IMS - Sim CAT 3 - July 24 , 2011

Please use this thread for discussion on today’s IMS - Sim CAT 3 - July 24 , 2011. Poll will be set up later in the day. Very important Note: Most of the students who used pen, even for just signing at the back got OMR error last time…

Please use this thread for discussion on today's IMS - Sim CAT 3 - July 24 , 2011.

Poll will be set up later in the day.

Very important Note:
Most of the students who used pen, even for just signing at the back got OMR error last time.... (including me and our naga). So please take pencil and eraser only with you.

All the very best Every one .

Gave the Sim Cat in first slot of the day...

VA- 10C 8W 22
QA- 10C 3W 27
DI- 7C 2W 19

OA- 68

venue : delhi centre

OA 78 38 A :banghead: 29C 9W

QA 24 9C 3W
LR 28 10C 2W
VA 26 10C 4W

a little disappointed with number of attempt
strangely the paper was little easy could have really scored.....
First time balanced score in each section , though a little low.....lets see

well!!! i think the paper was really tricky...Here are my analysis
QA: dere wr ample sitters to clear the cutoff bt dere wr sum very gud quality qs..which reqd clarity of concepts..i made as many as 4 silly mistaked in dis sectn which is my forte...overall certainly difficult than the previos two simcats...easy moderate to difficult

VA: was certainly very tricky...many qs had two very close options..nd RCs wr a lil difficult..though grammar and vocab qs wr very easy...i guess of the same lvl of simcat 2...or slightly higher..easy moderate to difficult

DI: i guess that was the most difficult till now..all the simcats had set theory qs and i srsly hate sets...moderate to difficult ...

OA: moderate to difficult...

Expctd Cutoffs
VA: 20-23
QA: 25-28
DI: 23-25
OA: 70-75

My scores
VA: 17A 10C - 23
DI: 15A 10C- 25
QA: 16A 12C- 32
OA: 48A 32C- 80

Gave the test a miss in the PP format.. Will take it once available in online mode!

va-12c 6w = 30
qa-10c 1w = 29
di- 10c 5w=25
0A= 84..
VERY DISSAPOINTED COULD HVE DONE MUCH BETTER....esp in qa..
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
btw 4 d first time in my life ..i scored d highest in va!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

QA 8C 5W 19
LDI 8C 4W 19
VA 4C 3W 09

TOTAL 20C 12W 48:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I was never good at PP format.....

horrible scores (worst in va (as usual) but is very disappointing ). wont mention my scores but will just post the percentiles once they are given.

i dont know what happened to me..............after doing the easy ones in qa (my strength)within first 30 minutes , i actually wasted another 30minutes trying to solve 2-3 more qa questions.

di-lr , the section i usually do after qa, for the 1st time i failed to do the set theory set, n was disappointed to find no solid scoring lr set. however i did 3/4 of those 1 question set. did the painter set n the train set. did 2 of data sufficiency n both of them went wrong

finally, my weakest section va. just spent 25 minutes in that. the first comprehension was easy n did correctly. the second comprehension was tricky because i thought it was easy but later found out most of my answers to be incorrect. . well i guess all simcat comprehensions have questions where it is really difficult to choose between 2 final options. apart from 2 comprehensions i just solved the 2 para jumbles given.

all in all easy n tricky paper, much like cat, n very very unlike aimcat (i dont understand what aimcat paper setters are up to ! )

should have scored better.

QA 8C 5W 19
LDI 8C 4W 19
VA 4C 3W 09
TOTAL 20C 12W 48
I was never good at PP format.....

:w00t: :w00t:

Hope Mr. Butch doesn't see this.

oh by the way ,the data sufficiency question

"If last 3 digits of N are divisible by x, then N is divisible by x"

The answer to this question should be 4 i think.

as we can arrive at the conclusion from both the statements that x can be 5,25 and 125. isnt it so?

as we can arrive at the conclusion from both the statements that x can be 5,25 and 125. isnt it so?

i agree with you , oi followed the same approach 1,2,4,8. never thought of 125 or 1000
this might sound stupid why not let x=1 (odd number)
it divides every number

and it agrees to the conclusion
nowhere it says check exactly and only last 3 digits

last digit decides even or odd, . if 2 can determine last 3 digits, it can also determine last 3 divisble
same goes for 4 and 8 and 1

hence I choose x=1, which I believe the paper setter forget to consider
:w00t: :w00t:

Hope Mr. Butch doesn't see this.

Doesn't matter bro....
As i mentioned in aimcat thread

Dont take mock/mock scores way too seriously or way to lightly....

Come on Puys
post your scores
it wasn't that bad, was it

waiting for puys to post scores and get some real motivation....
P and P format isnt that tough

puys any idea how many takers enrolled wid IMS...though at the end of day it hardly matters...to be true I liked the mock more than Aimcats n Proc Mocks (not bcuz I scored gud in QA)...I never struggle with DI n clear the cutoffs peacefully n I hardly work on same...n today I saw a diff picture in all...eye opener!!

In morning itself I had a fine intuition that the paper would not go good, as i carried the hangover of last night.. But it actually went worse than i expected..

VA 9
QA 30
LRDI 17
OA 56...:nono::banghead:

QA: 11 c 2 w 31
DI: 8c 3 w 21
VA: 8c 4 w 20

OA:72

Now let me pick up two wrong solutions

31=> It would be CBD..As any odd factor of 125 like 1,5,25 would satisfy the criterion

54=> Answer will be infinite..As infinite numbers satisfy the criteria.a and b can be fractions as well...

My scores :

V.A = 11 C 4 W = 29

Q.A = 8C 0 W = 24

L.R = 9 C 2 W = 25

O.A = 78

I actually felt the paper was a bit tougher esp L.R ..and my attempts are decreasing day by day ....

hi
di-24
qa-36
verb-29
total:89

yes i agree with u...can sum1 xplain me the p+q soln ...dint get it all...