Info on Energy Management Programs

Hello, I am interested in doing a Post Grad program in Energy Management. In my search, I have come across a program at MDI on Energy Management. Are there any other good B-Schools which offers an Energy Management program ? Also, I am u…

Hello,

I am interested in doing a Post Grad program in Energy Management. In my search, I have come across a program at MDI on Energy Management.
Are there any other good B-Schools which offers an Energy Management program ?
Also, I am uncertain of the pay-scale after passing out of such a not-so-popular program. Please do provide any info on placement details !!

Cheers

Great Lakes IEMR ( Institute of Energy Management and Research )
Great Lakes Institute of Management, Top business School in Gurgaon, Top B Schools in India

I am currently a student here. The college offers 3 courses - PGPM ( Energy Management ) , PGWPM ( Energy ) Weekend Program & PGWPM Weekend Program ( same as the one run in Chennai Campus )

The course structure and the faculty is world class. This happens to be our 1st placement season and the average package till now is been 9.1 Lacs.

In the first year of PGPM (EM), students have to study everything regarding the energy sector
- Oil & Gas, Power, Renewables, Sustainable Growth & Energy Efficiency in terms of the industrial structure, market scenario, policies, regulations etc.
The second year is for specializations in these fields ( Oil & Gas, Power, Renewables, Sustainable Growth & Energy Efficiency ) as well as in the field of those regular electives - Marketing, Operations, Finance.

The course is one of its kind and we as students even get opportunity by corporates to work in live projects apart form the internships.

Currently 4 students from the PGPM 2013 batch have been selected by Sterlite ( Vedanta ) to work with them on SmartGrids.

Apart from that 3 students are working in consultancy firms as part time.

9 students would be working on a renewable project given by a MNC ( name to be kept under wraps ) from next month.

In the first year of PGPM (EM), students have to study everything regarding the energy sector
- Oil & Gas, Power, Renewables, Sustainable Growth & Energy Efficiency in terms of the industrial structure, market scenario, policies, regulations etc.
The second year is for specializations in these fields ( Oil & Gas, Power, Renewables, Sustainable Growth & Energy Efficiency ) as well as in the field of those regular electives - Marketing, Operations, Finance.

The course is one of its kind and we as students even get opportunity by corporates to work in live projects apart form the internships.

Currently 4 students from the PGPM 2013 batch have been selected by Sterlite ( Vedanta ) to work with them on SmartGrids.

Apart from that 3 students are working in consultancy firms as part time.

9 students would be working on a renewable project given by a MNC ( name to be kept under wraps ) from next month.

Oil and gas, power, renewables, sustainable growth, and energy efficiency are all covered in depth in the first year of the PGPM (EM) programme.
In the second year, students may choose to focus on Oil & Gas, Power, Renewables, Sustainable Growth & Energy Efficiency, or Energy Efficiency, in addition to the more general electives of Marketing, Operations, and Finance.

This is the only programme of its kind, and in addition to internships, we students are given real-world project opportunities from major corporations.

At the present time, Sterlite (Vedanta) has hired four PGPM 2013 graduates to work on their SmartGrids projects.

In addition, three students are employed part-time by consulting businesses.

Starting next month, a multinational corporation (name withheld) will assign nine students to work on a sustainable energy initiative.

Automation of processes is something you should give some thought

Automation of processes is something you should give some thought to if you’re looking to maximize output of energy. In addition, if you’re interested in learning more about wind energy software for your company, check out https://fluix.io/industry-renewable-energy.