IMI Delhi 2009-11 Admissions

Hello Everyone, The advertisement of IMI, Delhi 2009-11 is already out and the forms will be out by 8th Aug. Check IMI Admissions for more details regarding the admission dates, fees, course curriculum etc. So for all the IMI aspirants, …

Hello Everyone,

The advertisement of IMI, Delhi 2009-11 is already out and the forms will be out by 8th Aug. Check IMI Admissions for more details regarding the admission dates, fees, course curriculum etc.

So for all the IMI aspirants, feel free to post your queries regarding IMI Admissions in this thread and we'll try our best to answer each of them as soon as possible

Best of luck

Hello guys,

Well IMI is a great college what i feel, but what i dont understand that colleges especially syombiosis, IMI, MDI, why these colleges keep their last date before CAT

r these people so money minded, and CAT is not like 10-12 class, where more u study, more u score, anything can happen on that day

cant they keep last date after CAT

sorry to say but bad bad way to get money from a persons pocket

heyloz

i am in 4th yr of engineering..without job ex..

how good is IMI for me..in terms of avg package,knowledge gained..

Avg. package last yr was more than 9 lakhs, which is similar to various top B-school avg packages..... And it's not that only the experienced people get such packages, freshers do get as well.... They just have to justify why the company should hire them, nothing more.

Knowledge gained is something subjective... and it depends on individual basis. However, IMI's USP is its faculty... so you can judge by that
Buddy .. I can understand ur displeasure, But u also need to understand the institute's perspective ...

If you are interested in an institute & are confident of your performance in the entrance exam , then i dont think so that purchasing the form a few days earlier would be of any trouble to you ...Any good institute would like to have these type of people exibiting self confidence ...

Moreover , this has become a general trend nowadays amongst all the Good Colleges ...

All The Best !!

Its not about confidence in exam or in ur performance, its about money dear

i m confident, but suppose i get 96.6, and cut off goes to 96.8, then what will confidence do in this

and what is bad in keeping date after Exam, they are going to start session in June July next year, so what they will do of applications receieved that early.
Buddy .. i accept your point ...
But, u all to consider the fact that some of the decisions are taken by the management & there are certain criteria behind those decisions ...
So, as of now i cant comment on these criterias & u have to accept these changes...
Buddy , as far as issue of changing cutoff is concerned, u cant be sure of that even if u have your last date after the entrance exam..

All the Best for the Application Process !!

but after exam, atleast i can have idea of my performance, and i can apply according to that

i can save my hard earned money
but after exam, atleast i can have idea of my performance, and i can apply according to that

i can save my hard earned money

I understand your point, but as a manager, you would be required to take decisions in uncertain environment. Managers are not paid for taking black & white decisions!
Also if you see the last two year's data, you'll come to know that the estimates which you get from coaching institutes have failed miserably(Esp in verbal section). Therefore we can't conclude that one is sure of it's percentile even after CAT until the Score card is out, and by that time, our last date is anyways gone.
Hope it'll help you in making your decision...

hey. the IMI website does not mention where the forms are available. so does this imply that the forms are available only at the campus??

thestig Says
hey. the IMI website does not mention where the forms are available. so does this imply that the forms are available only at the campus??

The forms would be available on various centers of TIME, Career Launcher, PT, & IMS. They would be available across the country by next week. You can also fill the form online by visiting IMI website(International Management Institute, New Delhi - Homepage)
ATB!!!

guys could you please let me kno , last years IMI cutoffs (Including sectional) for HR as well as main course...also do we have to purchase seperate foms for HR and main programs??

jhaparag Says
guys could you please let me kno , last years IMI cutoffs (Including sectional) for HR as well as main course...also do we have to purchase seperate foms for HR and main programs??

Last yr cutoffs were:

PGDM: 96 %ile overall, min 50 %ile in each section
PGDM(HR): 90 %ile overall, min 30 %ile in each section

For any one program, you have to pay Rs. 1500/-, whether you fill PGDM or PGDM(HR). To apply for both the programs, you have to pay Rs. 2000/- and although you'll still get only a single form, you can tick both the course choices (an option in the application form). If you choose both without paying Rs. 2000/-, your form may not be processed

Welcome all aspirants...

for more details, you can visit the IMI webpage:
Admission Details 2008

Also, if puys hv sm time for :2gunfire:orkutting from offices or home, join the community:
IMI Admissions 2009

Hi aspirants

This is Barath
I am in PGDM-HR 2008-2010 batch of IMI
Will be helping u out along with my other friends regarding all ur queries related to admissions and about IMI

Cheers
Barath

Duplicate post

IMI prospectus are aviblable in any banks etc.. pls guide. Or we have to go to IMI ??

prateeknsit_18 Says
IMI prospectus are aviblable in any banks etc.. pls guide. Or we have to go to IMI ??

Hi

IMI prospectus is not available in banks.Forms are available in coaching centres TIME,IMS,Career launcher and PT India.You can also fill the online form available at IMI website(www.imi.edu) or obtain the form By Post (enclosing Demand Draft drawn in favour of International Management
Institute and payable at New Delhi).

Cheers
Barath
Hi all,

Wonderful initiative avinav!!..

TOI ad on IMI admissions is posted as an attachment

Check the link to know more about the vibrant life@IMI
LIFE

puys,do post any queries related to IMI admissions and ADCOM( Admissions committee) will definitely sort it out. or you can also send PMs to seniors to know more about the college.

wishing you best of luck in ur CAT and hoping to see you @ IMI on June 2009

The online application form is available at
On line Admission

Sir, friends n seniors,
as mentioned in d IMI adv selection will also be based on past acads..
I hv poor acads record
10th- 69%
12th- 66%
and Grads(in B.C.A)- 59%
so i wud like 2 know if dis acad record hinder my prospects during selection?
and another thing, I finished my graduation in 2007 and hv been helping my dad in d business so will it account as work-ex?
and wat will b d expected cut-offs dis yr?

what are my chances with such an avg profile???

hello seniors,i m vinit from bhubaneswar, an aspirant..
first have a look at my profile
10th(ICSE)-69%
12th(CBSE)-66%
B.COM(H)-64%
work ex-12 months with an audit firm
social work-associated with an NGO which works for wildlife conservation and offlate trying to bag a UNICEF project in my state.
sports-have played cricket at the school and college level
hobbies-indian politics,cricket

my queries are
1)given a good cat score in the range of last years cutoff for IMI wat are my chances of final selection into IMI?
2)wat is the weightage given to different selection criteria like CAT written.academic profile,extra currics etc
3)and wat is the weightage of the type of work ex(auditor) i have as u know cat is giving weightages to work ex sectors now?

sorry for the essay and thx in advance for the reply i m going to get