inspiration, support and association

Hello there! Each one of us can decide on which area to concentrate in. He or she can carry out his activity accordingly. Later on he or she can share experiences of the same. I am planning to donate some money, cloths. Also I plan to v…

Hello there!

Each one of us can decide on which area to concentrate in. He or she can carry out his activity accordingly. Later on he or she can share experiences of the same.

I am planning to donate some money, cloths. Also I plan to visit Old Age homes and Orphanage home. Visiting the disabled and chronically ill is also on the agenda.

Will let you know if I decide to do some more.

I am unable to post regularly. But I am here. Any helping hand needed please PM me.

I am contacting my friends living in various cities. I am sure they will come forward to do their bit.

Take care and keep up the good work.

sinew
(in Mumbai)

we have taken some initiatives here at Hyd'bad ... hoping to hit the grounds very soon ... think Hyd can be a role model to follow

hey, can we make this thread official one for posting our breakthroughs, problems, experiences etc ... that way, we can keep ourselves updated of the major thingz happening across all the cities :)

looking fwd to an enthu response from the junta

hi sinew,
Just a suggestion, if u can do devote time to these ppl in the orphanages and all.
I went to a local old home a few days back (along with my folks are into social work and wat i found out was heart rending. Its a reputed home/orphanage (only for ladies)( dont want to disclose the name) with around 80 ladies ( around 30-35 of them are between 20-35 yrs of age). Well, the ppl incharge there, give all of them( mind u ALL ) a sleeping pill daily at 5.pm, dinner at 6 and then they are rushed off to sleep so tht they can eb woken up at 5am.The reason for giving the pill ? So tht they dont get up ion betweena dn cause undue problems to the caretakers ! Well, we all know sleeping pills are addictive and who knows some of them might be given more once they get addicted/ immune to it ( ofcourse they wudnt disclose it to me !!)
These ladies were so lethargic, they are not encouraged to do anything except to sit around the whole day and ofcourse sleep off after lunch ! It was pathetic believe me. What these ppl need more than our money is our time.
Well, its already a long post, will end it here.

PS: didnt know whether to post it here or in the Payback time thread.

thts really pathetic n poignant... i have 2 concerns on the kind of treatment this OLD Home (OH !!!) is giving:
1. r they running it just to get funds i.e., for their own profits... ??

These ladies were so lethargic, they are not encouraged to do anything except to sit around the whole day and ofcourse sleep off after lunch

if they r not encouraged to do anything, i'm sure its bcoz the OH wants to portray a sad n grim picture of these ladies to the world & make the loot from public n corporate bodies... No doctor in the world will advise a prolonged use of a sleeping pill ...

2. even if the pill is just given so tht ladies sleep soundly & don't disturb anyone, why to everyone? what measures is this OH taking to enable ladies to earn a livelihood on their own?

ashish

Sleeping Pills!

Yes something needs to be done. Any suggestions about the appropriate thing to do?
Post freely.

Consumer Courts

NATIONAL COMMISSION (DELHI) 011-3712456
011-3016613
011-3327666
MAHARASHTRA STATE COMMISSION 2072097
MUMBAI CITY DISTRICT FORUM 4937770
MUMBAI ADDITIONAL DISTRICT FORUM 2076751
MUMBAI SUBURBAN DISTRICT FORUM 4361831
THANE CITY DISTRICT FORUM 5344069

hi sinew,
Its a reputed home/orphanage (only for ladies)( dont want to disclose the name) with around 80 ladies ( around 30-35 of them are between 20-35 yrs of age). Well, the ppl incharge there, give all of them( mind u ALL ) a sleeping pill daily at 5.pm, dinner at 6 and then they are rushed off to sleep so tht they can eb woken up at 5am.The reason for giving the pill ? So tht they dont get up ion betweena dn cause undue problems to the caretakers ! Well, we all know sleeping pills are addictive and who knows some of them might be given more once they get addicted/ immune to it ( ofcourse they wudnt disclose it to me !!)

My suggestion is that you take a person well versed about medicines along with you the next time to go there for a visit. Take the opinion of an expert on these matters and then go ahead with what needs to be done. If its a reputed home I am sure they have seen all aspects before doing what they are doing at present. If you have been going to this home for some time you must be an expert about such matters already. I am sure you can handle it your way.

We have already noticed that there is a lot to be done. Different people have different problems. What I can suggest is that we make some kind of a database. This will help us to find solutions to problems much faster. We can make some kind of a PG fund that will solely go for the needy. Everyone can contribute to this fund. Just about one or two hundred bucks from everyone here. Some may need a high amount of fund, we can direct them to those who organize this kind of fund raising activity. This kind of thing is very common in other countries. If you have read Reader' Digest you will get a good idea about what fund raising activity I am speaking about. Also we can start an awareness campaign about different kinds of problems that we face and need to solve on a daily basis. Problems related to health, finance, disputes etc.

(My teacher used to say 'Read Reader's Digest, it will improve your English', it has not only improved my English, it has also broadened my knowledge about such things.)

Fund raising program for the SOS Children's Villages of India - do check it out

SOS Childrens Villages of India

Greetings from SOS Children's Villages.

SOS Children's Village Bangalore in association with Eco-watch led by noted environmentalist Mr. Suresh Heblikar, is observing World Environment Day on Saturday, 5th June 2004 by organizing a series of programs. The objective is to increase environment consciousness among a wide cross section of people from all walks of life. We would also like to use this platform to increase awareness about SOS Children's Village and its activities and raise funds for children at the SOS Children's Village.

Event at SOS Children's Village, Bannerghatta:

SOS Childrens Villages were always encouraging professionals from various backgrounds to get involved in various events and support us in whatever way they can. A group of young IT professionals and students have provided the momentum by taking the initiative to voluntarily perform a musical program for the Children at the SOS village.

The members of this group, who are united by their passion for music, have formed a rock band, which plays popular Western and Indian numbers. We are delighted that their passion is now directed towards a socially responsible activity, which will certainly bring joy to many children.

We are delighted to invite all of you to be a part of the program.

The tickets are priced at only Rs.25 per person for the musical program.

We are delighted to share that to show solidarity with SOS CVI, Byford has sponsored T-shirts with SOS-logo. We would be presenting the T-shirts for a donation of only Rs. 225 each.

This is purely a part of fund raising program for the SOS Children's Villages of India.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am posting this example of a fund raising activity. I found it in one of the threads under Community Service. It was posted by member with id- super6.
There are many other methods or ways of fund raising. We can get some ideas and execute the possible ones.

PG fund is a definetly an idea worth contemplationg...I am from chennai..the community service scene here is quite sad...is there anythin i can do...??:)
Cheers
God Bless
Yogesh

Its a bit difficult to coordinate between cities right now. If you know of a way please mention it. Why don't you start something in your city first. Coordinate with those doing community service for PG in your city. Once everything is set we can find a way to doing something on a larger scale and encompassing a number of cities. An event or fund raising can be done properly when small sections of areas are taken at a time. Someone can handle the accounts. Someone can handle the activities.