...

Hey Moderstor, I have problem in posting the message here....Everytime I post its showing in a single line....Help me out pls.

Hello all,
Attended my admission interview with IOWA representative today at chennai.
It went well....
He suggested me to take GMAT again to get 700+.....
I am still wondering what to do???

Hi I am also considering IOWA. I have a GMAT of 670 AWA 5. Let me know ur mail id I am also from chennai we can discuss further on this

Hi Hasnath,

Share ur profile man.
Hav u started the app process....
I jus completed reco part.
But i think even if we submit app now, they start processing from december onwards.....

Regards,

u attended an interview?
bt isnt it in feb/march?

Hi Hasnath,

Share ur profile man.
Hav u started the app process....
I jus completed reco part.
But i think even if we submit app now, they start processing from december onwards.....

Regards,

Yeah it will be in feb and that too mostly a telephonic interview.
But if u want u can book during events......I booked during thembatour TIPPIE visit to chennai...

I think you can get an admit easily in Tippie. But, if you think you can cross 700, definitely give it a try. Who knows you might even end up with scholarships too!

Hello all,
Attended my admission interview with IOWA representative today at chennai.
It went well....
He suggested me to take GMAT again to get 700+.....
I am still wondering what to do???

I have completed the essays....Do they mean total of 500 wrds for both the essays..Thats too small, I think...Anyone completed the apps

I have decided to apply to IOWA tippie...I did talk to admission committe member in his world tour in Mumbai...GMAT range at IOWA is xxx-720 (as per info given there)

Deadline on website is given as Jan 15...I have a question...is it a rolling admission process or after deadline they are going to evaluate apps?

If it is only after deadline they are going to evaluate apps, I find no reason to start early on apps...

Please comment

Hi all,

I am Meensu(Meenakshi Sundaram): First year MBA student at the Univ of Iowa(Tippie School). My background

B.E(hons) BITS pilani

Work Ex: 29 months(Infosys):Application Developer(was performing a different role though)

Consulting:(Couple of months)

Startup:(Couple of months):Was helping my friend with his startup(ended dissolving the company(Hmmmmmmmmmm)

I benefited a great deal from Pagal and I would like to give back something.

Please shoot your questions and I will be ready to tackle them.

My few cents on the school:

Plus
1) Excellent Faculty(Esp for finance and Marketing). There are professors who are on the most sought after list in USA. I never knew this before getting in to the school.
2) The ROI is really good here and is the best in the world.
3) Henry Fund(Students get the opportunity to become portfolio managers and manage huge money).
4) A lot of talented and experienced people have been hired within the last few months to increase the presence of the school.
5) An ex partner at a big consulting firm has been hired to increase the presence in the consulting arena.
6) The finance curriculum rocks here(Wall street ranks it 16th).
7) Career services(They are the sweetest people on earth. They literally guide you in every stage of your job search and believe me they have pushing each and every student here. A lot of times the fault is on the side of the students because they just take it too easily. If you do what the career services ask you to do then getting a job should be a lot more easier).
Negatives
1) I feel that the school is really under valued(A lot of marketing activities are underway to increase the brand reputation).
2) The location of the school. This is a big ...big..point of argument. The school is located a couple of hours from chicago. This makes it a little difficult for the students to network with the major companies in Chicago. Networking with the east and west coast companies is also minimal.
The soothing factor here is that the school has recruited a new networking pro to make the presence of our school felt in all the big metros. The school participated in major career fairs this year(NSHMBA,NAWMBA,Black MBA) and is planning to participate in many others too. The school has also started making formal arrangements for the students to travel down to chicago and network with Almuni. There is a company visit towards the end of this month wherein we will be visiting a lot of companies in Chicago to network and understand the work culture.All said and done. I believe that the onus is on us to make a job.
I might sound a little too biased but the fact is that the school has impressed me so much. If you have any more questions do shoot them.
Go Hawks
Ever,
Meensu

Hi Meensu,

This is a great initiative but maybe you can start a new thread like folks from other schools have...something like...Tippe FY student takings questions !

~Hansy (U know my name )

Hi

I am going to apply to IOWA tippe...

But I would like to know about statistics about scholarships and assistanceships given last year and generally...

Please help us to get realistic picture of expenses encurred.

Hi Meenakshi,

I wanted to know how is the 'Strategic Management and consulting' concentration of Tippie MBA. I wanted to know about the Faculty expertise available and industry interaction, alumi guidance if any available for this particular conc. How are the tippie 'consulting' graduates valued in the job market?

thanks
mpm

I have opened a new thread as suggested by Hanu(Hansy). He is also a first year MBA student at the school. The link for the new thread is:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/tippie-iowa-first-year-mba-students-set-to-answer-your-queries-25026873/892697
I have answered your queries there. Please feel free to shoot as many questions in the new thread and I will be more than happy to answer them.