IMI Delhi Admissions 2010-12

Sir,

can you please tell the link of bank branches where the form is available..

Hello Buddy,

All the Best !!

@ Ur signature shows u had IMI call last yr ... Just asking out of curiousity

Thanks for the wishes ..

yea sir... i had IMI PGDM call last year... didnt apply for HR last year.... but , was not able to attend it because i had my GD/PI center as Delhi and i was in Mysore during that time ... could not manage to get leave from office and attend it...

this time, i will be going with bangalore as GD/PI center ..

Does IMI Delhi has sectional cut offs ?

wrong post, sorry

AMIT_007_001 Says
There were sectional cutoffs of 50 %ile for both programs...

yea.. i just checked it out... and edited the post... thanks..

as per the brochure..they have not mentioned about bank branches.... i think , i will have to go for DD Option ... anyways, thanks!

Please help me out with the link where i can put my queries for 1 yr program at IMI.

Hello. I have a small query which I presume can be solved by any student currently in IMI, or any Puy who followed the admission process closely last year.

My profile is as follows:
SSC: 79.xx%
HSC: 66.xx%
BE: 54.xx%

I've heard that IMI places a considerable amount of importance on one's past academic record. Also, they have started giving out profile-based calls (I'm pretty sure I'm mistaken here though), using CAT scores only as a filter.

My query is, simply put, what are my chances if I score exceptionally well in CAT? For theoretical purposes, let's assume that my GDPI is strictly average.

Is there any information about how many people apply and how many are given calls?

Hi...
I have a query.i'm a fresh commerce grad.i scored X-88.2%,XII-82.2%,grad-83.5%.i have no great extra curricular background.if i score 95-96%ile in CAT 09 with sectional cutoffs of atleast 50%ile,do i have chances of getting a call from IMI for PGDM HR or i don't stand a chance because of profile based calls?

Hello. I have a small query which I presume can be solved by any student currently in IMI, or any Puy who followed the admission process closely last year.

My profile is as follows:
SSC: 79.xx%
HSC: 66.xx%
BE: 54.xx%

I've heard that IMI places a considerable amount of importance on one's past academic record. Also, they have started giving out profile-based calls (I'm pretty sure I'm mistaken here though), using CAT scores only as a filter.

My query is, simply put, what are my chances if I score exceptionally well in CAT? For theoretical purposes, let's assume that my GDPI is strictly average.

Is there any information about how many people apply and how many are given calls?

About your profile, your grad score is a bit of a problem area but that's not to say that it's going to be the major reason for your rejection, surely not.

Last year, IMI did give out profile based calls but some confusion ensued and due to that, IMI followed a normal policy of 95%ile cutoff without any emphasis on the profile. Whether the profile based method would be followed this time or not.... it's hard to tell right now but if you do score well in CAT, it's not going to go waste.

However, you're right in observing that the 95%ile criteria was only a filter for shortlisting people for GD/PI and it had no weightage in further processes. So putting that in perspective, your GD/PI has to be better than average for you to get through but as I said earlier, there's nothing to say that you can't get through even with your low grad numbers. We've got a few people in our batch having pretty low numbers :)

As of last year, around 10000 people applied and about 450-500 people converted their calls, i.e. final selections after GD/PI
Hi...
I have a query.i'm a fresh commerce grad.i scored X-88.2%,XII-82.2%,grad-83.5%.i have no great extra curricular background.if i score 95-96%ile in CAT 09 with sectional cutoffs of atleast 50%ile,do i have chances of getting a call from IMI for PGDM HR or i don't stand a chance because of profile based calls?

I don't think you should be worried as your numbers are pretty good. Don't harp too much on the 50%ile sectional cutoff as it may go up if seemed required. Focus more on getting a good and balanced score and the rest should take care of itself.

Great effort Amit by starting the thread. I would like to slightly correct you. The sectional cut off last year was 70%tile and not 50 as mentioned by you in your previous post. BTW I would urge the applicants to go through the Mandatory Disclosure. It'll resolve many of your queries.

Further People can apply online through
On line Admission

Buddy, no thread has been started for posting queries related to IMI ExPGDM 2009-10 Program admissions as of now... If you have any general queries, u can PM Me or can also post it here, will try to get someone from ExPGDM batch to reply to it...

Thanks !!

does the 1 yr program accept cat score as well or only the gmat score. considering my profile, given below, what do you suggest how much gmat score should put me on the safer side to fetch a call.
10: 74%
12: 70%
BE: 71%
work ex (as on march 31 2010): 4yrs 10 months
Industry: IT (3 months in an NGO)
onsite: nil
extracurricular: decent.

