IMD Switzerland (2009-10) Applicantions and Beyond

Hey All, Couldnt find a thread on IMD Switzerland for 2009-10 applicants, so thought of starting a new thread. Current Students and Alums please guide us. I am considering applying to IMD SWitzerland in Cycle 1, any more applicants ? Ple…

Hey All,

Couldnt find a thread on IMD Switzerland for 2009-10 applicants, so thought of starting a new thread. Current Students and Alums please guide us.

I am considering applying to IMD SWitzerland in Cycle 1, any more applicants ? Please join in.

Target,

Can you share your profile? It will be good to know the profile of this years applicants.

Hey,

Gud to see sme activity on this thread, the thread is just 1-day old :).

My Profile :
GMAT-680 ( Q-50, V-32 ), AWA-5
Work Ex: 5 yrs ( Till date )
( 4 yrs in a manufacturing firm, 1 yr in Services )

I am yet to decide if I wud apply, application deadline is far ..so I have some time to decide. My first pref is ISB, I appeared for an interview and if I dun get thru I'll apply to IMD.

What abt u ? whts ur profile? Where else are u applying?

Can some one shed more light on the job scenario in switzerland?
I am also interested in applying to IMD but skeptical about the job scene.

I havent done much research on job scenario in Switzerland , but the program is highly ranked. Job scene isnt very gud anywhere in Europe / US these days..so be ready to take sme risk if u r applying to IMD. Have u started ur application already?

Yes, I understand that the job scene is currently dim evrywhere because of the slowdown. but it will be great if we have some one who can shed some light on "in general" job scene, work permit issues, roi etc?

No, I haven't started the application yet..what about u?

No, I am yet to start..applicationd eadline is far..we have time. where else r u applying?

Yes, I understand that the job scene is currently dim evrywhere because of the slowdown. but it will be great if we have some one who can shed some light on "in general" job scene, work permit issues, roi etc?

No, I haven't started the application yet..what about u?

PMed you. :)

target-09 Says
No, I am yet to start..applicationd eadline is far..we have time. where else r u applying?

Guys,

I am applying to IMD too. GMAT 730, 13+ years IT experience. IMD is a very choosy school. It is certaintly one of the best b-schools. Its my favorite school. My other favorite b-schools are ISB and LBS. It would be tough if I have to choose between ISB and IMD.

Regards

Subhen

Hello Puys and target '09 :robot:

Any IMD applicant????

target 09, you are mother of this thread, keep it alive.

ciao,

saurabh

I am considering IMD and gather that they are very picky and look for good work experience with high focus on international.

I'm wondering if the 2009-2010 mentioned on this thread is the Jan 2010 session, the first round date I picked from their site is around March sometime. Do correct me if I'm wrong about this

Also, who else applying?

Thanks!
May

Hello May,
Yes it is for Class Jan '10.The first round date was yesterday.

I am considering IMD and gather that they are very picky and look for good work experience with high focus on international.

I'm wondering if the 2009-2010 mentioned on this thread is the Jan 2010 session, the first round date I picked from their site is around March sometime. Do correct me if I'm wrong about this

Also, who else applying?

Thanks!
May
Hello May,
Yes it is for Class Jan '10.The first round date was yesterday.

Thanks Saurabh, have you applied / are applying?

yes may, I have.

May Says
Thanks Saurabh, have you applied / are applying?

:detective: All the best puys!!
I didnt apply to IMD Switzerland..so carrying forward the reposibility to u guys..make this thread more lively!

Hello Puys and target '09 :robot:

Any IMD applicant????

target 09, you are mother of this thread, keep it alive.

ciao,

saurabh

I have applied in the 2nd round. Any news from any of you got admission in through the 1st round. My profile is 10 yrs. of work exp. 670 GMAT (49 quant, 32 verbal, 6 AWA).

any news from the 1st round. Who all got through?