IMT Nagpur 2011-13 Queries & Related discussions

Hi guys, Here’s the official thread for all your queries related to admissions to the PGDM programme at IMT Nagpur 2011-13. For the news and discussion so far, pls check out this parallel thread that tells you about Life @ IMT http://www.pa

Hi guys,
Here's the official thread for all your queries related to admissions to the PGDM programme at IMT Nagpur 2011-13.
For the news and discussion so far, pls check out this parallel thread that tells you about Life @ IMT
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/life-imt-nagpur-25058147
Watch out for pics on FB:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nagpur-India/Institute-of-Management-Technology-Nagpur/152494241436615?v=wall
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/IMT_Nagpur
So... shoot your questions, we are here to answer!!!

What was the percentile cutoff for IMT-N last year.
Also please give an idea about the placement scenario.

The cut-off for batch 2009-11 was 87 p'cile. For the 2010-12 batch, it was lesser , around 80 p'cile owing to CAT going online. But this year, it is supposed to go back up to near 90. You can check out details of last year placements here:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/life-imt-nagpur-25058147
This year's is expected to be much better, and the season has already kick-started with Asian Paints as the first on campus this last week. ICICI is next in line, arriving this coming week.

This is the admissions info link in case you have any queries:
Admission PGDM

my career graph
class x-75%
class xii-58.8%
b.tech in mechanical engg-6.5 cgpa
extra curricular activites-more than decent

is my profile decent enough to fetch a call..

my career graph
class x-75%
class xii-58.8%
b.tech in mechanical engg-6.5 cgpa
extra curricular activites-more than decent

is my profile decent enough to fetch a call..

IMT's first shortlist (GD calls) will be based mostly on your CAT p'cile rather than profile. Try your best to get around 90 p'cile to ensure a call. After that, everything depends on your performance in GD and PI. Your profile seems quite decent to me, though i think you may have to suitably explain the mark dip in 12th std in the interview. 😁

hi imtn guys
if possible plz cud u PM me how much was the package of asian paints
and how many students did it take. i am interested in marketing and wud request u guys to furnish proper details

Asian Paints offered profiles in Sales & Mktg and Supply Chain Mgmt (Ops) and also summer internships in the same for first-years. Their package was 7.86 LPA, bound for upward revision in feb 2011 and stipend fr internships ws 15000 p.m. They've made 5 offers fr final placement and 5 fr internships. Interns stand a 90% chance of getting PPIs -we had 4 PPIs and 2 PPOs last yr frm Asian Paints.

Hi Puys!
I've been seeing in other threads that when people list the colleges they wish to apply to, IMT N is featured quite less while other colleges which are hardly comparable are! :shocked:
I find this quite astonishing and am sure there must be some reason for your wariness... we are here to give you straightforward answers to ALL your IMT N related questions. There's seriously not enough action on this thread ... but the number of hits on the page is quite high!
Why don't you come out and voice your doubts/apprehensions ? Only then can we help you out.
So do start posting here on anything you want to know abt us. IMT N is a seriously great B-School and we can prove it.

What do you mean by by PPI and PPO
Interns stand a 90% chance of getting PPIs -we had 4 PPIs and 2 PPOs last yr frm Asian Paints.
Pardon me for my ignorance.
Why was the cutoff of IMT-N low last year?
What is the average percentile cutoff generally(2008,2007)?
Thank You

Hi,

Is there a single admission form for admission into IMT Ghaziabad, Nagpur and Hyderabad??

What do you mean by by PPI and PPO
Interns stand a 90% chance of getting PPIs -we had 4 PPIs and 2 PPOs last yr frm Asian Paints.
Pardon me for my ignorance.
Why was the cutoff of IMT-N low last year?
What is the average percentile cutoff generally(2008,2007)?
Thank You

hehe... sorry fr the jargon. A PPI is a Pre-Placement Interview -it means if u do your internship really well, the co. gives u an interview. If u clear tht, u get a PPO, a Pre-Placement Offer, which means based on ur good work in ur summer project, u get a job bypassing the normal recruitment process.
Lowest p'cile cut-offs fr IMT N these last few years have been:
2008-10: 85; Avg. arnd 90
2009-11: 86; Avg. arnd 92
2010-12: 70; Avg. arnd 80
Last yr, some allowance ws made becoz of CAT going online bt it is expectd tht the cut-offs will go bk up again this yr.
Hi,

Is there a single admission form for admission into IMT Ghaziabad, Nagpur and Hyderabad??

Yeah -its a single form on which u giv ur preferences.

does IMT nagpur campus host pharma companies too?

There are pharama and life sciences grad and post-grad students in in our batch. Bt pharma co.s hav nt come as far as I know. Will post if any come this year.

Placements r going on in style! ICICI gave 28 offers today in Banking operations and Marketing. It's going to be a happy happy Diwali!

fantasia Says
Placements r going on in style! ICICI gave 28 offers today in Banking operations and Marketing. It's going to be a happy happy Diwali!

28? Wow. 😁 That is impressive. Ya definitely seems like a better season....:D
enigmaticpranav Says
28? Wow. 😁 That is impressive. Ya definitely seems like a better season....:D

yeah it definitely seems so... we are awaiting the process of 2-3 more co.s this week. Let's hope they too work out and we hit half century before Diwali.
:D

If we have applied for IMT G.... Does it suffice for application 2 IMT N..?