INSEAD Sept' 09

So the R1 date just went by…my application reached on time : ) and I got the confirmation that the file is complete. Not many schools on my radar and with INSEAD done, I had the time to start this thread…lets gather here, share prof…

So the R1 date just went by........my application reached on time : ) and I got the confirmation that the file is complete. Not many schools on my radar and with INSEAD done, I had the time to start this thread.........lets gather here, share profiles and take it forward.

Lordofthedings8-) is M/30/8.25 years wex (by fall 09)/ 770 GMAT.

M 32/12 Years Wex/720 GMAT.

hey guys!

I am just done with my ISB interview n all.. Time now to work on the INSEAD application.
I have been through the application once.. God! it's going to take some time!

I hope we get the thread going?
My profile
GMAT 730/5.5
Work Ex: 2.5 years
Acads: Decent
Toefl: Waiting for the result

Any help with the essays guys?

Ciao

Karan

hey guys!

I am just done with my ISB interview n all.. Time now to work on the INSEAD application.

My profile
GMAT 730/5.5
French: DELF A1/A2
Work Ex: 2.5 years (French Firm.. again)
Acads: 88/86/70 in 10th/12th/Grad respectively

Ciao

Karan

hey.. i am looking at INSEAD for the jan 2010 intake... if i dont get in into ne colleges in fall 09 (not apping to many places)..

pts that drew me to insead..

1. brand recognition in India.. (insead ranks 5th in the list of schools to which indian gmat takers sent score reports in 2007, behind ISB, wharton, harvard and NUS).
2. All top consulting firms hire in massive numbers
3. small duration and hence low opportunity cost

since u seem to have researched this school well.. ne idea how is the skool in terms of academics.. and whts their area of expertise... also ne particual disadvantage in joining the jan intake ? is there a scope for internship ?

nd i have low work-ex 2 yrs 4 months as of now... is it possible to get in with 3.5 we(by jan 10).

thnx

I have also applied for R1. Received a confirmation too. Now starts the long wait until Nov 7th. Have applied to one more school: ISB.

Awaiting calls in a day or two.

GMAT: 720
Acad: 80 + (X, XII), CGPA 8.67, NIT Warangal - Mechanical
Extra curricularls - Decent
Work ex - 27 months (Till now) Dy. Manager - Marketing at Ashok Leyland
No intl exposure

Strength of app: Work ex quality, Multi-cultural experience (5 states, 8 languages), strong Acads and non-IT background
Weakness: No intl exposure, Work ex quantity

hey guys!

My profile
GMAT 730/5.5
Work Ex: 2.5 years
Acads: Decent
Toefl: Waiting for the result

Ciao

Karan

Applying to R2? The number of essays are more than ISBs and longer. Some of them are brain-chewers for sure ... anyways ATB ....

I am also an R1 applicant for Fall 09. My profile 720/Good Acad, dept topper frm IIT/ 5 yr WE in Consulting with >3 years international ex in 7 countries.
Anybody have idea how can we finance the Insead MBA, because as far as I know Insead does not have any tie up with banks.

Wow.....some action after 10 days, I almost thought there was no one ;-). Well, looks like we wont hear anything till very close to the deadline (Nov 7th). Agonizing wait I guess. Till then lets keep this thread active.....some pointers on financing the MBA (If we get in : ) would be nice.

All the best.

Cheers.

Hi,

I am R1 (Sep 09) applicant. My profile:
750 / 8 yrs / IT / M

Cheers.

I am also an R1 applicant for Fall 09. My profile 720/Good Acad, dept topper frm IIT/ 5 yr WE in Consulting with >3 years international ex in 7 countries.
Anybody have idea how can we finance the Insead MBA, because as far as I know Insead does not have any tie up with banks.

Check out the INSEAD website.

INSEAD - MBA - Financing Quotations
INSEAD - MBA - Funding by Country
INSEAD - MBA - Financing your MBA

I hope this helps ur query.

hi

another R1 candidate. My profile
M / 27 / Indian / WE 65 months on joining - 8 months IT and rest Finance / 760 GMAT / 120 TOEFL

+ves
OK EC's - Started a club in college, active in sports and games
Good career progress so far

- ves
no international exposure
no comm service highlighted in my application

there are a lot of strong profiles in this in the Business Week blog .... if this sample is representative INSEAD's avg GMAT score n work ex will really jump this year

Any interview calls so far in this forum.... from what Ive seen in old forums some candidates should be preselected by now .... have applied to only W and INSEAD so have a lot riding on these two .... neways fingers crossed

Good luck to all of us :D

Cheers
Gaurav

Hello, anybody heard back from Insead? I just got a mail stating that I am pre selected for interview.

djgmat Says
Hello, anybody heard back from Insead? I just got a mail stating that I am pre selected for interview.

Congrats man !!! As for me the wait goes on !!

Can you paste the message that you got from INSEAD. I am still waiting for an email from them.

hi .... i recieved an interview notification today too .... good luck to all still waiting ....
DJ whats ur profile?

hi .... i recieved an interview notification today too .... good luck to all still waiting ....
Rakesh this is for u:
"I have the pleasure of informing you that your application has been processed for the Class of July 2010 (Round 1), starting in September 2009, and I am happy to let you know that you have been pre-selected for interview.
I ask for your continued patience, while we organise your interview(s) in your country of residence. Once we select your Alumni, you will receive the contact details via email.
If you are not currently living at your mailing address mentioned on your profile, please tell us immediately, so that we can organise your interviews in the correct country/town.
In the meantime, I thank you for your patience while waiting for our next communication.
Kind regards,
Stefanie"
DJ whats ur profile?

I got the same mail...now for "Agonizing wait- Round II"

Cheers

I'm still waiting for the email.

my profile.

M720/4.5/WE 9yrs IT/Telecommunication/ Good Acads/EC

Dear Guys,

I am 27/ German-Iranian/ grew up in Germany/ studied in UK/ worked in Iran and now Dubai/ work experience 3 years/ 650 GMAT score.

I was pre-selected to interview and had my first alumni interview today. The interview went quite well, and after the interview, the interviewer gave me his feedback:
" He said that I have a strong profile, he will recommend me and believes I have the right fit with INSEAD, however he said he will state that it would be better if I enjoyed the program in a couple of years, once I have more years of work experience"

Do not know what to think of this as I have set my heart on INSEAD and want to do it this year.

Do you guys think this will reduce my chances of getting in this year? don't know what the admissions will think of this? any ideas?

Hi!

Can you evaluate my chances?

My Profile:

GMAT 700. AWA: 4.5
GPA: 3.8/4
NIT Surathkal
2 years (current) in Samsung's R&D; center, Bangalore.
Details:
- Evolved an idea from scratch to reality by co-ordinating with multiple teams in india and south korea.
- Initiated a process to develop my team's ability to innovate, and the 6 months from the start of the program have produced 4 patents with 2 pending verification.
- Light mentoring of a new recruit leading to her induction into the team.
- 8 months in South Korea

Extras:
- I ve written articles that got published in major web sites
- Lots of organizing activities while in college. Lead teams etc.
- Graphic design. Output: about 30 posters, 5 brochures, 7 newspaper ads etc.

And i am fairly clear about my goals. why mba etc etc.

Regards,
Arun S Devarajan