INSEAD 2nd round Sep 2010 intake or 1st round Jan 2011 intake?

Hi all, My profile: B.Tech from IIT Madras 4 years of work ex by Aug 2010 in IT in a financial firm GMAT: 760 Acads: Very average, 7.47 CGPA Foreign exp: 6 months in the US, 1 week in London I missed the first round for the Sep…

Hi all,

My profile:
B.Tech from IIT Madras
4 years of work ex by Aug 2010 in IT in a financial firm
GMAT: 760
Acads: Very average, 7.47 CGPA
Foreign exp: 6 months in the US, 1 week in London

I missed the first round for the September 2010 intake and am preparing my application for the second round now.

But since I'm trying to change my field, I'm beginning to think that the 2 month internship of the Jan 2011 intake will be useful for me. But since it's at a very odd timing, if I get bumped, I'll have to wait and apply for the Sep 2011 batches in the other B-schools, whereas now I still have a chance for the Sep 2010 batches if I apply alongside INSEAD.

I really don't want to wait too much and would like to do an MBA at the earliest. Are there any other benefits for waiting for the Jan intake? Better chances etc?

Thanks,
Guybrush.

I read on one of the blogs that you can do a 2 month internship at the end of the program (Aug,sep 2011) if you want to go for I-banking and you join in sept. I think the downside is that you will have to be on an intern salary for those 2 months as opposed to a professional salary and forego the regular placement season which means maybe foregoing consulting offers from the Big3. This is just my analysis and I do not claim to be the smartest guy around. good luck.

Hi all,

My profile:
B.Tech from IIT Madras
4 years of work ex by Aug 2010 in IT in a financial firm
GMAT: 760
Acads: Very average, 7.47 CGPA
Foreign exp: 6 months in the US, 1 week in London

I missed the first round for the September 2010 intake and am preparing my application for the second round now.

But since I'm trying to change my field, I'm beginning to think that the 2 month internship of the Jan 2011 intake will be useful for me. But since it's at a very odd timing, if I get bumped, I'll have to wait and apply for the Sep 2011 batches in the other B-schools, whereas now I still have a chance for the Sep 2010 batches if I apply alongside INSEAD.

I really don't want to wait too much and would like to do an MBA at the earliest. Are there any other benefits for waiting for the Jan intake? Better chances etc?

Thanks,
Guybrush.

I suppose you would do the internship only if you really want to get into that particular company. It wouldn't really help with the campus placement, so I'm not too sure what the benefit of doing the internship after the course is.

But as you mentioned, I think you're right about internship being required mainly if you're considering a job in finance. But I'm mainly looking into getting into consulting, so there's not that much of a benefit for me.

I really would like to try to get in for 2010, so I guess I'll go ahead with the second round for the Sep 2010 intake. This will allow me to apply to the other b-schools as well.

Thanks for your help!

I read on one of the blogs that you can do a 2 month internship at the end of the program (Aug,sep 2011) if you want to go for I-banking and you join in sept. I think the downside is that you will have to be on an intern salary for those 2 months as opposed to a professional salary and forego the regular placement season which means maybe foregoing consulting offers from the Big3. This is just my analysis and I do not claim to be the smartest guy around. good luck.

Hi Guys,
Plan on applying for sept 2010 or Jan 2001 intake. Does anyone know if INSEAD requires original or attested mark sheets. Can I get the marksheets attested by a notary?

Also whats the deal with the digital signature in the app form?

Cheers !!!
Rajesh

You need to submit attested mark sheets. I don't know about a notary, but I'm pretty sure you can get them attested from your college itself. It's standard practice, similar to when you apply for an MS.

Hi,

Anyone got interview call from INSEAD for Sep 2010 (R1) batch?

Rgds,
s.

am waiting for some response too...had applied in R1. Can we get any info on application status form the insead portal? i didnt find anything - but just asking.

Hi,
I intend to apply to INSEAD for Sept 2010 intake.

My profile:
Work ex by Aug 2010 - 4 yrs (2 yrs home country + 2 yrs expatriation) in container shipping industry
GMAT score - 640 (very low)
Academics - 90% + all through
Extra Curriculars - Good (National Level Sports person)

I am concerned about my low GMAT score. Any advice if should retake my GMAT. If not, to what extent will the score affect my application.

Cheers,

Hi,

Anyone got interview call from INSEAD for Sep 2010 (R1) batch?

Rgds,
s.

Yes, I got an email today. I am shortlisted. They will mail interview details later.
All the best to all who are waiting for their calls.

isjii2011 can you share your profile pls? i've heard that a large percentage of invites go out in the last 2 days....so fingers crossed!

kishnik Says
isjii2011 can you share your profile pls? i've heard that a large percentage of invites go out in the last 2 days....so fingers crossed!

GMAT 680
Indian Female
3.5 years work ex in Finance
Deadline is tomorrow for results so should be out by tomorrow I guess.

thanks - and all the best for your interview! go crack it!!!!
btw, this thread is sparsely populated. Wot about other INSEAD hopefuls?

thanks - and all the best for your interview! go crack it!!!!
btw, this thread is sparsely populated. Wot about other INSEAD hopefuls?

Thanks Kishnik 😃
Hi Friends..

I am a Management Consultant based in Chennai.. I am planning to apply to Insead Jan'11 entry..

Anyone there give me company..??

Hi guys...

Am part of the INSEAD race.......
Had applied for Sep 2010....managed to get an interview call.

Have finished with the interviews....The intvs went well ......

guys who have got interview calls for Sept 2010....pls update .....

Hi,

I have a few queries regarding INSEAD application.

1) Do I have to send the official transcripts/original GMAT scoresheet by snail mail/post? Is there anyway I can attach the scanned copy in the application?
2)I have received education in English and have the same written in my transcripts. I have not taken TOEFL. Do i need to attach any waive off letter?
3)The application says "Mail your additional documents to:...." What documents are the asking for?

Cheers,

Hi,

I have a few queries regarding INSEAD application.

1) Do I have to send the official transcripts/original GMAT scoresheet by snail mail/post? Is there anyway I can attach the scanned copy in the application?
2)I have received education in English and have the same written in my transcripts. I have not taken TOEFL. Do i need to attach any waive off letter?
3)The application says "Mail your additional documents to:...." What documents are the asking for?

Cheers,

Hi IDA007,

You can send attested copies of your marksheets. They have to be attested by a gadgeted officer , like, Govt Medical officer. You can send it by post.
No need to attach any waive off letter . Since you have had education in English and your transcripts say so.
Documents - academic transcripts, a copy of Gmat score report. I remember sending these two only.

Cheers
Shine

Hi,

I am very confused with the INSEAD application form.
I have the recommendation links with me, but they are password protected.
Can anyone explain how it works before I send it to my recommenders?

Thanks,
Ipsita.

Hi,

I am very confused with the INSEAD application form.
I have the recommendation links with me, but they are password protected.
Can anyone explain how it works before I send it to my recommenders?

Thanks,
Ipsita.

Hi ..

The recommendation links have to be sent to your recommenders. They would set a password and fill the reco and submit the same.

You need to inform them in advance regarding filling the recos through the links.

cheers
Shine