Join this group to stay updated on latest current affairs and imporatant general knowledge that will be a part of your exams.
Kerala most at risk of cardiovascular disease, finds national survey:
Two recent national surveys of nearly 8,00,000 adults between 34 and 70 years, has found that people of Kerala — across sexes — were most at risk of cardiovascular diseases while those in Jharkhand were least likely to have the condition.
A gender break down, however, puts the women of Goa at highest mean cardiovascular risk at 16.73% while men in Himachal Pradesh and Nagaland were most vulnerable with mean cardiovascular risk of 24.23%.
Haryana launches 7-Star Gram Panchayat Rainbow scheme
What is 7-Star Panchayat Scheme:
- In a novel initiative, Haryana government has decided to give star rankings to its panchayats on the basis of seven social parameters under the state’s 7-Star Gram Panchayat Rainbow scheme.
- As many as 1,120 villages of the state have achieved the rankings under the scheme, launched in January 2018.
- Panchayats will be judged on sex ratio, education, hygiene, environment preservation, governance and social participation. The selected villages will be honoured at an award ceremony to be held in Panchkula, Gurugram and Rohtak next month.
- The third annual meeting of the Beijing-based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) began on June 25, 2018. This is the first time India is hosting the event.
- The meeting with the theme ‘Mobilizing Finance for Infrastructure’ was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- With the total project portfolios of US$4.4 Billion, India has been the largest borrower of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) lending since the time the Bank started its operations.
- The AIIB is a multilateral development bank that aims to support the building of infrastructure in the Asia-Pacific region. The bank currently has 86-member states from around the world.
NASA's ECOSTRESS set to correct agricultural water imbalances.
- ECOsystem Spaceborne Thermal Radiometre Experiment on Space Station, or ECOSTRESS will hitch a ride to the space station on a SpaceX cargo resupply mission scheduled to launch from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida on June 29.
- ECOSTRESS is one of two instruments selected in July for NASA's Earth Venture-Instrument series of missions.
- These missions are part of the Earth System Science Pathfinder program, managed by NASA's Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia, for NASA's Science Mission Directorate.
- The world largest oil refinery cum petrochemical project is set to come up in Maharashtra's Ratnagiri.
- And now, not only Saudi Arabia but the United Arab Emirates has also become India's partner in the endeavor.
- UAE's Abu Dhabi National Oil Company or ADNOC along with Saudi Arabia's ARAMCO will together have a 50% stake in the greenfield Ratnagiri refinery project.ADNOC signed an agreement with other stakeholders.
- While 50% stake will be shared between Aramco and Adnoc the rest will be with Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum and Bharat Petroleum.
- The project is being considered significant for India's energy security. All efforts are being to ensure that it goes into production by 2022.
- These include areas of naval cooperation, cybersecurity, culture, dvelopment projects among others.
- The MoUs were exchanged in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Seychelles President Danny Faure after the two leaders held bilateral and delegation level talks in Hyderabad House.
- Addressing a joint press conference with the visiting dignitary, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that his talks with President Faure were very fruitful and successful.
- The Prime Minister announced a line of credit worth 100 million USD for Seychelles.
- Its Capital is Victoria and Currency is Seychellois rupee.
British Queen approves Brexit law that will end membership of EU
- The Bill has undergone more than 250 hours of acrimonious debate in the Houses of Parliament since it was introduced in July 2017.
- A Bill enacting Britain’s decision to leave the European Union (E.U.) has become law after months of debate.
- The E.U. (Withdrawal) Bill, which repeals the 1972 European Communities Act through which Britain became a member, had received royal assent from Queen Elizabeth II.
- The Bill transfers decades of European law onto British statute books in a bid to avoid any legal disruption.
China to cut import tariffs on soybean, other products from India, Asia nations :
- China announced it will cut tariffs on soybean imports from India and four other Asia-Pacific countries to zero and reduce duties on a few more items as Beijing prepares for a looming trade war with Washington.
- The reduction of duties, announced by the State Council or China’s cabinet, will take effect from July 1. The decision reflected Beijing‘s efforts to seek alternative sources of items it needs at competitive products.
- China will reduce the tariffs on soybean imported from India, South Korea, Bangladesh, Laos and Sri Lanka from the current 3% to zero.
- Last week, Trump threatened to impose 10% tariffs on additional Chinese goods worth $200 billion.
Ruling party in Maldives proposes several amendments to electoral system:
MPs from the Progressive Party of the Maldives (PPM) put forward three amendment bills, two regarding the Presidential elections act and the other regarding the Elections Act.
- Maldivian would be barred from contesting a presidential election for 10 years after giving up dual nationality. The second change raises the deposit fee for Presidential candidate candidates from around 2,600 to 6,500 US dollars.
