IMS DAVV Indore

had aneone taken the test for MP cet 2007 for davv university… can aneone tell me hows IMS(institute of management studies) under davv university…?? and also few good colleges under davv. how’s its ranking and placement options…??

had aneone taken the test for MP cet 2007 for davv university...

can aneone tell me hows IMS(institute of management studies) under davv university..??
and also few good colleges under davv.
how's its ranking and placement options......??

Hi,

Well CET is the university entrance and as IMS comes directly under the perview of DAVV so it runs cources which are affiliated by university but not by AICTE. So if u r looking for AICTE approval then CET is not for u but some of its cources are really worth and one may take admission in it.

As far as placements are concerned the MBA in FA from IMS can really proved to be a turning stone as the placements are equally rewarding as their flagship programmes. But the point is u need to be a consistent performer and groom yourself in a way tahe u fit for industry requierments.

Here is an old thread that might help you:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ims-davv-indore-howz-the-college-25016810

All the best.

PS: you may PM the users on that post via PM

Hey All,
I am an indori and wanna say following things about IMS as my room-mate is doing MBA from there
1.In terms of ROI(Return on Investment) its one of the top 20 B-Schools in Country. Fee is 18000 pa. and avg. placement this year was 4.5 Lac pa(CTC)
2.You wont have typical MBA life with full of hectic, lots of assignments, various projects. Ull hv 3-4 hrs. classes &rest; of d time is urs(its upto u tkng it as negative or positive)
3.Excellent Alumni base as its 38yr. old institute.
4.Dont expect too much from Infrastructure. Became wi-fi ds yr only, library isnt dt much gr8, Faculties are not too much bother abt wht std r dong
5.You wont see a typical MBA crowed(so called advanced). Here students come from small places vd less money but great learner mind. They need a platform, IMS give them, they become their own mentor, teach themselves, groom themselves vdn 2 yrs and grab d opportunity of good placement.
After stating few draw-backs, my accordance says that IMS is really good destination to do MBA from.
(RHL)
Hey All,
I am an indori and wanna say following things about IMS as my room-mate is doing MBA from there
1.In terms of ROI(Return on Investment) its one of the top 20 B-Schools in Country. Fee is 18000 pa. and avg. placement this year was 4.5 Lac pa(CTC)
2.You wont have typical MBA life with full of hectic, lots of assignments, various projects. Ull hv 3-4 hrs. classes &rest; of d time is urs(its upto u tkng it as negative or positive)
3.Excellent Alumni base as its 38yr. old institute.
4.Dont expect too much from Infrastructure. Became wi-fi ds yr only, library isnt dt much gr8, Faculties are not too much bother abt wht std r dong
5.You wont see a typical MBA crowed(so called advanced). Here students come from small places vd less money but great learner mind. They need a platform, IMS give them, they become their own mentor, teach themselves, groom themselves vdn 2 yrs and grab d opportunity of good placement.
After stating few draw-backs, my accordance says that IMS is really good destination to do MBA from.
(RHL)

hey thanks fr d info..bt plz do tell me bout the hr placements of this coll and at what rank in mpmet can we expect this coll...thanx.....hope 2 see ur reply soon......

Dear All

Cet results are out.

sabz Says
hey thanks fr d info..bt plz do tell me bout the hr placements of this coll and at what rank in mpmet can we expect this coll...thanx.....hope 2 see ur reply soon......

It's ok.. don't need to say thx here, u may wish me official thanks through pguy( right bottom of the post)
It's vry gud for finance'n marketing... don't hv exact figure abtspecifically HR placement.. but all i can say dt recruiters come for HR but u'll hv to show ur caliber to those... IMS is quite competative if u'r not a domesile of Madhya Pradesh.. u mush need ATMA score 98+ percentile...
sabz Says

Hi
http://www.dauniv.ac.in/DAVV_Placement.xls
plz visit at the above mentioned link and u will find all the name of the companies + from which stream they recruited those students etc.etc.

When it comes to HR placements let me put my views upfrontly that the track record of HR placement is not that encouraging. But my suggestion would be that u better do ur own reseach find the reality however i m very much sure about my words.

at what rank in mpmet can we expect this coll...
Well here also u need to have rank under 90. Let me give some points regarding that with facts and figures.

In all there are 120 seats out which 20 are reserved for ATMA. Now 100 seats will be available for MET canidates.
Even on those 100 seats there are reservations for SC, ST and female category which will bring down the no. of seats to round about 50. Now u will be competing for those 50 seats and u can expect to get only when u r having rank under 90.

I hope i made picture a bit clear to u but still i would suggets u to have ur own findigs and then take firm decesion.
It's ok.. don't need to say thx here, u may wish me official thanks through pguy( right bottom of the post)
It's vry gud for finance'n marketing... don't hv exact figure abtspecifically HR placement.. but all i can say dt recruiters come for HR but u'll hv to show ur caliber to those... IMS is quite competative if u'r not a domesile of Madhya Pradesh.. u mush need ATMA score 90+ percentile...

