INSEAD after 5 years in IT industry

Guys, I have been targetting INSEAD, for my MBA. I have around 5+ years of experience in IT industry. Bangalore 3 years and 2+ years in Seoul, Korea. I would like to continue in the IT industry as a Business Analyst. (I had posted earli…

Guys,

I have been targetting INSEAD, for my MBA. I have around 5+ years of experience in IT industry. Bangalore 3 years and 2+ years in Seoul, Korea.

I would like to continue in the IT industry as a Business Analyst. (I had posted earlier a query regarding, Career after MBA in IT industry) Can anybody suggest, I can do One year Full time MBA from INSEAD and continue/take up job as Business Analyst?

thanks for your suggessions.

regards,
Nikhil

kulksnikhil Says
Guys, I have been targetting INSEAD, for my MBA. I have around 5+ years of experience in IT industry. Bangalore 3 years and 2+ years in Seoul, Korea. I would like to continue in the IT industry as a Business Analyst. (I had posted earlier a query regarding, Career after MBA in IT industry) Can anybody suggest, I can do One year Full time MBA from INSEAD and continue/take up job as Business Analyst? thanks for your suggessions. regards, Nikhil

Yes, you can.
baccardisprite Says
Yes, you can.

Brevity, thy name is baccardisprite
Dear baccardisprite,

Thanks for the response, but I was wondering.... if there are any special cources that INSEAD provides during its FULL time MBA program, which would help me from Technology perspective?

Also, are you by any chance an INSEAD student/alumni of INSEAD?

thanks and regards,
Nikhil
Dear baccardisprite, Thanks for the response, but I was wondering.... if there are any special cources that INSEAD provides during its FULL time MBA program, which would help me from Technology perspective?
Also, are you by any chance an INSEAD student/alumni of INSEAD?
thanks and regards, Nikhil

If/when you get into INSEAD:

1) Take technology/project management + entrepreneurial finance related electives
2) Seek mentors in and career coaching geared towards high-tech fields,
3) Join the consulting and technology clubs if these exist and even if disorganized
4) Scan the websites of companies like Microsoft, SAP, Google, Accenture, AT Kearney, IBM Consulting, Deloitte Consulting, Cap Gemini etc.... and familiarize yourself with their recruiting processes. All of these companies have huge operations in Europe & Asia

Dear baccardispirit,

thanks for your response.... that is very useful !!

regards,
Nikhil

Also, does not harm to go through www.vault.com and www.wetfeet.com for knowing more about the industry/companies.

Arun

hi nikhil,

I am also into software industry with 2 yrs of exp as of now and like u i m interested in the position of business analyst. but my experience is on lower side....hope to gain more insight into this from u...i m also searching for colleges for the same...