inf. on tapmi

guys after the cat everybody must b wondering about the probable cut offs and wich inst. 2 apply (for those who haven’t applied earlier) . neways one of friends is in tapmi right now and this what he has 2 say: About TAPMI…cut off prior to…

guys after the cat everybody must b wondering about the probable cut offs and wich inst. 2 apply (for those who haven't applied earlier) .
neways one of friends is in tapmi right now and this what he has 2 say:
About TAPMI....cut off prior to our batch used to be 84% but in our batch we have two people with percentile as low as 75% even mine was 82.3. So don't worry about that. TAPMI has very rigour selection process and you should be extraordinary to clear all seven rounds here and it hardly depends on your CAT score. You should be good with your academics.
1. Selection process involves 7 rounds, each may not be eliminating:
Group Discussion / Case study
Summry of GD along with your view points
Psychometry test
Extempore
Panel interview with three faculty
One page writeup - Why do I want to join TAPMI.
Director interview - where they have all the above documents along with your appln. form to screw on.
2. The infrastucture here is not better than our engg. college.
3. Resturctured PGP (post graduate program) left a little space for you to even breathe easily, forget about the holidays.
4. Faculty and diro are cynical about rules and regulation. Two students from our batch were thrown out of the college last week because they used cell phone in the classroom. No arguments. 6 students from our batch have already been thrown out in last 5 months from our batch alone. Ofcourse mistakes were on their (students) part only.
5. TAPMI is known for experimentations and you may sometimes feel like white rats.
6. TAPMI provides 100% placement but the average or highest salaries are much lower.
7. TAPMI is third most expensive (fees) college in the country but do not spends proportionately on students.
8. Mess food here is the best in the city but still we find it difficult to swollow.
9. Manipal as a city is very lucrative initially but home sickness to many take over after some time. TAPMI lacks in beautiful faces as well.
10. TAPMI ranked 13 this year in top B-schools and this is the best it has achieved so far in 22 years.

I'm not frieghtening you but showing you the reality. Mind you... almost the same story is there with any other B-school including IIMs. If you still want to be one of the best person around, who have values, is hardworking, down to earth, intelligent in applying the learnings, not running after money, thinks that only intense heat can turn iron into gold and MBA by heart......I'll welcome you at TAPMI.

Thanks a ton for the info mate,really appreciate ur honesty and frankly
speakin i am in half a mind to let go of my MBA Dream specially after readin
that last bit on Hard work.Anyways mate could u shed some light on the
placements there and also could u plz tell me whether the quant secional cut off
matters or is it the overall cutoff that will be taken into consideration without considerin the sectional cutoff as such

Waitin fer ur reply

Really an informative piece about Tapmi..
Are other details such as acads, Work Ex, sectional cutpffs also considered for calls? PLease shed some lite...
What is the percentage of Work Ex guyz there is it quite lesss or is it considrable???
thanx 😃
Archit

hey this is my first mail after joining TAPMI...
as far as the work-ex guys are concerned its 50:50:) (approx)

Hi there,

Please continue your discussions here: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/tapmi-admissions-2006-25010111

Rick.
guys after the cat everybody must b wondering about the probable cut offs and wich inst. 2 apply (for those who haven't applied earlier) .
neways one of friends is in tapmi right now and this what he has 2 say:
About TAPMI....cut off prior to our batch used to be 84% but in our batch we have two people with percentile as low as 75% even mine was 82.3. So don't worry about that. TAPMI has very rigour selection process and you should be extraordinary to clear all seven rounds here and it hardly depends on your CAT score. You should be good with your academics.
1. Selection process involves 7 rounds, each may not be eliminating:
Group Discussion / Case study
Summry of GD along with your view points
Psychometry test
Extempore
Panel interview with three faculty
One page writeup - Why do I want to join TAPMI.
Director interview - where they have all the above documents along with your appln. form to screw on.
2. The infrastucture here is not better than our engg. college.
3. Resturctured PGP (post graduate program) left a little space for you to even breathe easily, forget about the holidays.
4. Faculty and diro are cynical about rules and regulation. Two students from our batch were thrown out of the college last week because they used cell phone in the classroom. No arguments. 6 students from our batch have already been thrown out in last 5 months from our batch alone. Ofcourse mistakes were on their (students) part only.
5. TAPMI is known for experimentations and you may sometimes feel like white rats.
6. TAPMI provides 100% placement but the average or highest salaries are much lower.
7. TAPMI is third most expensive (fees) college in the country but do not spends proportionately on students.
8. Mess food here is the best in the city but still we find it difficult to swollow.
9. Manipal as a city is very lucrative initially but home sickness to many take over after some time. TAPMI lacks in beautiful faces as well.
10. TAPMI ranked 13 this year in top B-schools and this is the best it has achieved so far in 22 years.

I'm not frieghtening you but showing you the reality. Mind you... almost the same story is there with any other B-school including IIMs. If you still want to be one of the best person around, who have values, is hardworking, down to earth, intelligent in applying the learnings, not running after money, thinks that only intense heat can turn iron into gold and MBA by heart......I'll welcome you at TAPMI.

Thanks for the crystal clear post you have presented, mate. It reminds me of the life (Sucks) at IBS, Gurgaon, which I ditched after one sem. only. Very few PG's give such frank opinions. However, since TAPMi last date I think is after CAT, around December 5, I feel that we can think of applying after CAT after evaluating our scores.
Hi,

I am planning to attend CAT for the 1st time in NOV 09. Now I am a Software engineer with work experience of 36 months. My current pay is around 7.5 lakhs per annum + bonus / variable.
I am working with a very prestigious European investment bank for last 7 months (amongst top 3 in Europe). I am completely bored with IT job. So now seriously want to change my job profile and want to do MBA by this year itself. I am looking for a more functional role (BA/Senior BA), am really pissed with ma present role.

Following is my profile.
Academic Profile:

10th - 70%
12th - 58%
B.E(IT) - 65% (from non IIT / NIT , but amongst top 5 colleges in state)

Got many prizes in my previous job. Certificates in technical competencies (oracle,microsoft).

Work Profile:
1st company - 12 months (start up company)
2nd company - 17 months (Cambridge Solutions)
3rd company - 7 months (amongst top 3 investment banks in europe , overall 15 globally)

Extra Curricular:
Swimming , Cricket , I create web portals free lance.

Started my Cat prep by April. I am strong in VA. So working hard in Quants and DI , hope to be in commando mode come this November.

But since I can attempt only this year due to personal reasons plz let me know if TAPMI would be suitable and what is the placement scope at TAPMI, a decent package (around 15 lakhs pa, I guess if I continue with my job I would be earning around 10 lakhs pa. in the 2 years).

What is the CAT percentile required to get a call from TAPMI. Would my profile be suitable? I would be applying for TAPMI , so when do we get forms ?

Just want to be sure so that I wont regret my decision after 2 years.

Thanks in advance!

Apply for CAT first !!!

Hi,

I am planning to attend CAT for the 1st time in NOV 09. Now I am a Software engineer with work experience of 36 months. My