IMS SIMCAT 12 Proctored (October 2021)

115- 35/43/37
A disastrous mock, result of being over confident…a good sleep is necessary for a good mock (lesson learnt)

2 Likes

30/35/33 98
And struggle in QA continues.

3 Likes

VARC - 24 ( Accuracy was low)
DI - 31 ( Could have done better)
QA - 33 (Made some silly mistakes)

OA - 88 ( Not satisfied with the score)

Any suggestions for VARC ?

2 Likes

30/38/31

QA looked easy but hua hi nahi attempt kuch lol. Varc again meh. Onto next

2 Likes

VARC - 20 (8C/13A) 73.05%
DILR - 20 (7C/10A) 61.54%
QA - 28 (10C/13A) 93.39%
OA - 68 (29C/36A) 84.45%

DILR - my nemesis : has clearly been my weak section for the last couple of mocks,
VARC - 12Marks from VA in ~12mins, whereas 8Marks from the 2 RCs that I attempted in the remaining time (50% accuracy in RC this time)
QA - the saviour as always - still needs a lot of improvement.

Back to the drawing board… :sleepy:

2 Likes

Damn…how getting even 1-2 questions wrong in the recent mocks(with reduced no. of questions) just drags you down below the cutoff or pushes you up by a significant margin in terms of percentile…

2 Likes

Only 20 odd people posted their scores, usually there are around 70-80. Did less people gave this mock??

1 Like

VARC - 30 (94.58)
DILR - 48 (99.48) - 16A/16C
QA - 34 (98.14)
OA - 113 (99.83)

Highest % till date in Simcats, Varc was hard, quants was as usually low but somehow got higher %.

2 Likes

Maybe because didn’t see a thread for the recent aimcat as well

2 Likes

+1
I’m going to attempt AIM 2205 tomorrow(last day of window)…so thought I’ll post tomorrow there but I’m surprised after reading this that there’s no thread for that yet.
Usually @vishalgowda creates the threads for new mocks. Didn’t see his score on this thread as well.

Maybe since it’s the last leg, some regular people went off PG or they might be off CAT prep for sometime due to NMAT prep?

2 Likes

Maybe, but the views on this one are around 2k.

Also, this UI is riddled with bugs. I created this thread after multiple 504 error attempts.

Many PG DT 21 folks didnt post their scores, which are extremely welcome as they push us all up to work harder. So def missed their posts in this mock. Good point about being off PG. I should take noted xd

1 Like

VARC (17A/13C) 36 (98.72%ile)
DILR (12A/10C) 30 (86.31%ile)
QA (15A/8C) 23 (85.03%ile) how did i mess this up so bad
OA (44A/31C) 89 (96.24%ile) AIR 556
Only 39 days left and such a long way to go…ummeed khatm hoti jaa rhi h…i dont even know if these scores are any good or not…there is such a big knowledge v performance gap that I feel they aren’t any good

2 Likes

Mate I have exact same score in all three sections and in exact same situation. I dont know how to improve in QA. Its the section which takes one from 98 to 99.5 percentile.
I am able to crack the questions once i analyse but in exam I am not even able to attempt all questions. What should I do :frowning:

Hello puys and pirls,
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, PG seems to have changed a lot since my last visit (y u do this ;_; )

Got a relatively light schedule over the next 10 days or so, so if anyone would want to talk about CAT, Mocks, Strategy, motivation or life in general, feel free to DM me!
PG helped me a lot during my prep days, so just wanted to keep that going :’)

2 Likes

Back after a short break 18(66.6)/51(99.82)/35(98.14) - OA 104 (99.19) AIR 109
Varc Disaster Continues
Decent Dilr - Recorded it live as I got some messages asking for Dilr Tips - SimCAT 12 DILR Live - YouTube (Added more details in video description, hope it helps!)
QA was tough, still 10-15 marks short

5 Likes

2 Likes

Which sets you attempted

Guys. I had a general doubt.
So I’m consistently securing a rank of about 90-120 in IMS SimCATs and I wanted to know how good it actually is on an India level. So Can anyone help me out in this?
Based on the fact that I’m in this range in a very competitive and popular national level mock and considering a normal day during CAT, what percentile can I expect?
Also, Does anyone have any information regarding past CAT results of TIME and IMS? Like How many students get >99%, >99.5%, 99.7% etc? This would be really helpful in benchmarking myself against national peers?
I’ll be really grateful to anyone who shares this information.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like