Inspiration to KILL THE CAT

Inspiration to KILL THE CAT Wellbefore discussing about my post…First of all let me thanks…whole PG team for making this great site for budding managers…I just love this PGfor so many reasonsthanks allot for PG: ALWIN…Making this wonderf…

Inspiration to KILL THE CAT
Wellbefore discussing about my post....First of all let me thanks..whole PG team for making this great site for budding managers...I just love this PGfor so many reasonsthanks allot for PG: ALWIN...Making this wonderful siteI'm indebtedright now it's world...formeI legitimately thank, my god for this priceless source.
I don't claim to be an expert on CAT or the preparation methodology or even personality development guru, but sure all I wanted and request the PG fraternity that, please keep writing the posts about topic INSPIRATIONI'm sure those posts will give enough charge to believe in themselves that he/she will crack the cat. Yes, indeed so many people get the confidence and hope. Well... again, its mind over matter, it doesn't matter if you don't mind.
I understand inspiration, will be there while starting preparation butt gradually climbing the ladder we tend to loose a bit.if you observe seriously that's the juncture where we need the boostso that, we can't alter our axiomatic approachso puy's please Keep Inspiring mutually so that we together KILL THIS so called MONSTROUS CAT:x
It's after all mindset which separates us from not getting into IIM, but not the sole subject stuff.
Guys, we need just that Magic 30 odd questions are enough to crack this monstrous CATso no worry for what so everonly thing we should do is keep improving the SMARTNESS while taking testplease never ever be show ego towards any question from any section.
Well.we all know it's easily said than done.but when you keep practice that regularlyI'm sure its not that hard to master the SKILL. In that process, one thing is sure we keep recharge ourselves, otherwisewe will be drifting away from the IIM-Combatso, please keep stimulating:smile:
while writing tests, some time we tend to get low scores then that's enough to for us to think we are gone from the CAT' battleof course, It's happens for the most of time which is my personal experience. It's exactly happened, in CAT2005 where I'm used to be one of topper in my institutescore meagre 96.8 % butt crashed out in VA thoughthe sloe reason was, confidence...Yes, my confidence was utter low in the penultimate month of cat.where I used to get very low scores in VA section. I'm sure that was my nemesis in CAT..
What all I say is we should never, ever loose HOPEthat's the clincherJ
" It's like when nothing seems to help, If you go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and you know it was not that blow that did it - but all that had gone before.Amazing isn't it!"
Wellfriends, we all know CAT is not just a Test but it's a test of perseverance with passion. I mean without passion, we can't give 100% efforts to full fill any task.
What I feel is, people who are preparing for cat, visit PG and most of the time trying to find threads related to subjects such as QA, VA and DI stuff. But down the lane, they tend to forget they are going bit hard at preparation.well, it may not be for every one but certainly most of people do and tend to be more cautious towards preparationRight I understand the fact that, we all wants to get into crme-de la-crme B-school at any cost. Appreciated for your shear determination but we should be little smart in approach.
Unlike College exams where one can slog it out, burn midnight lamps for some days and try to solve all the question papers and still be sure to get a distinction, CAT preparation requires a single-minded effort, disciplined focused approach and a lot of Perseverance.
I feel it's not the most intelligent, most diligent or the most spirited who cracks the CAT,
But if you are a smart test taker, I'm sure all these intelligent, diligence and motivation skills pay for him/her.
By posting these inspirational thoughts (i.e. Even a great motivating Quote is enough.. and a short story can do world of good to morale) which not only adds to our daily preparation along with other threads but also boost for the newbie'sparticularly they start Believing themselves that they too aim for IIMA.
I try to update this Thread every week by posting something positive thought which will be enough to recharge our batteries for the whole week
It will be great, if Puy's also agree with my idea about this intangible asset which controls our subconscious, unnoticingly in the middle of preparation,I'm feel it will sets the Mindto play this serious GAME
I think we can hopefully build our PG communiqu into greater heights (Of course it's already got elite status..) MAKE IT AS THE SOLE SOURCEfor the cathunting.

Dude, what a post..i came here hunting for Motivation & Inspiration..Was studying at home but somehow was feeling low:huh:, so this thread..Very nice thread..looking forward for more inpiring and motivating posts

dude, theres another thread called "all i want to say about cat.". check it out. that one inspiring thread. puts everyones problems into perspective. the group help thing really works mate. success stories, and failures both inspire us in ways only individuals can think of.

awesome work dude!
i think that inspiration thoughts and having apositive attitude towards life helf you a lot in achieving your goals in life!!!!!!!!!

