INSEAD Jan 2013 Applicants

Hi All, I thought I’d get a new thread started for those who want to discuss the INSEAD application process and hope to apply for the Jan 2013 intake. I’ve been accepted for the Sept 2012. From my experience, I have written a FREE appli…

Hi All,

I thought I'd get a new thread started for those who want to discuss the INSEAD application process and hope to apply for the Jan 2013 intake.

I've been accepted for the Sept 2012. From my experience, I have written a FREE application guide. You can download it here: http://gettingintoinsead.yolasite.com/free-ebook.php

I hope it helps.

Hi Insead13J,

I like to apply for Insead but I do not have international exposure. I work in a PSU (oil & gas) which does not have overseas operation. Kindly advice the chances of admit without international experience.

regards

Hi joinashish,

International exposure is important to INSEAD, but you can get it without having worked in another country. Any travelling you have done will count as well as working with people from different nationalities in your current position.

Good luck

Hi INSEAD13J,

To apply for INSEAD, a700+ GMAT Score is must? I have 1.5 years International job exp and i have 7 years experience. I am working for NGO's on weekend since 2008. But i have GMAT score of 660. any comments???

Hi INSEAD13J,

To apply for INSEAD, a700+ GMAT Score is must? I have 1.5 years International job exp and i have 7 years experience. I am working for NGO's on weekend since 2008. But i have GMAT score of 660. any comments???

Hi sanjayiiit,

I answer this question in my ebook, "How to get into INSEAD" in more detail, but briefly, It depends on your overall application. Remember INSEAD's average GMAT score is about 704... that means that some applicants score in the high 700's and others in the low 600's. If the rest of your application is excellent, you'll still be in with a shot with a GMAT of 660.

Your other option is to re-write. Obviously a score of 700+ will only strengthen your application.

For a more in-depth answer and other common application questions, check out www.gettingintoinsead.yolasite.com.

Good Luck

Hello INSEAD13J,
I have done my graduation and PG from distance university does it matter when applying??

I am yet to give GMAT but looking forwards to learn from this topic.

INSEAD has dual language criteria which languages are preferred?
Additional what is average weight given to co-curricular?

Hello INSEAD13J,
I have done my graduation and PG from distance university does it matter when applying??

Hi,

I shouldn't think it matters that you studied at a distance university. You might need to elaborate on your studies in your INSEAD essays.

For more info on getting into INSEAD. Feel free to check out my book at gettingintoinsead.yolasite.com
I am yet to give GMAT but looking forwards to learn from this topic.

INSEAD has dual language criteria which languages are preferred?
Additional what is average weight given to co-curricular?

Hi ps25,

I don't think any particular languages are preffered - obviously if English is not your native language, you'll need to show proficiency in it.

Not sure about the weight given to co-curricular.
Hi ps25,

I don't think any particular languages are preffered - obviously if English is not your native language, you'll need to show proficiency in it.

Not sure about the weight given to co-curricular.

Hi INSEAD13J,

Proficiency is tested based on TOEFL for English, and for another language do they have their own tests.

My GMAT score is 710 and i have a total work experience of about 3 years and 8 months working in Oil and Gas corporation. My international exposure is the sum total of my interactions with international vendors and an international contractor who worked with me in a construction and commissioning project.

I do not have any extra curricular activities to bolster my profile.

So my questions are:

a.) Is my work experience enough to get a call from INSEAD?

b.) Is my lack of extra curricular activities going to be a problem to receive a call?

P.S: I have already started working on my INSEAD application.

Hi,

I have scored 710 in my GMAT and i have a work experience of 3 yrs and 8 months in Oil & Gas Corporation. My international exposure is the sum total of the conversations i have held with international vendors over the phone/through mail as well as in handling my international contractor for approximately 2 years. I DO NOT have any great extra curricular activities to bolster my profile.

Based on this, could you please answer the following questions:

a.) Is my work experience enough to warrant a call from INSEAD?
b.) Is the lack of extra curricular activities greatly affect the strength of my application?
c.) Is the international exposure i have stated above enough to get a call?

P.S: I have already started to work on my INSEAD application.

Thank you for your reply in advance 😃

Hi Guys,

I submitted my application for round 1 just around the deadline. When do candidates generally know whether they will be called for interviews? I heard that it usually takes time for Indians, is this true?

Wait till 18th May could be tricky!

Hi guys!
Has anyone heard from AdCom yet? A couple of people in North America got their invites this morning / last night...

Still waiting for those guys to come back! Its been a long wait

Hi Insead13J,

I am 27 years old working in the Indian Film Industry. I have worked in Finance for 2.5 years before taking the plunge into films with companies like JP Morgan and UBS- Last corporate job was in London in 2007. In the film inds.. I have assisted on 2 feature films - working as Asst director to a major Director (SRK film) and have worked on TV commercials, Reality shows etc as Asst director and directed corporate films, short films etc.. also went to a film school - where I got merit scholarship and great grades.

I am giving Gmat in June and my diagonistic tests indicate my score in late 600s.. wanted to know how Insead would look at my profile. Would it be an advantage as a diverse profile or a lack of leadership role work against me? How many people in Insead are from artistic/performing arts background ? I want to get into the business side of cinema thus the MBA.. cheers mate.

You have a cool profile. Go after whatever college you like mate.

Be confident and write good essays you are in

meanwhile has anyone got for Jan2013 got interview invite?

happy to have a mock interview with someone aspiring for insead let me know if anyone of you is interested.

My profile - GMAT - 720/51/36/5
3 year experience in IT as Project Manager
strong extra curricular with 6 yr association with NGO, sports etc

hi insead 13j,
i havent appeared for gmat until now. but i wish to get admiited to insead. i am an undergraduate pursuing computer science from a well known university .plus am a sophomore rite now so u can expect that my resume is not very strong except a few technical projects and a handful of extracurricular activities.
plz tell me what i need to look for (apart from cgpa and gmat score ).
reply me on [email protected]
thanx in advance.