Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal [2015-17] [Official Thread for Aspirants]

Hi All, We are the current batch of IIFM PGDFM [14-16] and we would want to make use of this thread to answer any of your queries regarding the course, admission procedures and life at IIFM. Please feel free to ask your doubts. We will try our best to help.

The Indian Institute of Forest Management is a sectoral management institute, which constantly endeavors to evolve knowledge useful for the managers in the area of Forest, Environment and Natural Resources Management and allied sectors. It disseminates such knowledge in ways that promote its application by individuals and organizations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Institute_of_Forest_Management

Expectedly, all the aspirants will be having common set of doubts regarding why you all should join IIFM. Refer this magazine article. 

I am a B.Tech. student. The main recruiter at IIFM is the forest department of Madhya Pradesh. After getting placed there, what are my growth prospects? Also, tell me, will there be any difference between a Management Grad and govt officials like Indian Forest Officers?

expected ...xat cutoff 2015...for genral....or can u say the percentile...which is safe...and has better chance for converting...(general seats )....no of seates for general student

How is life after IIFM? do we have any chance of getting placed in metro cities? also please tell me the average package of IIFM

seniors last day of iifm online form fill up date????

in online mode we just need to fill and pay the amount online?? do we need to send any print out of filled form or any other document...when we fill the form online

@sandystillrocks hi , while filling form , i am having trouble , it is not accepting XAT Id , say it invalid . also while i am uploading my cat adit card , it asks me that size should be upto 100kb , now the quality tremendously reduces . what to do ?

Aspirants applying through XAT and facing trouble while filling the form where it asks for your XAT ID, please supplement a 0(zero) at the end of your 6 digit ID. 

what is the cat cutoff for general male engineer candidate ?

where to upload XAT admit card they r only taking cat admit card.

Only one place to upload either XAT/CAT admit card

What was the CAT cutoff percentile for ST last year.

1. LAst date for applying through CAT?

2. I tried applying in November. The website was down then. It appears the website is down now as well ? Please help!

Whats the CAT/XAT cutoffs and avg salary?

Is it possible to get call for CAT 75.15 percentile in NC-OBC category?

I am a Bio Sciences graduate and i gave Cat just because i wanted to get into iifm.

Cat score-89.94 with 99.53 in va/lr and 56 in quant di

10th-88%,12th-78 and graduation-58

Is my cat score good enough or should i appear for xat as well?

i scored 84 %ile (QA 83.03 VA 78.17). are there any chances for me to get selected?

I am a commerce graduate and interested in taking admission in IIFM but the main thing I want to know is

What exactly forest management mean? 

Which are the streams in which we can build our career by this programme?

I have scored 68.77%ile in CAT 14, so can you please tell me the cut-offs of IIFM of last year.

cat%ile- 75. General category

work ex- 2 years

can i expect a cal?

Guys we were a bit inactive during past few days because of our field-trip . If you have any kind of query, post it unhesitantly as we will be more than happy to help. 😃