well, after seeing today's couple of posts from the puys on this thread....i thought its
not bad idea to share whatever i have withme...its hard for me to see Thread is dying..so,Mod's please forgivme for continuing Thread..
I recently read these below principles in some where while surfing net....please let me share with you puys....
STRATEGY for winning to anyone who has a burning desire to improve his or her life. If you do not have a burning desire, these principles can light your fire." This is how one can be more efficient and productive, and enjoy life more.
Have a Look at these very ordinary principles and yet hard to implement:
But it certainly not impossible....for sure.:)
(1) Accept your own self-worth
(2) Develop and maintain a winning attitude
(3) Learn to be creative
(4) Build on failure
(5) Clarify your values
(6) Set goals
(7) Visualize
( Appreciate other people and
(9) Do it now!
We all have abilities we can tap, powers we can use - but sometimes we don't know how or where to begin. That's where A STRATEGY for winning comes in. Combining the nine principles with some sheer discipline, dedication and determination will definitely makes the difference.
At the same time, those who have yet to realize even a small portion of their potentials. For those, these principles will might come in handy... Please puys share some true stories of people who have overcome adversity to taste the sweetness of success. At least try to post inspirational quote which might be useful for some somber souls....who just lacks the confidence...In the LIFE to achieve something which they dreamt.:)
Finally, have this wonderful quote for today....
"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."

:eh: I thought it was,
Inspiration to kill kill_the_cat

To kill the CAT is To tame it in One attempt!!!!!!

K.SHARMA Says
To kill the CAT is To tame it in One attempt!!!!!!

:huh: You are newbie, that's why you probably didn't get the humour.
Check this. 😐
:huh: You are newbie, that's why you probably didn't get the humour.
Check this. :|

Yeh kya ho rah hai bhai yeh kya ho raha hai?

MONIL BHAI........... JUDGES KO REPORT Karo ya Coolest avatar thread ko ek baar unlock karo please...... This shows how relevant my name is....

BTW puys thanks its an honour to get a thread with my username in it
Yeh kya ho rah hai bhai yeh kya ho raha hai?

MONIL BHAI........... JUDGES KO REPORT Karo ya Coolest avatar thread ko ek baar unlock karo please...... This shows how relevant my name is....

BTW puys thanks its an honour to get a thread with my username in it

Yeh koi saazish to nahi?? :sneaky:
Dekhte hai, Kaun banega 'Coolest Avataar'!

PS: Okies, enough. Get back to the topic the user intended to address. 😃

I am posting the reason for selecting the same username as this thread
Hope u all like it. This post is for inspiration of fellow puys who have been unable to do well in CAT for some reason or the other. So here goes....

My tryst with CAT started in 2005 when I first gave CAT. I faced the same exam first time without preparation, zilch knowledge as to what this exam was all about and full of foolish confidence. Needless to say my confidence fell on its face when the results came. First time I tasted failure. Subsequently I have given CAT two more times each time bettering my performance over last year and coming closer to the coveted IIM calls. Each time I encountered it on the morning of the third Sunday of every November for the past three years I thought that I had nailed it but each time it slipped through my grasp like a cunning animal. :bad-word:

Then one day I happened to watch Garfield movie on Star Movies and saw how the cat appeared so cute and innocent but indeed was a cunning and scheming being. That day I had the idea of creating my avatar. Each year I gave CAT it came to me in different avatars and in 2007 when it did come in its previous avatar it again slipped through my grasp because it again did something unexpected.

Then I changed my tactic from trying to tame the CAT or trying to bell it (preferences vary among puys) to trying to KILL THE CAT (so was born this username).
I agree that it sounds kind of violent but it does give me a whole lot more killer instinct than anything else. Every time I log onto PG it reminds of the yet unfinished pledge that made, the pledge to KILL THE CAT exam. emerge as a winner in this battle amongst equals.

In 2005 DI did me in, 2006 QA was the culprit and 2007 party was spoilt by VA. In 2008 I hope to nail all the three sections. People say CAT has nine lives for me it has just four; this year I claim the trophy.

PG remains my training ground where i perfect my old skills and learn some new ones.

Buddy, i completely agree with u..Important is the instinct, the killer instinct..and if argessive naming makes you to throw a grunt outta in air and say this time am gonna do it then al is fair..My journey with CAT too was on the similar road as of yours... QA ditched me, but this time i am conspiring since begining to kill QA , DI too, and VA is proving to be my good friend..anyways people please post how you all are handling things like, low feeling, demotivation, and many such things.

PS: I am aware of "All i want to speak about CAT", but i think structure of this thread is somewhat diff. than the previous, this thread is meant so that all PUYS posting here can one day post in the thread like "IIM final call getters profile"

Regards,
Ameya

First of all, Thanks a ton for this Great post.
All may be knowing about the Great book Thirukkural.
One verse in that book will be an great inspirational piece (for me it's always one) and it goes like this....

"Do not get bogged down by difficulty(to achieve) and greatness (in complexiety)of your goal, the labor you do(everyday to achieve that goal) will be a great inspiration to you (to achieve that goal)."

Thanks all...wishing you all the very best to achieve your Goal.:grin:

@naresh007

Thanks so much! This thread was very important, specially coz it can help boost one's dwindling confidence. I hope to learn more from this thread in the coming days and stay INSPIRED and focused :)

Cheers!

