IMT 2012-14 Fin Converts

Hi friends, This thread is for IMT 2012-14 finance converts. It will be great if we could get seniors and prospective students like me to interact about what lies ahead of us. any prior preparation would definitely turn out to be good. B…

Hi friends,

This thread is for IMT 2012-14 finance converts. It will be great if we could get seniors and prospective students like me to interact about what lies ahead of us. any prior preparation would definitely turn out to be good.

Brief intro: mech engg 2009 + cogniznt(1 year) and a little bit of community service.

keep the info flowing guys, and try getting as many seniors from finance on this thread!

nice initiative....I myself wanted to start a thread like this for Finance guys.When all the nice things at IMT revolves around FT only, suggestions from seniors will definitely sooth the nerves.
Anyways,
CAT : 95.86%
Work-ex : 42 months @ ICICI BANK.

Regards
Abhi

hey! welcome abhi! i think we could start of by getting some senior to tell us what profiles are on offer for summer internships and since they are scarce as told by kapil, what should one do to get one in one's kitty!

Good initiative.

Feel free to ask your queries.

well the basic idea is to already have a feel of the place before joining so that we can pace ourselves better having known some stuff beforehand.. could you just speak about this pre foundation course for starters..

Hi All,

Cat % : 94.38%
work ex: 42 months in IT.

Well I opted for FT but got Finance. After 3.5 yrs of IT experience, I am apprehensive about how well will I do in Finance, and will I be able to compete with guys coming from Finance back ground during campus recruitment ????

mechengg Says
well the basic idea is to already have a feel of the place before joining so that we can pace ourselves better having known some stuff beforehand.. could you just speak about this pre foundation course for starters..

this prefoundation course is a new addition this year. so dont have much info on it. But, it would be a general course, exposing you to different aspects of MBA. Wont have much to study in it.

Hi All,

Cat % : 94.38%
work ex: 42 months in IT.

Well I opted for FT but got Finance. After 3.5 yrs of IT experience, I am apprehensive about how well will I do in Finance, and will I be able to compete with guys coming from Finance back ground during campus recruitment ????

There won't be many guys with Finance background in there. Don't worry. moreover, after 2 years, all are on same page in Finance, if you gonna study well for it.

It would be better to add seniors on facebook to your friend circle to get better insights than posting replies here since this social forum can be viewed by anyone/everyonea and since its a less viewed forum as compared to other social media channels your genuine doubts and queries might go unnoticed.
I am not here to brag/criticize about IMT-G but to help everyone make an informed decision.

Hi puys,

I will be joining IMT in Finance. Nice initiative to get in touch with future batchmates.

durng the ximb interviews, a panelist told that engineers are best at fin... its maths based.. mabe thats why

It would be better to add seniors on facebook to your friend circle to get better insights than posting replies here since this social forum can be viewed by anyone/everyonea and since its a less viewed forum as compared to other social media channels your genuine doubts and queries might go unnoticed.
I am not here to brag/criticize about IMT-G but to help everyone make an informed decision.

well i am not there on facebook 😃 and am trying to get seniors here. have messaged two other fin guys to help us out. you could chip in with important info from fb when u find some worth sharing!
mechengg Says
durng the ximb interviews, a panelist told that engineers are best at fin... its maths based.. mabe thats why

Don't say this during PDP..heads up!! lol
ritesh1628 Says
Don't say this during PDP..heads up!! lol

and what is PDP? u a current student or prospective or passout?
mechengg Says
and what is PDP? u a current student or prospective or passout?

You'll come to know during the first week
Second year...IB-Fin
You'll come to know during the first week
Second year...IB-Fin

see that is what the purpose of this thread is.. to be better informed..lol!

just glad to see more seniors here! so what suggestions do you have for us? and did u guys hae the pre foundation course?

I do not understand your reason for being so pessimistic? This year is a tought year globally for Finance guys all over. Do you know how many people globally have lost their job this year in Finance. Sample this, 600 in HSBC India alone. and this is just one such example. There are bad years in btw, how is IMT gonna be insulated from it? Our seniors had a fabulous opportunities coz market was good. Even now when market is down, we had a company yesterday offering 10lacs for Finance, even after 6 months after placement season. Isn't that a good thing?

Kapil Malhotra
PGDM (Finance)
2010 - 2012
IMT, Ghaziabad

I do not understand your reason for being so pessimistic? This year is a tought year globally for Finance guys all over. Do you know how many people globally have lost their job this year in Finance. Sample this, 600 in HSBC India alone. and this is just one such example. There are bad years in btw, how is IMT gonna be insulated from it? Our seniors had a fabulous opportunities coz market was good. Even now when market is down, we had a company yesterday offering 10lacs for Finance, even after 6 months after placement season. Isn't that a good thing?

Kapil Malhotra
PGDM (Finance)
2010 - 2012
IMT, Ghaziabad

No need for posting the message again...you want to get in touch with me personally drop me a pm mentioning your id. I will add you.And seriously you need to be on facebook.

me too frm IT background...never had finance in my career.. Should we start preparing for CFA?? Please guide....

@ Kapil sir
Sir, I have converted IMT-G Finance and IMI-PGDM....I am really confused now...If u had been in my position then what would you have chosen??

Can you give some profiles that were offered for the Finance students....