INSEAD Sept 2008 batch

Hi all, I am starting a new thread on lines of INSEAD Jan 2008 batch, for the Sept 2008 intake. Although anybody & everybody is welcome to post here, i will explicitly request the aspirants for 2008 sept INSEAD intake to post, share your p…

Hi all,

I am starting a new thread on lines of INSEAD Jan 2008 batch, for the Sept 2008 intake.
Although anybody & everybody is welcome to post here, i will explicitly request the aspirants for 2008 sept INSEAD intake to post, share your profiles, & discuss how you are going about the essays, your convictions, you fears & your anticipations ... :neutral:

Starting with my profile:
A woman & fiercely career oriented.
Comp Sc from PEC, good acads, good extra cirrics. will be 4 yrs into my work when i will join a bschool... good international exposure, with multiple but short stints everytime to 3 different locations on the globe
GMAT 710, leadership role in org (leading a project with 2 people & mentoring them also) & workign as tech developer with a financial firm so am pretty much into the finance domain as well..
short term goal - program mgmt & long term Consulting....

But yes, I am struggling with the dilemma of whether applying to INSEAD is a good decision for me or not which is another reson i started the thread. Will welcome any opinion on my chances :)

Guys, pool in your thoughts, questions, opinions etc.

Regards.

I am also an aspirant for INSEAD SEPT 2008. Profile: M/37. Work ex 13 yrs. Am just starting the application process. Please do keep updated on the developments.

what are the chances for 670 score with good 4 years IT experience. no abroad trip but leading team of 6-7 people for over than a year now.

Morbidkk,

Altough good GMAT is a plus, you can offset it with your good academic record. INSEAD does give a lot of weightage to International exposure, but you have a good plus in leading 6-7 people for over an year... so go full throttle with the essays & stress on your personal charaterictics that make you tick as a team lead. they can be.. your crisis handling abilities, your probelm solving capability, or your proactive approach towards potential problems in the project etc & try to give examples for each... If you have time to prep, why not try retaking GMAT writing your essays along side!

In my case too, international exposure is not exorbitant, just 4-5 short trips over a period of 2 years... don't know how much of an international exposure will that be considered, but i guess i can make up for it by mentioing what i learnt & how it changed my outlook towards the cultures of the geographies I have been to.... just a matter of putting it in essays i think...

spsingh70: please share more insights on how you are going about the essays, you are the most experienced on the thread so far, so we migth get some good tips from you

Hey another novie,

me tooo planning for insead sep 2008,

well i am ye to begin work on my essays but well we have got 30 days...

about me...
Target : insead 2008- i want to study strategy. i prefer 1 year course-fast paced( do u know of anyother??)

gmat :680,( m 44,v,3

5 years in dec07 -korean Mnc- my self a product manager for a area( mumbai)- my job more of sales & channel mangement.- h2-06 number 1 manager india- worked in regions-(ALL IN INDIA- no internation experience)

acads- Be mech- Pune university- bad acads- i mean bad( not using worst) final gpa 3.

Extracurriculum_ hmm decent, avid debator, good knowledge of the world affairs, indian politics.done partime copywriting, enjoy writing

but well i am a dreamer............

so hoping that my decent workex will help me to land atleast an interview.
based out of mumbai.

what about u Novice???

I am definitely having an lot of work experience but as regards MBA application process I am a real novice. For the last 10- 12 years the only writing I have done is office notes and memos. So help me all.

Hi All,
anothernovice, thats a good initiative... I am applying to US B Schools for the Fall 08 intake. But i want to put in a couple of applications to European B Schools as well. What are your views on the prospect of a 1 yr MBA in Europe as opposed to a 2 yr MBA in the US?
Btw My profile :
24, Indian, Male, IT
current work Ex 2 yr, 3 yrs by time courses start.currently team lead. received a couple of awards. no onsite travel, but consistent interaction with US client.
GMAT 650, Q48, V32 :(
TOEFL 110
average acads ( 67% BE Electronics from Mumbai)
strong extracurricular
consistent leadership roles from college to work, including extracurriculars.
I am currently shortlisting my US schools( have overshot my deadline for that by a week already) and hope to start with my essays immediately after this.
Regards

Hi Everyone,
I am also a prospective applicant for INSEAD SEP 2008 batch. My profile is as below :

GMAT Score : 700 (Q48,V38 )
Exp : 4.2 yrs in a indian IT company(5+ yrs by Sep 2008 ) , 3+ yrs international experience , 1 yr in europe and 2 yrs in US
Background : BE from VTU bangalore , agg 85.4%

I was thinking of starting the application process , and would really like to share information regarding the process with others. I am currently in the US , so if anyone in the US is applting for SEP 2008 , lets work together on this .

