Imperial (Tanaka) Business School 2010-2011 Applicants

Hi…this thread is for candidates applying to Imperial Business School for the session commencing in fall 2010…You can share your interview and application experiences here…Imperial alumni is requested to share their college experiences also…

Hi...this thread is for candidates applying to Imperial Business School for the session commencing in fall 2010...You can share your interview and application experiences here...Imperial alumni is requested to share their college experiences also...lets make this thread lively and help all to resolve their queries...

thread moved to international B Schools section.

gmatps Says
Hi...this thread is for candidates applying to Imperial Business School for the session commencing in fall 2010...You can share your interview and application experiences here...Imperial alumni is requested to share their college experiences also...lets make this thread lively and help all to resolve their queries...

I have an admit at Imperial
3yrs/IT + Marketing/700

--
Laksh

I have an admit too..
3 Yrs/IT/660..

Haven't been asked to pay the deposit yet though.

Could you please tell me how much time it takes for Imperial to process the application. I submitted the application on 23rd Feb but all my recommendations were sent by 1st March.
The tracking page shows 'application received'. What are the further stages for the application? How was your interview conducted? Thanks.

Well, they invited me for a telephonic interview a week after I had submitted my application. (After reviewing my application)

The interview had 2 rounds. One with one of the faculty members and the second one with one of the members of the careers team. Both the interviews are back to back and will be held on the same day.

And your application will be reviewed formally only after your recommendations have been received. To answer your first question, It will take them about a week to process your application. But then again, it depends on how busy they are...

Good luck! 😃

Thank you Drogbafan. I hope I receive information about my application status soon. Congratulations for your admit.
I have GMAT-720 GPA 3.5 TOEFL 114.
Good achievements throughout.
3.5 years experienced. 1.5 in MNC and 2 years in a start-up.
I applied to Imperial because of its reputation in Entrepreneurship and innovation. Hope I get an i/v call.

Is anyone in touch with any seniors/alumnus of Imperial. I wanted to know details of the current placement scenario...

I hear that Imperial has so far given our admits to 10 indians already... Lets try to get in touch through pagalguy or some google groups

Could you please tell me how much time it takes for Imperial to process the application. I submitted the application on 23rd Feb but all my recommendations were sent by 1st March.
The tracking page shows 'application received'. What are the further stages for the application? How was your interview conducted? Thanks.

In my case it took too long. I had a face to face interview with Mr Ebrahim Mohammed in Delhi in Nov end during to QS World MBA tour. This was a pre application interview. Finally I formally applied by 15th Jan 2010. After that I had another interview/discussion with the careers team Emma Cooper on 4th Feb after getting delayed due to some reasons. After that my application went to a special case board as I didn't have a distinction in my Bachelors. (Its a mandate for Imperial)..... They took a long time and finally I got my admit on 11th March ..

--
Laksh
Is anyone in touch with any seniors/alumnus of Imperial. I wanted to know details of the current placement scenario...

I hear that Imperial has so far given our admits to 10 indians already... Lets try to get in touch through pagalguy or some google groups

I spoke to one person who is studying in Imperial.. He told me that there is no concept of campus placement at Imperial. You need to make your contacts to land a job after the MBA.

But having said that, London is one of the major cities in the world, so the opportunities are good there. Getting a job is difficult but not impossible.
Well, they invited me for a telephonic interview a week after I had submitted my application. (After reviewing my application)

The interview had 2 rounds. One with one of the faculty members and the second one with one of the members of the careers team. Both the interviews are back to back and will be held on the same day.

And your application will be reviewed formally only after your recommendations have been received. To answer your first question, It will take them about a week to process your application. But then again, it depends on how busy they are...

Good luck! :)

hey Drogbafan,

congrats on your admit :)

i too have a careers interview with Ms. Kira Hughes on Tuesday - 16th March. I already had an interview with Mr. Ebrahim Mohamed during the MBA tour in India.
Can you tell me what can i expect in the careers interview? How different is this from the first interview? Is it a conversation or a proper formal interview with standard Q&A;'s? Anything specific that you would like to add on this?

thank you in advance.

regards,
avinash

Hey Avinash,

Well, the careers interview is a very casual chat. They just try and understand what your career goals are and tell you about the careers team. Feel free to ask a lot of questions here. Be cool and be confident about what you want to do.

My second interview (with the careers team) lasted only for 10 mins and was a very friendly one.

Good luck with your interview and do let me know what happened. 😃

Hey Avinash,

Well, the careers interview is a very casual chat. They just try and understand what your career goals are and tell you about the careers team. Feel free to ask a lot of questions here. Be cool and be confident about what you want to do.

My second interview (with the careers team) lasted only for 10 mins and was a very friendly one.

Good luck with your interview and do let me know what happened. :)

Hey Drogbafan,

thanks for your prompt response and your useful inputs. just for 10 mins? well, mine is scheduled for half hour 😉 lets see...
sure, i will let you know what happens :)

regards,
avinash

Hi All,

Nice to c that a thread is created for Imperial B-School 2010-11 applicants. I have got an admit for fall 2010. my profile
640/IT/3 years. Looking forward to a useful interaction here.

Regards...

Hi All,

Is it a good idea to apply to imperial now consideering that they have already given admits to 10 indians... Has anybody got scholarship?

Thanks...

Hi All,

Is it a good idea to apply to imperial now consideering that they have already given admits to 10 indians... Has anybody got scholarship?

Thanks...

I did not get any scholarship 😞 . But still.. Its a good idea to apply. They give out admissions keeping in mind that all people who are offered an admit will not join the college. They always have a buffer.

So, go ahead. Apply and Good luck.. 😃

If you think the MBA Course suits your post-MBA career goals, the B-school is right for you and you have a good enough profile to get into Imperial you should apply. Don't think much about the fact that they have already admitted Indians. Probably some of them had Imperial as the safe option and will move onto Oxford/Cambridge/Cranfield.

Was anyone interviewed by Dr Catarina Sismeiro???
If yes, then please urgently share your interview experience with her...

Was anyone interviewed by Dr Catarina Sismeiro???
If yes, then please urgently share your interview experience with her...

Could you please let us know when you had submitted the application and when you got an interview call?