Inside story of icfai hyderabd

ICFAI BUSINESS SCHOOL, HYDERABAD Inside story from an IBS student itself Academics 1.CASE METHODOLY for each class a case is given, which is a *COPY-PASTE *(inspired) from WIKIPEDIA and we r supposed to solve it, discuss it, like …

ICFAI BUSINESS SCHOOL, HYDERABAD Inside story from an IBS student itself

Academics
1.CASE METHODOLY for each class a case is given, which is a COPY-PASTE (inspired) from WIKIPEDIA and we r supposed to solve it, discuss it, like a GD, called CLASS PARTICIPATION (C.P.). The more we speak for the sake of it, shout to get noticed, the better grades we get.

2.Evaluation We r given grades for our daily contribution in the class, knowledge doesnt matter, if we dont speak up, we get the lowest grade. Even if u know the most about the topic but u cnt convey it, u lose ultimately.

3.The teachers do not teach us rather there are cold calls .. n if sm1 has a doubt, he/she will ask the students to answer it or leave it upto us to find a solution. (It is the best college for the teacher, getting paid for doing nothing)

4.Total sbjcts 8-9 per sem
C.P. weightage 35-50%
Monthly written test ( Non CP) weightage per sbjct 20 30 %
End sem exam weightage 30%

5.Projects an individual or a group project per subject, not a field work at all, google it. NO LEARNINGS ASSURED.

6.Studies for a NORMAL day 3-4 cases only 😉 plus related chapters.

7.Grade Distribution
a.Top 10% students - grade A (equivalent to 10 marks)
b. 20% students - grade B ( equi. To 8 marks)
c.50% - grade C ( 6 marks)
d.10% - grade D ( 4 marks)
e.Bottom 10% - grade E ( 2 marks)
f.And if our attendance is less than 60% we get an F. ( 0 marks )
g.These all marks add up to the finals and if for 2 consecutive semester, our CUMULATIVE SCORE is less than 5.5, we are thrown oops transferred to other IBS CAMPUS.

8.ACP (After class participation) AN INTEGRAL PART HERE. Some of my good frnz r master in suckin teachers balls and give them ROOM SERVICE and getting grades is a piece of cake for em. So if u are good at it, welcome to IBS.

9.LEARNING AT IBS The only thing that u here is POLITICS, COMPETING with ur peers so that they dont get better marks than u n BACK BITING that u did more work on ur project than anyone else. From a 10 pointer to a 5 pointer cribs about not learning anything from class rooms.

10.Students voice there is none, no one is bothered, from the Dean academics ( who is a lady and very famous for making students, research scholars cry in her room ) to the administration deptt., to a peon, to anyone .

11.Batch size around 900 in each year plus BBA and B.Tech.

Hostels
1.Single seaters rooms.
2.5 wardens, for any small little thing we have to REQUEST each warden.
3.Wardens can do anything, drink, smoke but we can be suspended for anything. In some cases, they are found to threaten/ blackmail students.
4.Although good facilities, electricity back up, hot in initial days of the course but fine otherwise.

Holidays
1.Diwali 1 day, for which an extra class will be scheduled.
2.26th jan. read as above .. no celebration on 15th aug. as well.
3.Ummmm thats it.

PLACEMENTS

1.PLACEMENT CELL Consists of some faculty members. Admin/Academic deptt. Doesnt get involved.
2.The faculty gets a company and for every student placed, he/she gets 40k 50k as commission, and for summers 7k.
3.If a company wants to recruit only 1 student at a package of 10 lacs, theyll ask to recruit 2 so that their commission is doubled. Yeah, u read it right
4.400 PLACED out of 900, Its lookin good this year.
5.Max. 9.5 lacs
6.Avg. 4 lacs.
7.Good finance companies come and mainly SALES profile for marketing.
8.No FMCG Cos.
9.D.E.SHAW came for summer internship and snapped that even our 9 pointers know nothing.

INCIDENTS
1.Students leaving the course in between cuz they get a better option.
2.Students leaving cuz of frustration.
3.Students cursing the college every minute.
4.Students waiting for the course to end.
5.We heard 2 cases of suicide attempts, a boy and a girl, 3 weeks ago, Im not sure about the reason so wont comment on it.

P.S. - I was not given a detailed picture of ICFAI Hyd, thats why I joined it, I dnt want the same thing to happen to u, At least I can pass the information, Rest is upto u.
Its worth investing a year to prepare again for a good college than to waste 2 years to do MBA from any college

For further information, u can continue the discussion, Im always here to guide u. U can also ask other students of my clg to verify the above information.

Regards.

