Improve your odds

Dear All, If you are an Indian/ Male/ IT/ Engineer aspiring to go abroad and pursue your MBA, welcome to the world of skewed supply and demand. We just belong to the cliche community that we have no other go but to indulge in activites that w…

Dear All,

If you are an Indian/ Male/ IT/ Engineer aspiring to go abroad and pursue your MBA, welcome to the world of skewed supply and demand. We just belong to the cliche community that we have no other go but to indulge in activites that would differentiate us among others through our application.This thread is to discuss all those opportunites and activities that could be helpful for us to stand out in our application. To put it simply, what should we do to improve our profile provided we have reasonable amount of time to invest.

To begin, I will narrate my own situation. Currently I am in Bangalore and I have around 3 yrs experience in IT industry and will have 4 years of exp by the time I hopefully join the MBA. I have 1 year of global experience of living and working in China. Though I can identify few chinese words, I am not so fluent in it. Hence to leverage my profile, I am contemplating on joing a chinese crash course nearby so that I can claim to be fluent in Chinese language. Some of the institutes I enquired, demand high price for this course, so I am confused if it is worth investing money. Do you guys have any reccommendations/ opinions in this regard?

Also what do you do guys? What are the activites are you indulging/ contempleting to add the extra 'WOW factor' in your profile?