IMI WAT/PI Call Getters (2013-2015)

*Congrats to all the call getters of IMI for the batch 2013-15. Here's the shortlist: http://admission.imi.edu/status.aspx This thread is meant for all the call getters to discuss about the forthcoming WAT/PI rounds and post their experi...

Congrats to all the call getters of IMI for the batch 2013-15. Here's the shortlist:

http://admission.imi.edu/status.aspx

This thread is meant for all the call getters to discuss about the forthcoming WAT/PI rounds and post their experiences, as and when they happen.

Congrats again, and all the very best!!! :cheers:

Carrying the tale forward:
A robust and vibrant mentorship program has been developed and launched by the students of IMI to assist applicants in their journey to B school. Interested applicants are advised to identify their Mentors from the list given in the link below and connect with their respective mentors.

http://imi.edu/page_show/news_one?nid=33

Some frequently asked questions:
1. What is the total number of seats?
Ans. The total number of seats is as follows:
PGDM: 180
PGDM-HR: 60

2.What is the weightage given to CAT score for final selection?
Ans.Last year the weightage given to CAT score in the final selection was zero.
Cutoffs Criteria:
PGDM-Delhi :

CAT percentile - overall 92, Quant 60 ; Verbal 70; GMAT 650, Xth 65%, XII 65% ; Graduation 60%
PGDHRM :

CAT percentile- overall 85, Quant 60 ; Verbal 65; GMAT 600, Xth 60%, XIIth 60%; Graduation 60%

Bhubaneswar and Kolkata:

CAT percentile-overall 50, GMAT 500, Xth 60%, XIIth 60%; Graduation 60%

3. What are the parameters considered in the final selection process?
Ans.Last year the following weightages were given to the different parameters:

a)10th marks, 12th marks, Graduation marks......roughly 30-35% weightage
b)Work experience, Psychometric test, Essay writing & background.....30-35% weightage
c)Personal Interview........35-40% weightage

The above are only indicative and NOT the final criteria for the current year.

4.When is the WAT/PI scheduled?
Ans. Tentative Dates:
February 18, 2013 for New Delhi
March 4-17,2013 for Out station centres.

GD/PI would be held in all major cities.Aspirants mostly get allocated their first preference.In some cases, due to very low preference for a centre, a centre may get scrapped and the 2nd preference would be allotted.

5.Can I change my WAT/PI centre/date?
Last year change in WAT/PI centre/date was accommodated for some genuine cases.We are not sure what will be the rules this year.If the admin decides to accommodate requests for WAT/PI date/centre changes, you have to call the admissions office and make the request(after sending a mail in this regard).

Previous Year WAT/PI experience thread
http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/imi-gd-slash-pi-call-getters-2012-14-t-78214/p-3245786/r-3398584?page=1

Any Issues regarding Admission process
Admission Office
Ms. Shyamala Ramachandran
011-47194176
[email protected]

Be very discreet while calling , if the issue cant be resolved on this thread

Some details about the next round which might be helpful for all the shortlisted candidates:
The process will consist of Essay Writing, Extempore, Panel Interview, Psychometric Test.

The reporting time for all candidates will be 9 AM and the process may stretch till late afternoon/ evening.

As you would have understood there will not be any GD round.

The interview process would typically be longer and extensive.

@gautam22 said:
@sugandhasinha mam i fail to understand y last year most(almost 95%) of d candidates with percentile in range of 97+ and good acads were not selected , can u explain y?
It depends on your performance in the Essay, Psychometric and Personal Interview. Now, once the shortlist based on the CAT score is out, the percentile has no weightage in your final convert.
@sugandhasinha Is there any chance of the delhi cutoff coming down? I missed it by 0.74 percentile! :/
@Summer2012 said:
@sugandhasinha Is there any chance of the delhi cutoff coming down? I missed it by 0.74 percentile! :/
No, no option now :(
@ie001341 said:
@sugandhasinhaIs the process same for IMI B too ...or will there be a different process....
You need to refer to the relevant thread ! :)
http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/2013-2015-imi-bhubaneswar-t-85762/p-3603223?page=14

why do they write the selection criteria as 50% and above in grad when they actually always shortlist people who have 60% and above!!!

Is IMI flexible enough to allow people to change their centres for GD/PI?

Chalo, 'change of dates' ka bhi bata dena
@sugandhasinha
Is there any facebook group for the selected candidates...If not kindly make 1 seniors....It would be helpful for all....
@gautam22 said:
but den how come every1 wid percentile greater dan 97 had bad essay , psy and PI? or is it d best example of coincidence

What !?!?! Aisa hua kya?

No selections for people with more than 97 percentile?

97+ percentile wale aur achche college mein jayenge.... yeh 90-95 percentile walon ke liye chor do bhai..! 😉

Shortlisted for PGDM-HR only
Seniors please throw some light on how this course at IMI is?
What Is the average package?

@ashesh5388 90-95 waalon ko bh nh bulaya... missed at 90.7

seniors help please!!!

is it worth to spend 12 lakhs on pgdhrm?coz avg placement is of 8 lakhs!!!

Mere ko yeh batao ki did we choose the centre for GDPI in our application forms? :s

@Bugsy123 yes we did
@Rinky_Sachdeva - koi baat nahi.....yahan 95 percentile pe bhi mann ke colleges haath nahi aa rahe.. :(

how are the pgdhrm placements going on for this year?

chalo got the call..!!

7th call of the season...good for me..!!!
@Ankita_Cheena said:
@Bugsy123 yes we did
And, do we see our choices in the application form? I'm unable to locate it. :(

Edit: Please ignore this. I got it.