Dear r4there

u mush need ATMA score 90+ percentile..
let me tell u that last year person who had 94+ percentile did not get any the college from indore so u rvery correct that one need to have 90+ ... but more specific would be 95 percentile and when one is talking abot IMS than the percentile must be 99+ as for non MP students seats are very few.
Dear r4there

u mush need ATMA score 90+ percentile..
let me tell u that last year person who had 94+ percentile did not get any the college from indore so u rvery correct that one need to have 90+ ... but more specific would be 95 percentile and when one is talking abot IMS than the percentile must be 99+ as for non MP students seats are very few.

Sir lalli....
Followings are the specifications and facts.
1. If u'r taking admission through ATMA, u'll b included as outside candidate, doesn't matter if u've spent ur whole life in MP.

2. Last to last year IMS cut off was 85%ile through ATMA, previous year it was 98.68, and this yr. we can't say much more after welingkar is also started accepting ATMA score. but this yr. it's deffinatly gonna be 98+

3.If u'r talking abt other instt. of Indore. Cut off of Vaishnav and Pioneer was arond 80.
Sir lalli....
Followings are the specifications and facts.
1. If u'r taking admission through ATMA, u'll b included as outside candidate, doesn't matter if u've spent ur whole life in MP.

2. Last to last year IMS cut off was 85%ile through ATMA, previous year it was 98.68, and this yr. we can't say much more after welingkar is also started accepting ATMA score. but this yr. it's deffinatly gonna be 98+

3.If u'r talking abt other instt. of Indore. Cut off of Vaishnav and Pioneer was arond 80.

Hello Puys
seniors i got 48 rank in mpmet i belong to general category tell me abt my chances in IMS my atma percentile is 99.49 so is there is any chance to be in IMS thru ATMA

My MET rank: 11th (female: 5th)
ATMA perc: 99.63

Am a proper MP candidate... with the domicile and all ... :satisfie:

Would take up IMS in the counselling scheduled for 16th of this month... ie... for candidates wanting to take admission thru ATMA... I dont want to wait till the 27th ... So will take it up this monday itself... :razz:

All the best to everyone ... :bigups:

Looking forward to interacting with the seniors ... :satisfie:

S... :angel:

hi.........resurrectedsoul.......congratzz.......u got thru welingkar's as well.....................so cheers.......so r u backing out of ims race....and ready to enjoy a joyful ride @ welingkar...??

@paggal

Naaah... I'm not interested in getting into the Retail Program.. Had it been the flagship PGDBM prog. of Welingkar... I would have most likely given it a thought...

I wanted to give a proper comparative study of Welingkar and IMS .. but as far as rules on PG go ... We r not supposed to compare any two instis on any thread... So may be i'd post a proper detailed account of IMS once am in...

But as of now.. its IMS for me... :satisfie:

And YES am STILL in the race...!!

All the best... :bigups:

@paggal

Naaah... I'm not interested in getting into the Retail Program.. Had it been the flagship PGDBM prog. of Welingkar... I would have most likely given it a thought...

I wanted to give a proper comparative study of Welingkar and IMS .. but as far as rules on PG go ... We r not supposed to compare any two instis on any thread... So may be i'd post a proper detailed account of IMS once am in...

But as of now.. its IMS for me... :satisfie:

And YES am STILL in the race...!!

All the best... :bigups:

hi
me too in delimna to go thru met since i hav 48 rank can u tell me wt r my chances for ims thru met. my atma is 99.49 is it possible to attend the counselling if i dont produce original marksheet of graduation i hav an attestd one wid me.
hi
me too in delimna to go thru met since i hav 48 rank can u tell me wt r my chances for ims thru met. my atma is 99.49 is it possible to attend the counselling if i dont produce original marksheet of graduation i hav an attestd one wid me.

I guess that wont be a problem :neutral:.... Many engg. student have not even got their final results yet... That ways... there'd be plenty of them without the qualifying exam marksheet... but then... if you've the attested xerox with you.. they might just ask for the original along with it... You never know dude...govt officials have a weird way of managing things... :sarcasm:

I'd suggest... get your original one with you just in case... :neutral:

And as far as you chances of getting IMS through MET go... i guess they are pretty bright... coz there'd be many dropouts from the counselling too.. Since this is the last one for this season ... With the CET allotments out ... and other pending results pouring in.. i personally think your chances of getting IMS through ATMA or MET should be decent.. :satisfie:

Best of luck...

S..

hi seniors,
i have sth to enquire from u,actually one of my friend from UTTAR PRADESH has cleared devi ahilyabai mgmt exam conducted all across the country and his counselling is scheduled on 16th july,i just wanted to know about the brach IB in davv ie what is the placement scenario of this specific branch?and one thing more, can u plz tell me r outside candidates applicable for other colleges in mp also(the one who r applying through davv admission test,not atma)

hi.. my mp quota rank is 52 in female quota 10 and all india rank 70 in cet.. my counselling is today itself.. can anyone pls tell wht r my chances of getting finance in IMS..

hi!!!
congo u all lucky ones who made thru IMS in 2day's councelling!!
i couldn't make it 2day 4 i had only 97.74%ile in ATMA but no probs as i hav28th rank in MP MET (overall) n 10th (female UR cat.):) so i m surely going to join u all lucky ones in IMS on 10th AUG.
best of luck to all those aspiring to get IMS thru MET!!

looking forward to interacting with all my new frnds n seniors !!:)