INSEAD Jan 2010 Application help..

Hello All,

Hello All,

Let us just add more steam to this thread

I am looking at round 2 for jan 2010 still busy with the application essays
must say it is all a mess right now , I contemplating for some counselling though i dont know who should i approach for it.
my profile 710gmat merchant navy officer 8-9 years exp.

cheers

i just sent my app thru... waiting for a reply...

I sent mu application on 5th March and transcripts reached Insead on 11th..since than I have received and Application Completion email but nothing more

Anyone overhere with the interview emai??some guys on BW forum have started receiving interview emails since last teo days...

hi all,

i am aiming for 27th may deadline for the jan 2010 admission. Do you have any idea on the schols front. Without that it will not be possible for me to attend the school. Is there any schols forum that i can search before i contemplate applying to INSEAD.

thanks
Ritz

why is this thread so dead???
are there not many applicants for Jan 2010 intake for insead?
on an additional note, is it like while most intl candidates are gng for MBA in these distressed times, indian applicants are wary of investing such a huge sum presently?

Also, I am an engg with all the semesters marksheets with me. my grades for the 7th and 8th sem are good but rest all marks are horrible.
My university takes 10% from 1st year, 25% from 2nd year, 50 from 3rd year and 100% from final year. So accordingly, my 8th sem marksheet has the total marks as per the calculations done. can I just send the 8th sem marksheet and the degree as my transcripts or do i need to send all the sem marksheets (i dont want to do that actually.)
Another things is, I can not arrange for the transcripts. so what exactly is CERTIFIED copy?
third question is, in addition to submitting the form online, I just need to send these transcripts as the hard copy, right? nothing else?
thanks in advance,

Rituraj

1) It will be appropriate to send all copies. That way you are not withholding any info from admissions. You don't want INSEAD to withdraw an offer because they felt that all info was not disclosed up front.
2) Certified - Attested copy
3) I only sent my info by hard copy.

Thanks Scorpio,

so can i get any gazzeted officer to have the photocopies attested?
can i get it done from a notary (kinda advocate)
or do i need to get it done from a professor only?

also, i could not understand the answer for the third question
(I only sent my info by hard copy.) can you please clarify...

thanks
Ritz

I would think gazetted officer should be fine. Pls check with other applicants based in India. Or you can check with INSEAD admission committee.

What I meant by the hard copy is that I mailed my marklists to INSEAD after getting it notarized.

Hey Guys,

Anyone got anything from INSEAD be it reject/Interview mail ... I am really getting Nervous now ... with deadline approaching and nothing from Insead as of now

hi all!
i have 5 years of work ex as a counselor and scored 660 in GMAT. Should i apply in INSEAD(singapore)?

Yeah sure ... you should ...

anandagarwal Says
Yeah sure ... you should ...

INSEAD does not have a minimum required GMAT score. Rather than focusing on your overall score, we assess your individual results in the quantitative and verbal sections of the exam, and we look for you to demonstrate your strengths in both. In order to be competitive, you should aim to achieve a score at or above the 70 - 75 percentiles in both. Please keep in mind, however, that the GMAT is just one of several admission criteria. A high score does not guarantee admission, and a below average score does not eliminate a candidate.
hi!
i hv pasted in wht i hv seen in INSEAD website. although i scored 660 in GMAT, my section scores are highly uneven: verbal-95 pc and quant-56 pc. This throws me into great uncertainty. wht u suggest, should i still apply in?
INSEAD does not have a minimum required GMAT score. Rather than focusing on your overall score, we assess your individual results in the quantitative and verbal sections of the exam, and we look for you to demonstrate your strengths in both. In order to be competitive, you should aim to achieve a score at or above the 70 - 75 percentiles in both. Please keep in mind, however, that the GMAT is just one of several admission criteria. A high score does not guarantee admission, and a below average score does not eliminate a candidate.
hi!
i hv pasted in wht i hv seen in INSEAD website. although i scored 660 in GMAT, my section scores are highly uneven: verbal-95 pc and quant-56 pc. This throws me into great uncertainty. wht u suggest, should i still apply in?

I agree to what you say above that your score is kind of un-even. And if you feel about it .. quant is not that tough to improve with practice you can improve for sure. Verbal is something where a lot of Indians face problem. In your case Verbal seems to be your Forte.

Crux of the whole thing. You have time improve your GMAT and apply in second round.

Has anyone received a reply from INSEAD ? I had applied in the 1st rd and was suppose to get a reply by April 30th. Im gettting get very nervous now :(Profile: IT / Marketing, GMAT 710, 6 yrs workex, 6 months international workex, more than decent extra curriculars.

Has anybody received any information on the interview status till now for Jan 2010? Less than two days to go...i am very scared.

Even I haven't received a mail about the interview decision yet 😞 Im so nervous n the anxiety is killing me. To make matters worse, I got a Reject mail from HEC yesterday 😞

BTW, I had an interview with IE Spain a couple of days back and I'm waiting for the decision. Any inputs on IE Spain?

@TheLionKing - Whats your profile like?

deleted messg