1 Like

Hey, r u sure bcoz i got a call frm icfai hyderabad....after readin ur post m cursing myself for filling ibsat form....

cent percent my friend .. i'm studying here, i wish if i wasn't here .. dnt want the same for u ppl ... u cn ask me detailed Qs if have any more doubts after my detailed explanations.
I just want people to be aware of what they are going to choose ..

cent percent my friend .. i'm studying here, i wish if i wasn't here .. dnt want the same for u ppl ... u cn ask me detailed Qs if have any more doubts after my detailed explanations.

thanks a lot brother....this couldnt have come at a better time for me....i had the call(like most of other test takers..)n was on crossroads whether to attend the session or no....but...by the looks of your post....i dont think i'd be goin now...
plz keep us informed mate....
1 Like

i'm here if u r confused .. 😉 .. post ur query here ... good luck for other rslts ..

I have heard that it is a good college and placements are good as well.....can u give me more details abt the avg package and the current scenario regarding placements...

The kind of details you've furnished.. i do believe that you are a student at ICFAI, Hyderabad..!! Thank You for the info..!!

Although i'm pretty regular on PagalGuy, but here, i've seen only the rosy side of the colleges.. The gray areas are seldom disclosed.. I'm sure this thread is gonna be closed by the morning, but then.. it's a sincere request to all to furnish a clear SWOT analysis of the colleges instead of speaking about the positives.. Will only help the students decide better..!! After all, it's the aspirants that make PG a famed name..!!
taddu Says
Hey, r u sure bcoz i got a call frm icfai hyderabad....after readin ur post m cursing myself for filling ibsat form....

He has posted the truth, absolute truth about IBS, I have my family members(2 of them) working in ICFAI hyderabad, can not disclose their name...
But the bottom line is just don't get driven away by name............

i am not qualified just because i left the whole portion of reasoning as i was busy helping my friend siting behind me, she got a cal....

taddu Says
I have heard that it is a good college and placements are good as well.....can u give me more details abt the avg package and the current scenario regarding placements...

as i said earlier, avg package is 4 lacs, it's evn less but i'm being generous u see .. one more imp point - our course ends in the end of JAN. but our super seniors had to stay till MAY and wait for the placement ... :oops:
The kind of details you've furnished.. i do believe that you are a student at ICFAI, Hyderabad..!! Thank You for the info..!!

Although i'm pretty regular on PagalGuy, but here, i've seen only the rosy side of the colleges.. The gray areas are seldom disclosed.. I'm sure this thread is gonna be closed by the morning, but then.. it's a sincere request to all to furnish a clear SWOT analysis of the colleges instead of speaking about the positives.. Will only help the students decide better..!! After all, it's the aspirants that make PG a famed name..!!

I think the onus is on us to keep such discussions alive and make ppl aware .. so my friend .. SPREAD THE WORD .. :cheerio:

great job dude...what are the chances for freshers in placements..and what about the avg package for freshers

i think there is very less information available about the grey side of some well known and fiercely marketed colleges. other threads like this can be very helpful in taking the decision. thanks source. seniors pls come up with similar threads...

oh crap...i was getting happy for my friends for no reason!!!

I did have a doubt when I heard that the total intake is about a 1000!!!

Keep up the good job......thanks source......

source Says
as i said earlier, avg package is 4 lacs, it's evn less but i'm being generous u see .. one more imp point - our course ends in the end of JAN. but our super seniors had to stay till MAY and wait for the placement ... :oops:

Average package comes down naturally with a large batch size.. now if you quote median perhaps;), some puys may show interest, ha.

Yeah. I agree with Ekansh.

What we read on PG is the rosy side of the b-schools. Maybe we should dedicate one section here which describes the grey areas of the colleges so that students can get a hold of what really they are getting into after investing a fortune.

Btw, I agree with the author of this thread. It is better to drop one year prepare hard and hit the exams again instead of getting admissions into any college just for the sake of it. When we talk about MBA we're not seeing the placements alone. MBA is about the overall experience including the work environment, course, teaching methods and other such experiences which we cherish throughout our lives. This makes us a better person.

well even i can sense sumthin fishy as well....

first of all dey hvn't shown d marks or %tile
secondly dey r nt considerin written marks fr selection...hw a b-skool can give admission jst on d basis of gd/pi...
900+ students.....its jst impossible to place dem all...its even impossbile to hv average salary around 5lac...
on wat basis icfai guys r givin dates to each individual..whether dey r jst random or sum oder thing..

hey guys at the end of the day its ur call to take ibs hyd or not..
even i know a couple of ppl who are studyin in ibs hyd and i had a word wid dem..
they said it cant b ur 1st choice bt nid nt b last as well..
its betr than most of the mat colleges for sure asi ts a brand name..
regardin roi..
yes its on a hugher side but then if u have better options then why will you go for ibs hyd?
and regardin placements- then its preety obvious that placing 980 students will be a tough job..
and the followin batch have 820 students..
so if you perform well and be in the ivy league of students then no one can stop you from being placed..
for at the end of d day u hav to put in ur effort more than 100% to get a befittin return else evn the best of colleges will have a tough time placing you..
definitely those who get a chance to study at ibs hyd or a better college than it then everyone will go for a better option..
if u dont have a better option and u r desperate to go 4 mba then ibs hyd is not a bad option..
and u r always free to evaluate ur options..
for at d end of d day u hav to take a call..
take it or leave it..
do evaluate other options at hand before joinin ibs and if u hav no betr then either u can wait a year or tak admission in to ibs..

p.s. me too just an aspirant like all of you..
and i am going for the gd/pi on 27th feb from kol..