- The amendment would require a candidate to secure at least 50 percent of all valid votes instead of total votes cast, to win the poll.
- A Supreme court ruling in February to begin a retrial of the charges against nine opposition leaders including former President Mohammed Nasheed led to emergency in the country.
(English) 27 June 2018 Current Affairs Questions| Government Job Preparation| सरकारी नौकरी की तैयारी
- Udyam Sangam-2018 being organised by MSME Ministry on June 27, 2018 at – New Delhi
- Government plans to replace University Grants Commission by - Higher ElectionCommission
- Ministry of Shipping’s this flagship programme receives Gold Award at the 52nd Skoch Summit 2018 – Sagarmala
- On June 28-29, 2018 'Kabir Mahotsav' organised by the Union Ministry of Culture in state -Uttar Pradesh (Maghar)
- The 2+2 Dialogue for the Defence and foreign ministers of India and this country in July has been postponed – US
- On June 27, the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) put this country in the Gray list because of failed to control its terrorism financing - Pakistan
National Doctors Day: 1 July
• The first day of the month of July is observed as the Doctor's Day in India. The day is observed to express gratitude and acknowledge the dedication and commitment of the doctors' towards our society.
• Doctor's Day in India was established by the Government of India in 1991 to be recognized and celebrated every year on 1st of July as National Doctors day.
• It is celebrated on 1st of July on the birth and death anniversary of the most famous physician of India Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy (Dr. B C Roy).
• The Artificial Intelligence (AI) Task Force of the Ministry of Defence led by Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran on Saturday submitted its final report to Defence Minister on using AI for military superiority.
• The task force was constituted in February 2018 to study the strategic implications of AI in national security perspective and in a global context. It is a multi-stakeholder group comprising members from government, services, academia, industry and start-ups.
• The report, which studied the level of AI or machine learning (ML) development in India mainly in context of defence needs, suggested making India a significant power of AI in defence specifically in the area of aviation, naval, land systems, cyber, nuclear and biological warfare.
• The government will on July 1, 2018 celebrate GST Day, to mark the first anniversary of the launch of the new indirect taxation regime.
• Most states and union territories have implemented the E-Way bill system so far. The E-Way bill system was introduced country-wide for all inter-state movement of goods with effect from April 1, 2018. For intra-state movement, it was decided to be rolled out in a phased manner.
• Goods and Services Tax (GST) was rolled out in the intervening night of June 30 and July 1, last year, in a ceremony held in the Central Hall of Parliament.
MAIDS ranked 'best dental college' in India:
- The Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences (MAIDS) under the Government of NCT of Delhi has been ranked the "Best Dental College in India” for the seventh year in a row.
- The evaluation was done on the basis of reports of independent rating agencies of Hansa Research, Drshti Strategic Research Services and Nielsen India.
- MAIDS outshone 310 dental colleges to become No 1 in dental education in India.
- The MAIDS is the first and only dental hospital in India to be accredited by the National Accreditation of Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH).
- The institute offers a five-year undergraduate programme, Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), with an annual intake of 40 students and is the only government institute to offer a postgraduate program, Master of Dental Surgery (MDS), in all nine dental specialties.
Bhakti saint Ramanuja statue to become world’s second tallest statue:
The statue of the Bhakti saint marking a millennium will be the world’s second tallest when unveiled.
- the world’s second tallest statue of a seated figure, at 216 feet. And it is a tribute to the Bhakti saint, Ramanujacharya.
- The saint lived 1,000 years ago and travelled widely, spreading the message of equality.
- Currently, the Great Buddha of Thailand is the tallest statue, at 302-feet.
ICICI Bank appoints GC Chaturvedi as Chairman:
- ICICI Bank has appointed former bureaucrat Girish Chandra Chaturvedi as non-executive, part-time chairman and an independent director of the board for three years with effect from July 1.
- Mr. Chaturvedi, a former Indian Administrative Service officer, retired in 2013 as the petroleum secretary.
- He has also served on the boards of Canara Bank, Bank of Baroda and IDBI Bank as a government nominee. ICICI Bank’s present chairman M.K. Sharma’s term expires on June 30.
- In a filing, the bank said the appointment, subject to RBI’s approval, would “ensure a seamless and smooth transition of leadership and would address stakeholder concerns in this behalf.
- The bank is facing a crisis as allegations of conflict of interest have been levelled against MD and CEO Chanda Kochhar. It has formed a committee under former SC Judge B.N. Srikrishna to look into the allegations.
FREE PDFs For Government Jobs: Current Affairs, SSC, Banking, Railways, State and UPSC-
This page is specially built for aspirants or students preparing for their upcoming government exams in order to get their desired government job. Check out free downloadable PDFs for current affairs, SSC, Banking, Railways, State and UPSC.