India beats Harvard

Hi all, I am an undergrad in Europe, and Im thinking of doing an MBA… Ive read an interesting article about curent trends in the Asian market… so I started wonderig - maybe, I should do my MBA in India… what do you think about the a…

Hi all,

I am an undergrad in Europe, and Im thinking of doing an MBA...
Ive read an interesting article about curent trends in the Asian market.. so I started wonderig - maybe, I should do my MBA in India..
what do you think about the article?
thx 😃
MBA Channel - Our knowledge. Your profit.

if this is not the place for this post.. sorry.. but I think this is the best 😃

Hey guys,
sorry, I dont know why is redirecting you to the German version.. which I dont understand either.. but.. if you want to have a look at the english one 😃 and tell me what you think 😃

Try Google-Translator.

rahulworld Says
Try Google-Translator.

hahaha thx Rahulworld, but that is not what I meant. They have an Enghish version, just that u are directed to the german one, and u have to click on the english version button in the right corner :P
what i want to know from all u PG gusy is.. is that true? cause being a European, I have no idea what are the trends...only from what Im reading .. so I would need some experts to help 😃
so.. tell me .. what do u think?
hahaha thx Rahulworld, but that is not what I meant. They have an Enghish version, just that u are directed to the german one, and u have to click on the english version button in the right corner :P
what i want to know from all u PG gusy is.. is that true? cause being a European, I have no idea what are the trends...only from what Im reading .. so I would need some experts to help 😃
so.. tell me .. what do u think?

I don't agree that Indian B-Schools are beating the Harvard yet but within 15-20 Yrs they will surly give International B-schools a tough time. With economy growing at 9-10% and Indian salaries rising to international levels, Indian B-schools will gain more and more recognition, as Indian companies will be recruiting locals mainly from India B-schools.

The title of the article is misleading and a simply attention catching gimmic. Article only comapres the number of GMAT takers and scores sent o various countries/Institutes. Also with the advent of IIM-PGPX/PGPEX th situation will further tilt in favour of India.

A cheaper MBA degree ( but highly competent) in India is another factor in favour of Indian B-Schools.

I hope my comment help in your understanding of situation. If you are planning to get a job in India or for low cost degree then India is best place. Otherwise also many international big names come to India for recruitments.

Arun

a journo making up a sensationalizing headline to catch bored eyeballs..
i deserve better at 3:30 A.M. in the night..

the answer to your Q is no.
I think you would be much better off doing it at any other place than india..
yeah but if you really wanna be part of a fast growing market and wanna know how new businesses are cropping up here and thriving on outsourced dollars.. you might givve it a shot ;)

@arun do you think a 9% growth is stable?? how deep do you think the rabbit hole goes? n the big names you talk abt who come here to recruit.. have you ever asked the well paid recruits, what kinda work exactly are they doing?

Oh Jackal...dont be a jerk 😃 the lady was just doing her job..and if you would read other articles written by her, you wouldnt be so hars.. I dont know why this title.. but .. well... the article itself is interesting.. cause .. well... until I saw it .. I would have never concidered doing an MBA in India.. I mean.. I was passionate about the country ( especially the food 😃 ... but I never thought of going there.. now I am ...
I just have to look for a good school 😃 any hints 😃

@ Arun .. that is very interesting.. and somehow on the lines of what Ive heart from the Indian Ambasador some months ago . I am wondering just how long will this boom last.
p.s.@ Jackal - u are a Leo that is sooo cool.. gues my astro sign 😁

and Gusy .. thx 😃

Dear Jackal and Busy,

reg. 9-10% growth. This question has no simple answer and nobody can give a definitive answer but one thing is sure that growth in India will be higher than world average. There are many factors (internal and external) whicvh may derail this process but chances are that for coming 10-15 years growth will be robust. There are many reports by people more qualified than myself on this matter and alll suggest that this growth is likely to continue. One such interesting report is "Dancing with Giants", which gives different scenerios and its' impact on world market.

Coming to another question raised by Jackal about the quality of jobs on offer. Most of the jobs in financial sector are not quality jobs but are highly paying and many new MBAs fall for it. However this is same for any institutes whether IIM or Harvard but many international aspirants may not be falling so easily only for money hence they may be looking at Indian pool for such profiles (I come from middle class background and know the importance of money hence I am not looking down on such thing but simply stating the fact.). I know many great MBAs end up becoming traders at big financial names, hardly a exciting profile but salary and bonus could be as high as USD 5 million per year.

However to say that only such jobs are offered at Indian B-Schools is not correct. Any good job profile is full of hard work and real money and position in such cases comes after many years of MBA and many of us are not willing to wait so long (especially for money).

I have tried to reply to best of my knowledge.

Arun

Arun is bang on target...

A job is only as good as the interest shown by its holder. Not all MBAs are destined to be leaders...nay...in fact, most are expected to be administrators and executives (in the real sense of the word). That is what the actual purpose of the MBA degree is. If all MBA grads accept nothing less than the challenging and interesting job profiles that Jackal aspires for, then the number of MBAs that are churned out would be far smaller. Thank God, that different people have different priorities and a big pay cheque is a forerunner in this list. MBA is just a differentiator in most cases. If they cant find MBAs, the companies would just as well take other qualified people and substitute with training or whatever it takes to bridge the gap, if any.

Btw, Jackal, what would you consider as an exciting job profile?

And Ms Busy, if you plan to work in India and you are not a Indian by origin, then I would say an MBA from an IIM or ISB in India would be a very attractive option for you. An MBA from India's premier institutes would place you very well in the industry here and after a few years working here, if you were to choose to return to Europe, you would be "hot" ! I am sure this would be worth much more to your career and would carry more weightage than an MBA from a European school. I think your European background with your first hand experience and knowledge of the Asian economy, would be a screaming-point in your resume. But of course, all this is predicated on the fact that you are really interested in the Indian economy and working here.

And believe me, India is going to grow much faster than Europe over the next decade atleast, except for a World war or Civil war overtaking us. 8% and 10% are just gimmicks and figures - they mean nothing, bottomline is that relatively we are going to grow. So go ahead and put your eggs in the Indian basket. :)

cheers
sp