IMI India Final Placements 2005

IMI Placements On A Roll IMI Placements at a Glance Entire batch (119 students) placed in hours 45 companies - like Oracle, Citibank, AT Kearney, Idea Cellular and Maruti - came to IMI campus this year Average salary: R…

IMI Placements On A Roll
IMI Placements at a Glance

Entire batch (119 students) placed in hours

45 companies - like Oracle, Citibank, AT Kearney, Idea Cellular and Maruti - came to IMI campus this year

Average salary: Rs. 5.2 lakhs, Median salary: Rs 4.8 lakhs

Highest salary: Rs. 7.1 lacs

IMI is ranked in the A+ (topmost) category by All India Management ...

IMI is India's first industry-sponsored business school and was established by companies like ITC, RPG Group and Nestle in 1981
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The entire batch of 119 MBA students at IMI was placed in few fast-paced hours, with handsome salary packages.The average salary package offered was of Rs. 5.2 lacs. The maximum package offered was Rs 7.1 lacs, with many companies offering packages over Rs. 6 lakhs. The median salary offered to the batch was Rs 4.8 lakhs.

Companies that came visiting the campus were from diverse sectors - from banking and insurance to technology, pharmaceuticals, automobiles, consulting, industrial products, market research, credit rating agencies, telecom, power, real estate, consumer durables and media companies. All in all, with 45 companies visiting the IMI campus for placements, the students had a wide array of companies and industry segments to choose from.

Amongst the companies that visited IMI this year for placements, there were: Citibank, HDFC, ICICI, Indus Ind (banking); Oracle, TCS, HCL Comnet (technology); CARE (credit rating agency); McKinsey KC, AT Kearney (research); Ranbaxy, Torrent (pharma); MetLife, Iffco Tokio (insurance); DCM Sriram Consolidated Ltd., JK group (industrial products); ACNielsen ORG-MARG, IMRB (market research); Radio Mirchi, ABP (media); Indiabulls, CitiFinancial (financial services); CEAT, CB Richard Ellis, E-value serve, PFC and Maruti.

The most popular sector for the students at IMI this year was, undoubtedly, banking - with the top banks like Citibank, HDFC, ICICI; picking up, in all, 32 students. The star recruiter at IMI this year was Citigroup, which recruited 12 people, even as HDFC and ICICI picked up 7 students each.

The recruiters, having found the good quality of people that they were looking for, went back happy. As a comment, consider the fact that 80% of the recruiters this year have recruited from IMI in the past. Not to say that new-generation companies like Oracle, Idea Cellular, Radio Mirchi and Newgen Technologies also turned up at IMI campus for quality recruits.

Though the placement week at IMI was scheduled from January 10th to 16th, all the students were placed within a few hours. Many prestigious companies had to draw a blank as they visited IMI campus 'too late'.

IMI - India's first corporate-sponsored B-school - was established by companies like ITC, RPG Group and Nestle in 1981, and the institute has maintained its strong ties with the industry. This is also reflected in the extremely good placements of the institute's MBA batch of 2003-05. With a special focus on nurturing managers and leaders of international caliber, the school; ranked in the A+ (topmost) category by All India Management ...; places a special emphasis on the same in its curriculum. The institute has been ... with some of the leading international business schools. Started in collaboration with IMI Geneva (now IMD Lausanne), today, the institute has a thriving student exchange programme with Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok and ESC Rennes, France. In as much, the institute offers courses in 3 foreign languages to its students. IMI is India's premier business school with an international perspective and is located in the heart of the capital with world-... faculty and infrastructure.

In short, IMI has lived up to, rather exceeded, the expectations of its founders and is true to its character of being India's first corporate-sponsored business school.

ciao..

