Information on KJ Somaiya

hi all in this forum. i need an honest assessment @ kj somaiya in terms of : 1. infrastucture 2. quality of teaching 3. quality of students 4. placement. 5. its ranking ( grade wise + postion in overall ranking in no) 6. is it wo…

hi all in this forum. i need an honest assessment @ kj somaiya in terms of :
1. infrastucture
2. quality of teaching
3. quality of students
4. placement.
5. its ranking ( grade wise + postion in overall ranking in no)
6. is it worth spending 4/5 L for this???
7. does 1.5 L fees at any coll include the text/reference books for the student?? or that has separate expenses?
im getting a lot of -ve f/b @ this coll. i did attend the gd pi in blore and it was very unprofessionally conducted. so having lot @ doubts. no hearsay replies pls..just true ans. bombay guys + gals write in as u all have a better idea being in same city..help me out!!

Edite by chandoo to change the title

the fee is 1 lakh p.a. and not 1.5 p.a.
if the way gds are conducted is a way of assessing then you should have second thoughts about NMIMS as well (20 in a gd) , tapmi (16 or 14 in a gd ), mdi etc

Hey

am from Bombay...KJ is an so-so college u can say-the SOMAIYA trust is a good nd powerful trust in mumbai...it comes in the top 5-6 colleges in bombay(counting SP/IIT-bombay/JBIMS nd NM) i
its infrastructure is okies...but i thik becoz of its name/reputation placements r decent enuf-not so gr8..but decent...if u hv better calls -take them-dont judge a college by its location-i.e. Mumbai..u just might b dissapointed~

cheers

to mihir,
tx for the info.actually i was misinformed @ this coll ( got professional advice - that its A grade)..hence applied.now in the dock ..and i dont have better options..if , as u say that mba from kj is just a degree on paper and educational quality wise its not worth then joining..gosh..is that it?????

to shinde,
its not no of stud but manner of conduct..the lady ( prof of the coll) didnt know much..the presentation too was bad..if ur a cat expert whats ur opinion @ this coll??????

Hey mate

i hv got a gd/pi call-nd i dont hv anything better;so if i get a call i will join it-its not A+ GRADE..but i think between A nd B+ grade..decent enuf..so choice is yrs mate...u need any clarifications..most welcome

cheers

hi mihir
tx for replying. whats ur profile??? im a s/w engr. quit my job and took a yr off for cat. but got only 90 %tile. so getting cold feet @ this coll.. it wud be really nice if u cud shed light on kj som as per the various parameters (written in 1st message). all the best to u!!!

hi mihir
tx for replying. whats ur profile??? im a s/w engr. quit my job and took a yr off for cat. but got only 90 %tile. so getting cold feet @ this coll.. it wud be really nice if u cud shed light on kj som as per the various parameters (written in 1st message). all the best.cheers!!!

Hey mate

got my KJ gd/pi today..will mail u later..its a good-enuf college...mail u later..ciao
m a B.E. took yr off to prepare for CAT nd screwed with 93 percentile,
cheers.,