Indian School of Business : Young Leaders' Program

ISB has started a 2+1 Program, which is formally called the Young Leaders’ Program, on the lined of HBS’ 2+2 program this year. This program aimed at pre final year college students, and there is a special admission process entailing various rou…

ISB has started a 2+1 Program, which is formally called the Young Leaders' Program, on the lined of HBS' 2+2 program this year. This program aimed at pre final year college students, and there is a special admission process entailing various rounds and a few innovative phases, which include making a video about yourself.

http://www.isb.edu/PGP/YLP.Shtml

Applicants this year will be a part of the class of 2014.

Any takers?

hii
I have applied for YLP prgram. waiting for the first shortlist. Fingers crossed.

Glad to see a reply here.

Post profiles?

Here goes:

BE Electronics & Instrumentation/MSc Economics from BITS Pilani/GPA 7ish/XII 85/X 92
Research Intern at a Canadian B School, expecting paper publication (financial derivatives)
Internship at Indian Overseas Bank
Part of startup in LPO space
ECA : Students' council, Newspaper/Magazine Editor, Music Society Head, Cricket Team

about 5000 students have applied and out out of those, 1000 will be selected for the next round to appear for the GMAT. let's see what's in store.

I have been shortlisted for Round 2 :). Woo Hoo.

@satvikshr - Where did you get those numbers from?

me too!!
when do u plan to give your gmat??

hi daredevil and others who have made it to second stage.
i am rahul agarwal from kolkata.
pursuing b.com from st xaviers kolkata
class 10-92%
class 12-98%

cleared CA INTER WITH A ALL INDIA RANK OF 38
:cheerio:

WHAT ABOUT OTHERS PROFILE.

hey,
got a 710 on the gmat. don't know if that's enough. any comments?:lookround:

Hii guys

Is ISB YLP worth joining? i am nt sure how far would a 1 year MBA be useful especially after a work experience of 18 months.

My Profile:

B.Tech (Mining Engineering) : 7.43/10
IIT Kharagpur.

Represented IIT Kharagpur in an international competition.
Head of organizing committee of a college fest.
General Secretary of a society.
Working with a big time institute project
finalist in a B Plan competition.
won some prizes in college level case study competitions.

Hii guys

Is ISB YLP worth joining? i am nt sure how far would a 1 year MBA be useful especially after a work experience of 18 months.

Hi dare devil :)

If this 1 year MBA is same as their flagship MBA program then it will be worth joining even after 5 years of experience

If u are targeting Indian colleges then ISB is one of the top

Overall Rankings - PaGaLGuY B-school Rankings 2011

:thumbsup:

Hey,
I have also applied for ISB YLP and have cleared stage 1. Going to give GMAT on 30th July. Anybody have any idea on the kind of basic profile they will be using to filter students in the selection process?

This is the inaugural intake through YLP, so there is no know how as such about the criteria they use to select students. I guess standard B School guidelines should hold, you should probably dig out some info about HBS 2+2 guidelines, may serve as a good pointer. I'm just going to be myself, because I know my strengths, weaknesses and I believe in being unique :).

Hey,
I have also applied for ISB YLP and have cleared stage 1. Going to give GMAT on 30th July. Anybody have any idea on the kind of basic profile they will be using to filter students in the selection process?

Congrats!
Can you tell me what were the topics of the essays that you were asked to write on, and also what did the video had to elaborate on? I am planning to appear for it next year.
satvikshr Says
about 5000 students have applied and out out of those, 1000 will be selected for the next round to appear for the GMAT. let's see what's in store.

No way man! This number of people apply for the PGP admissions, after getting some work experience. And ISB calls about 5/8th of its applicants for interviews.

Can you tell me what were the topics of the essays that you were asked to write on, and also what did the video had to elaborate on? I am going to appear for it in 2012....

Can you tell me what were the topics of the essays that you were asked to write on in 1st and 2nd level, and also what did the video had to elaborate on in 1st level? I am going to appear for it in 2012.

Anybody who has been selected for ISB YLP batch of 2017?

Hi Everyone,

General Education is organizing a webinar on "ISB YLP Application Strategy" where you can interact with ISB Admission Director and alumnus of top Ivy league B-Schools like - Harvard Business School, Darden, Oxford, INSEAD, HEC and ISB.

The details of webinar are: ISB YLP: The WHY, WHEN and the HOW?

Hear from an expert team comprising alumni of Top B-Schools - Harvard, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, AGSM about how to go about planning for the seemingly complicated MBA admission process. Interact with experts to know what makes a B-School application stand-out in the eyes of the admissions committee.

Webinar Agenda:

How to start thinking. Is MBA necessary for me?

What could be my pay offs? Which Schools? Right time to apply? ·

Managing the ISB YLP application process · Live analysis of actual MBA essays, Recommendations, Resume etc. ·

Interactive Q&A session with ISB Admission Director

Key Note Speakers: ISB Admission Director and Alumni of Harvard Business School, INSEAD, HEC Paris, ISB, Darden

Date and Time: Online: 3rd May 2015; 11 am IST to 12:30 pm IST Venue: Online,

For free registration please visit http://goo.gl/ZAqKr9

Register soon.