Truly IMI is on a roll and curtz's mail auguments the crave to join this prestigious institute in the capital....

heavens!!! 119 placed in hours!!!....many companies drew a blank JUST BECOZ these GUYS WERE LATE.........Thank you curtz ; your mail provides me the impetus needed to deliver my best for GD/PI.....and the picture is undoubtedly clear...guys u got to deliver your best shot cause with these placement records....the competition is just getting real TOUGHER......

see ya,
Emperor

imi rocks!!!

jay

i wanna know whether these salary figures include cost to the companies
or not

me thinks all these salaries posted and those bythe premierer b-schools is always cost to company.......

increses the amount which the b-schools quote in various business magazines

a very important and often the most hotly debated question raised .....i would like to clear IMI's stance here...yes the figure quoted includes ctc but not the whole component of ctc..it includes only those components of ctc which allows u to save from pocket like one being House Rent Allowance or vehicle allowance. i think if the co. pays u these allowances it is as good as if they pay the same as cash @ hand...

like if u take the case of some majors like ranbaxy....these corporates say that if u add their training cost and some other facilities ur ctc reaches to nearly 10-11 lakhs...now we don't quote that figure we only take the part of ctc which is as good as cash in hand...this is about how we tabulate in IMI...about other b-skools i can't say...

ciao...

Good placements for sure

my heartiest congratulaions to all the IMI people...way to go maan...
all the best to the second year guys for all their future endeavours..
Cheers
Sandy

a very important and often the most hotly debated question raised .....i would like to clear IMI's stance here...yes the figure quoted includes ctc but not the whole component of ctc..it includes only those components of ctc which allows u to save from pocket like one being House Rent Allowance or vehicle allowance. i think if the co. pays u these allowances it is as good as if they pay the same as cash @ hand...

like if u take the case of some majors like ranbaxy....these corporates say that if u add their training cost and some other facilities ur ctc reaches to nearly 10-11 lakhs...now we don't quote that figure we only take the part of ctc which is as good as cash in hand...this is about how we tabulate in IMI...about other b-skools i can't say...

ciao...

thnx dude, for giving a clear picture of ur placements... :smile: WTG...!!!

IMI Rocks!
And with a new DG in place, things are looking even better now!

Well IMI was always rocking . Yes Change of guard with CSV as DG is a good change. Nitish Sengupta had made it a Govt. Institution and all the good faculty had quit. I remember Mukul Gupta, J D Singh, Devi Singh etc. they were the best and now have gone to greener pastures e.g., MDI, IIML, etc.

I feel all BSchools which are in top 20 list are equally good. Ultimately it boils down to how good you yourself are and the networking school has with its alumni. This networking would obviously be better in older BSchools like IIMs, FMS etc. Now ith Prof. MM Anand from FMS looking after placements and Alumni activities, IMI is bound to lead from the front...Cheers!!

45 companies - like Oracle, Citibank, AT Kearney, Idea Cellular and Maruti - came to IMI campus this year

Average salary: Rs. 5.2 lakhs, Median salary: Rs 4.8 lakhs

Highest salary: Rs. 7.1 lacs

so wat about the lowest salary??

well the lowest was around 3 l.p.a...but in it the ctc component was preety less...

ciao..

i don't understand what is ctc---throw some gyaan on it.

i have searched the net but havnt understood. cud only know its full form cost-to-company

CTC, as you rightly pointed out is the Cost to the company. Many companies don't give you a clear idea of how much Cash you would end up getting in hand. All they tell you is the total pay package. This package includes non-monetary benefits like Accomodation, Telephone, Training Costs etc. To inflate the figures, companies will give you Child Education Allowance (if you are unmarried) or some insurance policy that you do not need ;-), or they will say that the training that they are providing you is worth some mindless figure. This is how a 30,000 cash in hand can easily become 5-6 lakh package.

ET article which throws some light on CTC..
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1063301.cms

puys,
anybody having any idea about 2007 placements...?
I'm joining imi-delhi 2008-10 batch after 1.8 yrs work-ex from Syntel Ltd....
:angry:

puys,
anybody having any idea about 2007 placements...?
I'm joining imi-delhi 2008-10 batch after 1.8 yrs work-ex from Syntel Ltd....
:angry:

Please search for the latest report in the Placement Section.