INSEAD Jan 2011 Round 3 or Sept 2011 Round 1

Hi All, I’m in a dilemma on whether to apply in R3 for Jan 2011 or R1 Sep 2011. INSEAD is my top choice and I’m a little nervous about applying in round 3. However, I’d like to get started early and therefore R3 is my preference. Here’s where…

Hi All,

I'm in a dilemma on whether to apply in R3 for Jan 2011 or R1 Sep 2011. INSEAD is my top choice and I'm a little nervous about applying in round 3. However, I'd like to get started early and therefore R3 is my preference. Here's where I stand

GMAT Completed - 760 . 99%ile Q50, V44
Decent acad - Engineering with distinction
6.5 yrs of work ex.. 5 yrs in the US. I work as a product manager for one of the big 4 accouting firms in the US.
Have decent extra curriculars.

I have completed my essays 1st draft. Getting them reviewed by friends. Do you think I shoud go for R3 or just play it safe and apply in R1.

Would love to hear from you. Thanks

Cheers,

Nix

You can go for R3 too. especially if your age is around 27-29. They would love to pick you up to bring down the average age and hike up the avg GMAT score. Just my two cents.

Thanks ... but my fear is that they have diversity pools and if they have taken in too many Indians in the first two rounds I may get dinged.. I hear they don't prefer re-applicants

nix4isb Says
Thanks ... but my fear is that they have diversity pools and if they have taken in too many Indians in the first two rounds I may get dinged.. I hear they don't prefer re-applicants

Not sure about the re-applicant part but if you are sure about that than dont go for R3.

I am sure they will have a some place left for Asians in the R3 and I recommended it (apart from other reasons like age+GMAT) because you dont fit the typical IT/Tech service profile but have a product management background and thus have a good chance of being picked up even in R3. You always have better chances in R1 though and if you can wait for 6 more months nothing like that.

Please evaluate my profile. Planning to apply for fall 2011

Indian IT Male 4 years workex in Financial IT
Btech Electrical IIT Madras
GMAT 760 (QA 49 VA 42)
CFA level 1 candidate
Planning to move to Finance.

Please suggest my chances in these bschools