ICFAI BUSINESS SCHOOL, HYDERABAD Inside story from an IBS student itself

Academics
1. CASE METHODOLY for each class a case is given, which is a COPY-PASTE (inspired) from WIKIPEDIA and we r supposed to solve it, discuss it, like a GD, called CLASS PARTICIPATION (C.P.). The more we speak for the sake of it, shout to get noticed, the better grades we get.

2. Evaluation We r given grades for our daily contribution in the class, knowledge doesnt matter, if we dont speak up, we get the lowest grade. Even if u know the most about the topic but u cnt convey it, u lose ultimately.

3. The teachers do not teach us rather there are cold calls .. n if sm1 has a doubt, he/she will ask the students to answer it or leave it upto us to find a solution. (It is the best college for the teacher, getting paid for doing nothing)

4. Total sbjcts 8-9 per sem
C.P. weightage 35-50%
Monthly written test ( Non CP) weightage per sbjct 20 30 %
End sem exam weightage 30%

5. Projects an individual or a group project per subject, not a field work at all, google it. NO LEARNINGS ASSURED.

6. Studies for a NORMAL day 3-4 cases only 😉 plus related chapters.

7. Grade Distribution
a. Top 10% students - grade A (equivalent to 10 marks)
b. 20% students - grade B ( equi. To 8 marks)
c. 50% - grade C ( 6 marks)
d. 10% - grade D ( 4 marks)
e. Bottom 10% - grade E ( 2 marks)
f. And if our attendance is less than 60% we get an F. ( 0 marks )
g. These all marks add up to the finals and if for 2 consecutive semester, our CUMULATIVE SCORE is less than 5.5, we are thrown oops transferred to other IBS CAMPUS.

8. ACP (After class participation) AN INTEGRAL PART HERE. Some of my good frnz r master in suckin teachers balls and give them ROOM SERVICE and getting grades is a piece of cake for em. So if u are good at it, welcome to IBS.

9. LEARNING AT IBS The only thing that u here is POLITICS, COMPETING with ur peers so that they dont get better marks than u n BACK BITING that u did more work on ur project than anyone else. From a 10 pointer to a 5 pointer cribs about not learning anything from class rooms.

10. Students voice there is none, no one is bothered, from the Dean academics ( who is a lady and very famous for making students, research scholars cry in her room ) to the administration deptt., to a peon, to anyone .

11. Batch size around 900 in each year plus BBA and B.Tech.

Hostels
1. Single seaters rooms.
2. 5 wardens, for any small little thing we have to REQUEST each warden.
3. Wardens can do anything, drink, smoke but we can be suspended for anything. In some cases, they are found to threaten/ blackmail students.
4. Although good facilities, electricity back up, hot in initial days of the course but fine otherwise.

Holidays
1. Diwali 1 day, for which an extra class will be scheduled.
2. 26th jan. read as above .. no celebration on 15th aug. as well.
3. Ummmm thats it.

PLACEMENTS

1. PLACEMENT CELL Consists of some faculty members. Admin/Academic deptt. Doesnt get involved.
2. The faculty gets a company and for every student placed, he/she gets 40k 50k as commission, and for summers 7k.
3. If a company wants to recruit only 1 student at a package of 10 lacs, theyll ask to recruit 2 so that their commission is doubled. Yeah, u read it right
4. 400 PLACED out of 900, Its lookin good this year.
5. Max. 9.5 lacs
6. Avg. 4 lacs.
7. Good finance companies come and mainly SALES profile for marketing.
8. No FMCG Cos.
9. D.E.SHAW came for summer internship and snapped that even our 9 pointers know nothing.

INCIDENTS
1. Students leaving the course in between cuz they get a better option.
2. Students leaving cuz of frustration.
3. Students cursing the college every minute.
4. Students waiting for the course to end.
5. We heard 2 cases of suicide attempts, a boy and a girl, 3 weeks ago, Im not sure about the reason so wont comment on it.

P.S. - I was not given a detailed picture of ICFAI Hyd, thats why I joined it, I dnt want the same thing to happen to u, At least I can pass the information, Rest is upto u.
Its worth investing a year to prepare again for a good college than to waste 2 years to do MBA from any college

For further information, u can continue the discussion, Im always here to guide u. U can also ask other students of my clg to verify the above information.

Regards.

It is an eye opener i really appreciate it 😃 thanx a lot:) u have saved many lives 😃