Institute of Actuaries of India-Actuarial Common Entrance Test (ACET)

Hello puys As you know IAI Welcome to the Institute of Actuaries India is conducting an Entrance test Entry Exam for the first time for student membership this is a dedicated thread for the exams going to be held on 28/29th of januar…

Hello puys

As you know IAI Welcome to the Institute of Actuaries India is conducting an Entrance test Entry Exam for the first time
for student membership this is a dedicated thread for the exams going to be held on 28/29th of january/2012.

Syllabus for Entrance
ACET - Syllabus 1 (FAC)
ACET - Syllabus 2 (Stats Pack)

Wow. This is something!

Just a query. What happens to those who already are the members of IAI?
Do they have to sit in and clear the entrance exam in order to revive the membership?

AT

Wow. This is something!

Just a query. What happens to those who already are the members of IAI? Do they have to sit in and clear the entrance exam in order to revive the membership?

AT

No,they do not have to sit in the exam . Their membership remains intact!

How Is the exam on 28/29th going to be ???:sneaky:

Any Idea Any one....

Any one got the ID & password for the online tutorial of FAC from ACET...plz reply

@ImaRebel : have u registered for the exam? U got any mail reagarding slot booking for exams?! Even i could not find where the onine tutorials are.

poova39 Says
@ImaRebel : have u registered for the exam? U got any mail reagarding slot booking for exams?! Even i could not find where the onine tutorials are.

Yeah I have already booked the slot...I got a mail for the same...
No Idea abt online tutorials...:-(

Any one referring any book for the stats part...

Its giving me a headache...

what are the prospects after one becomes a member of IAI? Is there only one exam (or level) for this , or there are more levels for entry into IAI? Please reply soon...

piyushm807 Says
what are the prospects after one becomes a member of IAI? Is there only one exam (or level) for this , or there are more levels for entry into IAI? Please reply soon...

ACET is the entry exam...After that u have whole lot of papers...
check the link for more details Syllabus

u can get a job after clearing 2 to 3 papers of the ct series...
ACET is the entry exam...After that u have whole lot of papers...
check the link for more details Syllabus

u can get a job after clearing 2 to 3 papers of the ct series...

Thanks ImaRebel. By the way, maybe this is foolish though, do they ask questions from the material that they provide, or they may ask questions outside that too? How much time should be sufficient for the preparation?
piyushm807 Says
Thanks ImaRebel. By the way, maybe this is foolish though, do they ask questions from the material that they provide, or they may ask questions outside that too? How much time should be sufficient for the preparation?

This is the first time they r conducting an entry exam...
Hence I cannot speculate anything...but have heard that they are going to ask from the same...

No idea about later papers....

Hey anyone frm bangalore taking the ACET...

r u coming for the interaction session on 22nd jan...

i.e. tomorrow...

Gave ACET today...
Easy ...
Every thing was from the material...
Though I missed a few because I did not study stats fully...

@ImaRebel I am planning to give entrance next time in May/June. Can give some tips? when to register? can you please throw light on syllabus and time required for preparation considering i am engineer.
Thanks in advance.

@ImaRebel I am planning to give entrance next time in May/June. Can give some tips? when to register? can you please throw light on syllabus and time required for preparation considering i am engineer.
Thanks in advance.

Me too I m also an Engineer:-(:-(
Maths part was easy...
Stats part was easy but since many chapters were new to me...
I could not answer all(cause I had not studied)...
Hence give more time to STATS at least 10 days...and 2 to 3 quick revisions.
Keep checking the IAI website after april to enroll
Syllabus-
Maths--12th basic and a bit of engineering maths...
Stats--Basic (some chapters may be new to you but you will be familiar with the terms.)
Me too I m also an Engineer:-(:-(
Maths part was easy...
Stats part was easy but since many chapters were new to me...
I could not answer all(cause I had not studied)...
Hence give more time to STATS at least 10 days...and 2 to 3 quick revisions.
Keep checking the IAI website after april to enroll
Syllabus-
Maths--12th basic and a bit of engineering maths...
Stats--Basic (some chapters may be new to you but you will be familiar with the terms.)

Can you put up some questions that came... to give hint of idea what they were like..
avil99 Says
Can you put up some questions that came... to give hint of idea what they were like..

Simple differentiation questions,definite integrals,probability questions,log,matrices, algebra basic questions,etc...
I cant post the questions it d be violation of rules....
Simple differentiation questions,definite integrals,probability questions,log,matrices, algebra basic questions,etc...
I cant post the questions it d be violation of rules....

Its ok... your answer was good enough to give a gist of idea...
Thank u 😉 😃