Also, if you can provide me the placement details of the last batch, it will be helpful to me.
does the 1 yr program accept cat score as well or only the gmat score. considering my profile, given below, what do you suggest how much gmat score should put me on the safer side to fetch a call.
10: 74%
12: 70%
BE: 71%
work ex (as on march 31 2010): 4yrs 10 months
Industry: IT (3 months in an NGO)
onsite: nil
extracurricular: decent.

Also, if you can provide me the placement details of the last batch, it will be helpful to me.

No,
One year program doesn't accepts CAT score. Can't comment on the GMAT score for sure call as of now as it's too early to say that. You can probably contact some of the Ex PGDM Guys, whose ids may be obtained from http://www.imi.edu/Placements/
Hello Fellow Puys !!

Process for Admissions 2010 at International Management Institute (IMI) , New Delhi for PGDM & PGDMHR (2010-12) Batches has started ...

Please Use this thread for posting all your queries regarding the IMI Admissions Process here. I can assure you the Quick Responses from Seniors ( Continuing the IMI Tradition )

All the Best for the Admissions Process !!!

Hey puys .. i hope i am not late .. but to all those who are going for buying the IMI prospectus and going to future IMI ... they are going to feel very secure .. because IMI senior at Pg are one of the best. . last year they provide a lot of help to each and every puy .. with their smallest enquiry .. SO kudos to them for their efforts and i know they will follow the same suite this time too..

Second thing which i thought i will mention whenever next year i will read the admission opening is that ... the admission process and transparency was very impressive and professionals. This i can say from my experience what i felt ... i can't judge other than that .. but the way IMI senior and management .. helps each aspirant and the process they followed in gd/pi was better than i saw in other colleges .. .so hope this process will go on

Thanks you
All the best ...

PS : The views follow in this post are personal .. and neither their for defaming or making a FACT to be followed by other but to ... make newbies and first timer to have a better veiw of the experience of aspirant like you .. and still an aspirant

PPS : for proof read last year thread .. .

PPPS : this post is gratitude from me to senior who help people like me .. :-P
Hey puys .. i hope i am not late .. but to all those who are going for buying the IMI prospectus and going to future IMI ... they are going to feel very secure .. because IMI senior at Pg are one of the best. . last year they provide a lot of help to each and every puy .. with their smallest enquiry .. SO kudos to them for their efforts and i know they will follow the same suite this time too..

Second thing which i thought i will mention whenever next year i will read the admission opening is that ... the admission process and transparency was very impressive and professionals. This i can say from my experience what i felt ... i can't judge other than that .. but the way IMI senior and management .. helps each aspirant and the process they followed in gd/pi was better than i saw in other colleges .. .so hope this process will go on

Thanks you
All the best ...

PS : The views follow in this post are personal .. and neither their for defaming or making a FACT to be followed by other but to ... make newbies and first timer to have a better veiw of the experience of aspirant like you .. and still an aspirant

PPS : for proof read last year thread .. .

PPPS : this post is gratitude from me to senior who help people like me .. :-P

Hey Sandz,

Thanks for the post yaar..........it's really encouraging for all the people involved in the process. Since you are also an aspirant this year, I can presume that my atleast 1 form is sold
Hope we'll get ur feedback regarding the admission process and to further improve it this year.
Hey Sandz,

Thanks for the post yaar..........it's really encouraging for all the people involved in the process. Since you are also an aspirant this year, I can presume that my atleast 1 form is sold
Hope we'll get ur feedback regarding the admission process and to further improve it this year.

many more forms will be sold this year sir.......
IMI has emerged as a highly reputed b-school in recent past... and it's again in my hit list for this year and of many other aspirants too...

am coming up with the application for both the courses....

thanks to all the IMI seniors for not only helping us out by this thread but other than this too....

Cheers!!

Just wanted to know if Work ex. in ITES industry (BPO/KPO) is considered and accepted in IMI in evaluating the candidate profile ...?

Ach_mathur Says
Just wanted to know if Work ex. in ITES industry (BPO/KPO) is considered and accepted in IMI in evaluating the candidate profile ...?

If it's full time work ex after graduation, it's considered.

Hii seniors

just wanted to know if we can use net banking also for applying online.... website mentions credit card... that's why i need to confirm it

Secondly, is it such that we have to fill a single application form for both PGDM and PGDM(HR) with application fee as 2000 or we need to go for 2 seperate forms?

thanks in advance

regards
varun