INSEAD - September 2010 uptake applications

Hello- I am starting this thread for applicants to INSEAD’s MBA Programme - September 2010 uptake. I applied for Round 1. Anybody got an interview call yet? Cheers!

Hello-

I am starting this thread for applicants to INSEAD's MBA Programme - September 2010 uptake.

I applied for Round 1. Anybody got an interview call yet?

Cheers!

Waiting for a reply from their end.

No news.

Are we the only applicants in Round 1? 😃

I am surprised there has been no threads for INSEAD yet.

BTW the applicants will get an update on whether they are invited for the interview or not today (Nov 6).

I am surprised there has been no threads for INSEAD yet.

BTW the applicants will get an update on whether they are invited for the interview or not today (Nov 6).

Yes, I am aware of this. Does the admissions committee follow the dead line to the last second? I mean, a day or two earlier would have helped somewhat to reduce the anxiety.

Hello my name is Umesh and I am thinking of applying to Insead Sept 2010 . But I am quite speculative about the suitability of my profile for Insead. I have 3 yrs 3 months exp in shipbuilding industry. Gmat 760 /6. Graduate from IIT. average extra curricula. Please feel free to give an opinion on whether my application would stand a goo chance or not.

INSEAD always sends results out in the last day. The results are consolidated and sent out for all applicants.

Got the mail! Very happy! Now I have to think about the interview. :cheers:

USS - Take a look at the application and see what the requirements are. Apart from the academics, international exposure and all the professional achievements, INSEAD looks for unique experiences that can contribute to the learning experience inside INSEAD.

Hey Folks.. was wondering.. does INSEAD require any documents to be sent to them by snail mail? Atleast before the deadline?

Anyone know how extensive the recommender forms are? Reason being, need to know how long it'll take so I can ask my recommenders if they're ok to take the time out to do it..

gr_im2004 - congrats on the call - what's your profile by the way?

Hey Folks.. was wondering.. does INSEAD require any documents to be sent to them by snail mail? Atleast before the deadline?

Anyone know how extensive the recommender forms are? Reason being, need to know how long it'll take so I can ask my recommenders if they're ok to take the time out to do it..

gr_im2004 - congrats on the call - what's your profile by the way?

Hi Sid

Insead requires applicant's official transcripts by snail mail before the deadline.

Thanks Vibhuti.

So, I need to get copies of my transcripts notarized and sent asap.. But I didnt see any app reference # or anything - they're going to match up my transcripts based on my name alone?!

Assuming no one sends their originals..

Actually I sent my original transcript.... as my college allows us to get another copy of transcript whenever we want.

And INSEAD doesn't assign you a reference number until and unless you submit the application. I had attached a note with my transcripts with all the details (name, address, phone number, program etc)

INSEAD always sends results out in the last day. The results are consolidated and sent out for all applicants.

Got the mail! Very happy! Now I have to think about the interview. :cheers:

Hey gr_im2004,

congrates!!...
Even I have got an interview call from INSEAD..

so when is your interview? Also pls update your profile.....

People who have cracked the interviews, intv tips are welcome......

Cheers,
Shine
Hey gr_im2004,

congrates!!...
Even I have got an interview call from INSEAD..

so when is your interview? Also pls update your profile.....

People who have cracked the interviews, intv tips are welcome......

Cheers,
Shine

Hi Shine ,
Just to judge whether I can crack a call for i/v can I know your profile . Its just for information only . I hope yoou dont mind pal
Hi Shine ,
Just to judge whether I can crack a call for i/v can I know your profile . Its just for information only . I hope yoou dont mind pal

Here goes my profile..

Gmat 670 (:(the sad part)
Over 5 Years of Work ex..
Work - IT ,Retail
Strong acads ..
Good Extra curriculars - Into Sports, Research, Social work etc....

Cheers
Shine 12

Congrats Shine12... quick question - after you sent your degree certificates etc by mail to INSEAD, do they notify you by email or something when received?

sid981 Says
Congrats Shine12... quick question - after you sent your degree certificates etc by mail to INSEAD, do they notify you by email or something when received?

They did not notify me immediately regarding receiving my douments. But I got an email confirmation later mentioning that may apps is complete....which indicates that they received the docs........

Cheers
Shine

Thanks Shine.. am just about wrapping up my essays.. planning to submit tomorrow. The word limit is killing.. dang.

Anyone else get an i/v call? Did those who get it, get the call on the date published in the deadline list? Or did some get it before?

I know... patience is a virtue and all..

Finally.. got an email from INSEAD that my app is completed and will be reviewed in the 2nd round cycle.. notifications for i'view latest by Jan 15th... so am thinking that calls go out earlier as well? Anyone from 1st round who got an i'view call get the call before the last date? COME ON 1st Rounders! S'il vous plait? 😁

sid981 Says
Finally.. got an email from INSEAD that my app is completed and will be reviewed in the 2nd round cycle.. notifications for i'view latest by Jan 15th... so am thinking that calls go out earlier as well? Anyone from 1st round who got an i'view call get the call before the last date? COME ON 1st Rounders! S'il vous plait? :D

In Round-1, last date for the interview notification was 6th November, but most of the people got calls on 5th November. Very few got the interview calls in October itself.