International Education Options in Canada

A group to discuss admission related information in Canadian universities and colleges.

Students from over 170 countries reportedly travelled to Canada for higher education, with India being the second largest origin country since 2012. The number of Indian students in Canada increased 630% from 6,675 in 2004 to 48,730 in 2015. 

Click on the link below to read the article. 

https://www.pagalguy.com/news/india-the-second-largest-immigrant-origin-country-in-canada-since-2012-6196997281284096

Let's have a discussion, how many of you wish to go to Canada for higher education and why?

Deadline for Ontario colleges

February 1, 2017: Equal Consideration Date : Apply on or before this date in order to receive equal consideration for admission to programs starting the following fall. After this date, colleges consider applicants on a first-come, first-served basis until programs are full.

Which Colleges/Universities in Canada are good to study Masters in Big Data Analytics/Data Science?

Do you know ???? 

Canada was named through a misunderstanding. Jaques Cartier, a French explorer, came to the new world, he met with local Natives who invited them to their ‘kanata’ (the word for ‘village’). The party mistakenly thought the name of the country was “Kanata” or Canada. 

Prepare to 'wash' away your hydrophobia

Ontario, Canada, has more than 250,000 lakes which contain about 1/5 of the world's fresh water. 

Revisiting the facts: 

Canada: 2nd Largest Country in the World

Capital - Ottawa

Financial Center - Toronto, Ontario

Official Language - English, French

Currency - CAD, Fluctuates between 50-60 INR (Per Dollar)

Prominent Industries - Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing, Hunting, Mining, Banking, Finance, Insurance, Engg & Tech, Telecom, Manufacturing, Real Estate, Oil, Education Services, Administrative support. 

Best Cities - From the East to the West coast, the main Canadian cities are: St. John's, Halifax, Quebec, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and Victoria.

Fundamental differences in the way education is imparted domestically and internationally..  

Terrific Insights by Prof. Suku Bhaskaran & Prof.Kim Anne Menezes 

http://bit.ly/2mom1Me

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1enr2CU-PxVaC0zkpxKIJ2-FkFJnLfs3m9Uk1wNq-NcY/edit?usp=sharing Bhai plz fill it

Niagara College Canada, offers 1 year graduate certificate course in International Business Management and Human Resource Management for international students, these courses are equivalent to 1 year Pg programs. 

Admissions are open for May & Sep 17 and Jan & May 18 for Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus

Application fee: $100 CAD

Tuition Fees: Appx $6,550/term $13,100/year

For more details please contact [email protected]

PS: Applications are closed for Niagara Falls Campus

Hi was thing of doing business management course or financia planning in toronto.

wanted to know the job opportunities are there if i do that. Help me out or any other course 

@ishanibose have done bcom and have 3 yr experience in bpo was thinking of canada for business management or financial planning course hope you could advise me regarding the best and job opportunities which one has more there

Education System in Canada:

College System: Colleges in Canada offers 8000+ specialized programs in the technical and professional fields including: business, agriculture and agri-food, health, social services, broadcasting and journalism etc.

The duration of these programs vary from few months to 4 years and programs are approved by provincial and territorial governments. 

After sucessful program completion you are awarded certificate/ diplomas/ academic and applied degrees and post-graduate certificate or diplomas.

University system:  Canadian universities prepare graduates with the ability to think critically, to be adaptive to emerging technologies, to become leaders in professional fields and to seek solutions in research.

Level of degrees:  

Bachelor’s: 3-4 years

Master's - 1-2 years

Doctoral - 3 years

Benefits of Canadian Education System: 

The education system is  equivalent to the U.S. and Commonwealth countries

Vast choice of UG ,PG, certificate, Doctoral Courses

Various specializations

Cutting edge technology and research labs 

Industry oriented courses

Availablility of short duration duration programs

Cost Effective

Post study work and immigration possibilities

Do you know that Canadian universities have been incubators for innovation such as the BlackBerry phone, flat-screen technology, SMART boards, and IMAX film

Do you know ?

More than one third of Canada’s research is conducted at Canadian universities – one of the highest rates of academic research among OECD and G8 countries. 

Canada: Highly innovative research takes place in the fields of health, nanotechnology, biotechnology, high-performance computing, environmental technologies, nutraceuticals, and renewable fuels.  

Hi All, Now you can get your queries directly resoled by Jason Baran, spokesperson for the GRE. Join http://bit.ly/GRE_6Apr thread and start posting your queries and do not forget to join Live Chat on 6th Apr 2017 @ 4:30 Pm. 

An opportunity to get your following and other GRE® related queries directly answered by Jason Baran, spokesperson for the GRE® program. Join http://bit.ly/GRE_6Apr thread and start posting your queries. 

Why take a GRE® test?

What's on the GRE® test?

What is the duration of the test?

How can taking a GRE® general test help me? 

Where all can I use my GRE® score?

How can i send my score to any graduate or B School?

What is the minimum score required to be accepted by any university?

How often can i take the test?

What is the best way to prepare for GRE®  general test? 

What is the difference between unofficial and official scores?

PS: Don't forget to join the Live Chat on 6th April between 4-5 pm. 

Happy Posting !

Do You Know?

• Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver are ethnically diverse and are home to a large immigrant population. Check out my next post for study options in Toronto.