Moderator please note we cannot be inspired to Kill the CAT....... What if we really kill the Cat ?
1. Others in 2009 and so on will not be able to bell the CAT because the CAT got killed and technically a killed entity cannot be belled the next year.
2. Also why should only the 2008 students be allowed to Kill the CAT . Many NGO's will not support this attitude of killing the CAT.
3. Why is there a thread only to Kill the CAT. why no thread on XAT, MAT, JMET etc :new_ukliam2:
4. The name should not be Kill the CAT ......... why can't it be Bell the CAT, tame the CAT, catch the CAT, tie the CAT, forgive the CAT, Silence the CAT etc :detective:
%%%%%%%% YEH HAIN YOUNGSTAN MERI JAAN %%%%%%%%%%%%

If u have such a big prob with the name of this thread pls open your own one with whatever name u like or want....

And dude u have given four reasons I will give u one on behalf of all the supporters of this thread....

We have kept this name because we like it that way Period

Well, I truly believe that...

..The Goal is the Journey.

I've taken CAT twice ('08 might be my lucky time! ) and I've seen tens of people taking it...some falling flat on their face and some going all the way to the top.

I've come to realize that the major thing that separates those who do well and those who don't is how they view the process.

The people who don't make it (I won't call them failures) are the ones who are focussed on the result...:nervous: will I get >99 %ile, will ABC call me, what if they change the pattern, what if i go blank in the exam blah blah.

While the ones who do make it are the ones who whole-heartedly enjoy the process. It's about the rush of preparation, the excitement of the exam...sure it's also about clearing the exam and getting those calls, but the focus should be on HOW and not WHAT IF.

I say, don't stop doing what you enjoy :nono: and don't be super-tensed about the exam. :chillpill:

The most important phrase in the CAT process is "Be Cool" .

Trust me :)

Cheers !

In 1883, a creative engineer named John Roebling was inspired by an idea to build a spectacular bridge connecting New York with the Long Island. However bridge building experts throughout the world thought that this was an impossible feat and told Roebling to forget the idea. It just could not be done. It was not practical. It had never been done before.
Roebling could not ignore the vision he had in his mind of this bridge. He thought about it all the time and he knew deep in his heart that it could be done. He just had to share the dream with someone else. After much discussion and persuasion he managed to convince his son Washington, an up and coming engineer, that the bridge in fact could be built.
Working together for the first time, the father and son developed concepts of how it could be accomplished and how the obstacles could be overcome. With great excitement and inspiration, and the headiness of a wild challenge before them, they hired their crew and began to build their dream bridge.
The project started well, but when it was only a few months underway a tragic accident on the site took the life of John Roebling. Washington was injured and left with a certain amount of brain damage, which resulted in him not being able to walk or talk or even move.

"We told them so."
"Crazy men and their crazy dreams."
"It`s foolish to chase wild visions."
Everyone had a negative comment to make and felt that the project should be scrapped since the Roeblings were the only ones who knew how the bridge could be built. In spite of his handicap Washington was never discouraged and still had a burning desire to complete the bridge and his mind was still as sharp as ever.
He tried to inspire and pass on his enthusiasm to some of his friends, but they were too daunted by the task. As he lay on his bed in his hospital room, with the sunlight streaming through the windows, a gentle breeze blew the flimsy white curtains apart and he was able to see the sky and the tops of the trees outside for just a moment.
It seemed that there was a message for him not to give up. Suddenly an idea hit him. All he could do was move one finger and he decided to make the best use of it. By moving this, he slowly developed a code of communication with his wife.
He touched his wife's arm with that finger, indicating to her that he wanted her to call the engineers again. Then he used the same method of tapping her arm to tell the engineers what to do. It seemed foolish but the project was under way again.
For 13 years Washington tapped out his instructions with his finger on his wife's arm, until the bridge was finally completed. Today the spectacular Brooklyn Bridge stands in all its glory as a tribute to the triumph of one man's indomitable spirit and his determination not to be defeated by circumstances. It is also a tribute to the engineers and their team work, and to their faith in a man who was considered mad by half the world. It stands too as a tangible monument to the love and devotion of his wife who for 13 long years patiently decoded the messages of her husband and told the engineers what to do.
Perhaps this is one of the best examples of a never-say-die attitude that overcomes a terrible physical handicap and achieves an impossible goal.
Often when we face obstacles in our day-to-day life, our hurdles seem very small in comparison to what many others have to face. The Brooklyn Bridge shows us that dreams that seem impossible can be realised with determination and persistence, no matter what the odds are.
Even the most distant dream can be realized with determination and persistence

tHATS iT gUyS......
gO AhEaD AnD KILL THE CAT!!!!!

Hey there, that was a really inspiring story.! Very much needed for people who had lost hopes in writing cat again coz of their earlier failure:detective:. I hope everybody will read this piece of story and gain some motivation from this!!!!

Keep learning all u people:xmas:!!!!

"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.":xmas:

tHATS iT bUdDiEs........>>>>>>>>>DON'T gIvE wAiT FoR ThE TiMe wHeN ThE CAT iS OnE RoTtEn ThInG.:death:
KIIIIIIIIILL THE CAT