Also, all the hopefuls here , can you plzz tell me , if i have any chance in hell to get into INSEAD or should i look towards other schools in the US . Currently have 2-3 more schools in my list ( just started gathering my list , gave GMAT on AUG 20 )

MBABUSTER

My too an INSEAD aspirant.. currently working on my apps for MBS.. will get down to INSEAD n ISB after that..
My profile:

GMAT:750
Workex- 3 years by the time i join 2008 fall (Consultancy)
Decent Acads, Decent extra curricular..

only thing im worried about is that for a place like INSEAD i think i have lil workex and also ZERO international exposure.. that is a deterrent..

Im applying for sep 2008 round. yet to start work on the app. concentrating on some others.

profile - female/indian/710/6 yrs work ex

ATB!!

I am an aspirant for the Sept 2008 Batch. Still on with my research on B-schools. Noticed that whereas most schools mention a date by which selected candidates must respond, along with a initial payment (which for INSEAD is 10% of the fees), INSEAD does not specify the date.

I want to know how many days does one get after the selection notification to confirm his admission (with the payment)?
Would be most useful if i get to know the R1 deadline for Sept
Batch.. However any info is welcome.

I am an aspirant for the Sept 2008 Batch. Still on with my research on B-schools. Noticed that whereas most schools mention a date by which selected candidates must respond, along with a initial payment (which for INSEAD is 10% of the fees), INSEAD does not specify the date.

I want to know how many days does one get after the selection notification to confirm his admission (with the payment)?
Would be most useful if i get to know the R1 deadline for Sept
Batch.. However any info is welcome.

Insead R1 deadline is oct 3. The school will specify the deadline by which you need to pay the deposit when they communicate your admission decision - that is what i understand.

Since you are currently doing your research, my 2 cents worth advice is that you should go thru the school in detail and understand if its the best fit for you and vice versa. hope this helps.

ATB!!
Query to everyone: I downloaded the form to obtain the links for recommendation and go thru the essays. I notice that it is only provides a online link for submission to the recommender. I wanted to chk if there is no paper based recommendation here.
thnx

Hi guys, this is Avinash. I recently got interested in pursuing another MBA. 1 yr is all that I think I can spare at this stage. Have nearly 15 yrs experience in Banking and Financial sevices industry - yearning to learn more and get international learning experience - is Insead the best school for such an ambition? Is it too late now to aim for Jan 08 / Sep 08 batch?? (Am eager to get on to it the earliest cos life seems to be slipping by!)

Am decently qualified got a Mech Engg degree from IIT and an MBA from IIMA, but that was 15 yrs back. Am 38 now and surely can spare 1 yr to learn.

Any advice, suggestions would be really welcome.

Avi

Hi All
i am Deep ..
Another person trying my luck at Insead ...
Just started My application ..
regarding my profile ...
I will be having 5 years if Ex by the time i Join.
I have a BE from Mysore university and a Masters from IIT Delhi ..
got a Gmat score of 690 ...

Deep S

hey guys,

m not sure insead is right thing for me. currently working as analyst in offshore Invstment banking unit. have little more than 2 yrs as of now. will be 3 by the time I join. NO INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE.

Gmat 710 (Q 50, V 36 )

decent acads and good extra currics. m not sure if insead will look into my profile

please advice.

Jaimin

Hi Guys, I am Vikram, IT development lead, 4 years work ex, GMAT 720, am planning to apply to INSEAD for September 2008 intake. Does anyone know of essay editing services? Seen quite a few on net but the market is severely duplicated and commoditized to differentiate right people. Please help !!!

Calling all IT folks applying to INSEAD.

My job title is Senior Consultant though my role is project manager. I fulfil most of the duties of a project manager. insead asks for job title only.

what do i do?

Hi Folks,

I am also an INSEAD aspirant... applying for the Sep 2008 intake... will start focusing on my insead app next week or a little later.

My profile: 30/M/Indian/760 (6.0)/9 yrs of work-ex by sep 2008/5.5 yrs international/leadership and management roles for over 5 yrs... /B.Tech from GNDU Amritsar/Acads - OK or not depends on how u look at them :)

currently in boston, usa.