IMI DELHI GD/PI Experiences!!

Hey guys… IMI Gd/Pi’s are starting from tommorow at Hyderabad…ATB to Fellow PGs who will be facing the Gd/Pi’s there… BEST OF lUCK To all IMI wannabe’s… Guys we are waiting for ur GD/PI experiences… :: : :: : :: ::

Hey guys...
IMI Gd/Pi's are starting from tommorow at Hyderabad..ATB to Fellow PGs who will be facing the Gd/Pi's there....

BEST OF lUCK To all IMI wannabe's..
Guys we are waiting for ur GD/PI experiences..

: :

Nice initiative Rahul, I was thinking of starting this thread tommorow..u beat me 😃 BTW, I suggest all the people post their experiences in a proper format. e.g

Name: (leave blank if u want to remain anonymous)

Course applied for:
PGP/PGPHR/Both

Venue:
(City Name)

Background:
Engineer/Commerce/etc.

Workex:
(Details)

GD topic and details

Essay topic

Interview Details

Any other relevant information

Please follow this format as it will be more useful for the others. We'll also post these experiences on the Unofficial Blog of IMI Students

All the Best to all of you!

Cheers!!

Hey anurag...
I have my gd/pi in delhi...call letter not reached yet...i have a query though...i marked the hr course in the form..even wen i was not interested..now i hav got a call from both courses...shud i expect some ques on HR choice of mine in PIs and wat shud i do abt that..
PS:I m guilty also that smbody was denied a call bcoz of me..i m sorry guys...

Hey anurag...
I have my gd/pi in delhi...call letter not reached yet...i have a query though...i marked the hr course in the form..even wen i was not interested..now i hav got a call from both courses...shud i expect some ques on HR choice of mine in PIs and wat shud i do abt that..
PS:I m guilty also that smbody was denied a call bcoz of me..i m sorry guys...

That's a tricky situation, they will definitely ask you some HR questions and they may also ask you why you had applied for PGPHR...make sure you cook up a good story and prepare a solid defense in case you want to back out of PGPHR 😃 BTW, let's keep this thread for sharing the GD/PI experiences only...for queries, we can continue to use http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/queries-related-to-imi-delhi-post-them-here-25010371

Cheers!!

plz help........till now IMI hasn't sent my interview letter..........and interview on 20-23th in chandigarh..........what to do.......IMI phones always busy.......may be they kept receiver a side..........help......

Hey i have the same problem....
got a call for pgpm and hr but not received the call letter yet.
not managing to get through on the phone and havent got a response to my e-mail query yet.....
does anyone else face the same problem? what should we do?

Can anyone give the link to last year's GDPI experiences? I tried to search but no success!:(

sinhamanish84 Says
Can anyone give the link to last year's GDPI experiences? I tried to search but no success!:(

Here u go

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/imi-results-out-mg-25006085

Cheers!
sinhamanish84 Says

www.pagalguy.com/forum/260369-post1.html
well this the link.go ahead and atb.
hey rahul me too facing the same problem as youticked off hr just for the sake of marking itnot at all interested in doin hrnow i m in fix on how to justify itwat kind of story would u be cooking up??? mostly prbly i would tell them the truth .

about wasting the seat i share ur feelingsknow the importance of a seat

n hyd guys pls post ur experiences...

bye-bye...

Hey, this is my first post here..
Has anyone from Delhi received a call letter ? Ive read that the GD/PI in delhi is starting from 27th however, havent receieved an official letter yet!Have they even be dispatched yet?..

Hey, this is my first post here..
Has anyone from Delhi received a call letter ? Ive read that the GD/PI in delhi is starting from 27th however, havent receieved an official letter yet!Have they even be dispatched yet?..

will find out and let u know the status of the interview letters, anyways theres still lots of time for your interview ,be rest assured yuo'll get the letter well in time.
and a request to everyone.....THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR GD/PI EXPERIENCES.....direct all your queries here
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/queries-related-to-imi-delhi-post-them-here-25010371

cheers
gaurav

Hi guys I had my IMI PI on 13th at Hyderabad.

Course applied for: PGP and PGPHR

Venue: Hyderabad

Background: Engineer(Electronics and Communications Engg.)-2005 passout

Workex: Worked with my Uncle who is a paper dealer at Hyderabad

Process:Starts off with an essay followed by an Extempore and then the PI.

Essay topic - "Are we unfit for Democracy" was the topic we had.One of us will be asked to pick a chit and then if the group is comfortable with the topic then we are asked to go ahead with the essay writing part or else you can take the other chit and if you do select the second chit you cannot go back to the first topic.The time given is 10 mins to write the essay and 5 mins to organize your thoughts.

GD topic and details - Surprise Surprise we did not have a GD.We were a group of 10 present at the venue at 2.00 PM that day.We had an extempore thing.My topic was "Water and its importance in daily life".You are given a few chits and asked to select from them.If you are not comfortable with the topic you have picked then you can choose another one but once you do that you cannot revert back to the first topic.Everyone got pretty simple topics for the extempore thing.You are given a minute to organize your thoughts and 2 mins to speak about the topic.

Interview Details
The interview was a very chilled affair.I was asked questions mainly related to my hobbies.Then they asked me why I had applied to both the PGP and HR course.Then a few questions on my academics that too very simple ones.
The interview lasted for about 15 mins.

All the best to others out there.

hey spaniard i think u had a gr8 interview.people keep posting in your GD/PI experiences.and about the extempore thing so all of you get prepared for it.

are all the candidates for the HR course having their GDPI on the 21st of feb in Kolkata, aand will they also have the essay writing instead of gd???:

hi,
anybody there who has attended the GD/PI. i have got the date as 18th feb in Trivandrum. would like to know what surprises to expect

Here u go

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/imi-results-out-mg-25006085

Cheers!

can anyone help me out i am shortlisted but i did not recieve a call letter yet, do we get a letter or should we go there on the dates mentioned on the website
Hi guys I had my IMI PI on 13th at Hyderabad.

Course applied for: PGP and PGPHR

Venue: Hyderabad

Background: Engineer(Electronics and Communications Engg.)-2005 passout

Workex: Worked with my Uncle who is a paper dealer at Hyderabad

Process:Starts off with an essay followed by an Extempore and then the PI.

Essay topic - "Are we unfit for Democracy" was the topic we had.One of us will be asked to pick a chit and then if the group is comfortable with the topic then we are asked to go ahead with the essay writing part or else you can take the other chit and if you do select the second chit you cannot go back to the first topic.The time given is 10 mins to write the essay and 5 mins to organize your thoughts.

GD topic and details - Surprise Surprise we did not have a GD.We were a group of 10 present at the venue at 2.00 PM that day.We had an extempore thing.My topic was "Water and its importance in daily life".You are given a few chits and asked to select from them.If you are not comfortable with the topic you have picked then you can choose another one but once you do that you cannot revert back to the first topic.Everyone got pretty simple topics for the extempore thing.You are given a minute to organize your thoughts and 2 mins to speak about the topic.

Interview Details
The interview was a very chilled affair.I was asked questions mainly related to my hobbies.Then they asked me why I had applied to both the PGP and HR course.Then a few questions on my academics that too very simple ones.
The interview lasted for about 15 mins.

All the best to others out there.

hehe...funny...but i know a lot of people have applied to both the programs just like that...what have you answered by the way when you were asked Why both programs..??

Kindly enlighten...that will always help out a lot of guys over here...

Thanks in advance

Rikesh

hey frenz the imi people r having only 3 rounds

1. essay writing
2. extempore
3. interview

inteview is quite cool so dont be tensed be cool